Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

Arizona will have the same defensive coordinator one last time. Brown will coach the defense this week and call the plays before devoting his full-time attention to UMass.
Although they have backslid lately, the Wildcats have made huge strides under Brown. They rank sixth in the Pac-12 in total defense. Arizona hasn’t finished in the top eight since 2010 and was last in most meaningful categories last year.

Cristobal is a poor game day coach but he'd kill it in recruiting...
Agree with you on both points, I think he's too conservative, I mean the guy had Herbert and never let him loose, but the best high school football is played in Florida, and more specifically South Florida, one of Miami's problems has been keeping the top recruits home, and Cristobal knows the area as well as anyone

Agree with you on both points, I think he's too conservative, I mean the guy had Herbert and never let him loose, but the best high school football is played in Florida, and more specifically South Florida, one of Miami's problems has been keeping the top recruits home, and Cristobal knows the area as well as anyone
If you think about the state of all 3 big dogs in FLA right now….seems crazy. I haven’t looked at the rosters up and down but are the losing all the top talent?

If you think about the state of all 3 big dogs in FLA right now….seems crazy. I haven’t looked at the rosters up and down but are the losing all the top talent?
His early success coupled with the downfall of the once proud in-state programs had Mullen set-up to dominate Florida recruiting...and the egotistical, smug, lazy asshole just didn't give a fuck. Simply amazing that this prick ran a major program (into the ground) today with that attitude.

I live in South Florida and the Miami fan base wants Cristobal, personally I think he's a bit overrated and would much prefer Kiffin
Cristobal is a terrible in game coach. I am all in on Kiffin as he has become an excellent gameday coach and the off field stuff would be great to follow.

Think there's little chance that Lane is a serious candidate for Gators due to "off field issues"...especially considering both our AD and president are in hot water for doing shady shit.

It's crazy to think all of the big Fla schools are struggling right now, I think it's a combo of not keeping all the talent home combined with not hiring the right coaches, there's really no reason why all of these programs shouldn't be solid

Aranda staying at Baylor now?

Scott Woodward in his hometown at his alma mater….I have to believe it’s Jimbo or Riley. Maybe I’m crazy

Aranda staying at Baylor now?

Scott Woodward in his hometown at his alma mater….I have to believe it’s Jimbo or Riley. Maybe I’m crazy
The Georgia people I know, who have really good BR sources are saying Riley is the main target and Mark Stoops as the backup. Take that FWIW.

Shocking honestly, it shouldn't take much to get someone to upgrade to BR from Waco ffs

How long before Orgeron is on Kiffin’s staff? Can it happen at ole miss?

Word in Seattle is that the UW is officially offering Campbell this weekend.....my finger's are crossed.....would love the hire

Have to wonder why La Tech would fire Skip Holtz after one bad season, especially with the shitty timing of it.

So many of the rumored candidates reported to be staying at current school and getting contract extensions, there doesn't seem to be enough viable high profile guys to go around for all the high profile jobs.

I'm sure Washington State will be announcing Dickert their full-time HC this weekend.

2021 Coaching changes by school​

SCHOOLFIRED/RESIGNEDREPLACEMENT
UConnRandy EdsallJim Mora
USCClay Helton
Georgia SouthernChad LunsfordClay Helton
LSUEd Orgeron
Washington StateNick Rolovich
Texas TechMatt WellsJoey McGuire
TCUGary PattersonSonny Dykes
AkronTom Arth
UMassWalt BellDon Brown
WashingtonJimmy Lake
FIUButch Davis
Virginia TechJustin Fuente
FloridaDan Mullen
New Mexico StateDoug Martin
TroyChip Lindsey
Louisiana TechSkip Holtz

So many of the rumored candidates reported to be staying at current school and getting contract extensions, there doesn't seem to be enough viable high profile guys to go around for all the high profile jobs.

I'm sure Washington State will be announcing Dickert their full-time HC this weekend.
I think many of these coaches have no real intention of leaving. but they put their names out there in order to get a better deal where they currently are

Rumors are nuts about Campbell naturally, of course 95% of ISU fans think he stays because family/building culture but if he is going to leave, this would certainly be the year to do it. I don't really prescribe to the USC or LSU things as much as some, just don't seem like gigs he'd be overly interested in given his personality and boosters. What @jimmymo said above is the glaring thing, he could go to a place like UW and still do his hard work approach without being under the microscope. Everyone in Ames is trying to decipher every little thing he says and it's annoying. How could anyone blame him for taking a bigger job?

Rumors are nuts about Campbell naturally, of course 95% of ISU fans think he stays because family/building culture but if he is going to leave, this would certainly be the year to do it. I don't really prescribe to the USC or LSU things as much as some, just don't seem like gigs he'd be overly interested in given his personality and boosters. What @jimmymo said above is the glaring thing, he could go to a place like UW and still do his hard work approach without being under the microscope. Everyone in Ames is trying to decipher every little thing he says and it's annoying. How could anyone blame him for taking a bigger job?

He better leave now while his stock is relatively high.

This is the kind of stuff I love.....I mean, doesn't every fan base track private air traffic to figure this stuff out????/

10750013.jpeg

Back