Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

I won't be surprised if Riley leaves. No one on the planet except the suits in the athletic department and the dumbest peckerwoods in Oklahoma think moving to the SEC is a good idea. It's a disaster in the making. Just the fact the Texas suits thought it was a brilliant idea should be enough to raise a red flag

USC is a great job. Unlimited money, he'll drive past more recruits on the way to work than Oklahoma produces in a decade, and one of the most powerful universities in the country.

I haven't heard anything definitive, but now that OU has announced a move to the SEC the USC job is far better than the OU job. No comparison. And not even remotely as much pressure and constant griping from fans in LA as in Oklahoma

Then add in the fact your family gets to grow up on the beach in Manhattan Beach or one of those movie set towns and it's a very attractive move

Reactions: KJ
I personally think some of these guys are going to be really good. Clawson already is.

Jamey Chadwell

Jeff Lebey

Sean Lewis

Dave Clawson

Luke Fickell could be had too if he wasn't so obsessed with getting the ohio state job.

The Jaxson Dart kid should be perfect for Riley. Got his feet wet this year and now Lincoln can pick up from there. System, skill players and points won't be an issue. LOS will be.
I'd assume Caleb follows out West ..

Wait, Stoops is leaving the set of Fox to coach OU in the bowl game? Instead of an existing coach on the staff?

That's a bit bizarre.

Barry Alvarez has done it twice, but he was athletic director with the school

And I'm trying to remember, didn't Bob Stoops serve some role with the team or on the sideline last season during covid when staff was out or something?

And I'm trying to remember, didn't Bob Stoops serve some role with the team or on the sideline last season during covid when staff was out or something?
He did, and was--and still is--on the payroll of the university.

Has been ever since he retired. I don't know what the title is, but he is still part of the university and still being paid as some type of alum outreach or some such

Last edited:
Riley will have them back on the national map in no time , could possibly win Pac12 next year if he gets a transfer Qb in

Massive hire , good luck poaching 5 stars out of Southern Cal now

Would be a good get for Akron. He must actually want it (atleast for a year or two) because I'd think his services would be wanted a better schools

The thing Riley can't fix " in no time" is how USC OL and DL players get pushed all over the field by opponents.

There are definitely things that his presence there will immediately upgrade but the players they need to change their shortcoming and needed mentality at the LOS aren't on the team. Half the teams in the league are more physical and tougher than USC.

As much as I prefer Kiffin just give me Cristobal at this point. The rumors of Mandy returning are so stupid but probably true. At this point I would take Al Golden back just to get rid of this idiot.

MiniatureScentedJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

Brian Kelly goin now…..Feldman and other report that’s the target.

I’ll vomit
He's got Notre Dame on the doorstep of the CFP for like the 4th or 5th time out of 8. He could probably do really well at a school that doesn't have the entry barriers that ND does. Is the LSU fanbase pretty much deadset on a guy that can hopefully recreate 2019? Meaning an offense first guy?

He's got Notre Dame on the doorstep of the CFP for like the 4th or 5th time out of 8. He could probably do really well at a school that doesn't have the entry barriers that ND does. Is the LSU fanbase pretty much deadset on a guy that can hopefully recreate 2019? Meaning an offense first guy?
I don’t know man…seems like trying to make a fit that isn’t there. A little older…

Tell you this. Let’s say this happens….how does Fickell NOT got to ND?

I don’t know man…seems like trying to make a fit that isn’t there. A little older…

Tell you this. Let’s say this happens….how does Fickell NOT got to ND?
Campbell and this is the kinda thing that makes ISU fans really freak out

It was PSU for a minute til they did PSU things

Back