Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

I'm most curious to see what FCS coaches move up the food chain and where Tom Herman might show up.

I'm most curious to see what FCS coaches move up the food chain and where Tom Herman might show up.
Is SHSU moving up to FBS next year? I can't keep up.

Hermann could be a steal for a decent team, just never sure he could handle the politics of UT football.

Last edited:
Disappointing is his record v Iowa

Losses to Baylor/WVU/TTU were bounces that went ISU's way last year and didn't this year
Two different Jets GMs were interested in him which means he must not be very good. In all seriousness he's a good coach but I think he's far from great. Then again when Franklin is getting paid what he is Campbell will probably land a plum job at huge money.

Two different Jets GMs were interested in him which means he must not be very good. In all seriousness he's a good coach but I think he's far from great. Then again when Franklin is getting paid what he is Campbell will probably land a plum job at huge money.
Think he wouldn't do so well with a bunch of 4 and 5 stars

Kinda lives on the mantra of coaching guys up, having the relationship with the AD helps. Most ISU fans think he'd only leave for tOSU, Penn St, Michigan and maybe MSU but those aren't likely for awhile now. He's different for sure, he could have left a few years ago.

Still think it's nuts that Ferentz never went anywhere else.

Cristobal flew to Miami after the Oregon game to see his mom who happens to be sick.

Quick visit to the AD’s office?

As someone who likes Florida, my main question is: can Napier recruit? Gainesville is an absolute hotbed yet Mullen totally failed to reel in sufficient talent. Napier has to do better

In my mind, the only reason to leave OU for USC is money. Or you want to be a celebrity. Obviously the path to the playoffs is easier, especially with the move to the SEC, but I have to think this is going to be a massive rebuild that’s going to take longer than they may think. Though usc proved with Helton that they are willing to be patient. Glad Alabama already established a recruiting relationship with Mater Dei.

So, Heupel to OU?

In my mind, the only reason to leave OU for USC is money. Or you want to be a celebrity. Obviously the path to the playoffs is easier, especially with the move to the SEC, but I have to think this is going to be a massive rebuild that’s going to take longer than they may think. Though usc proved with Helton that they are willing to be patient. Glad Alabama already established a recruiting relationship with Mater Dei.

So, Heupel to OU?

Guy on Twitter says heupel doesn't like OU. Guessing his tenure as OC didn't end well there.

I agree. The commitment to really do it right as HC for OU, I don't think Bob would do anything to put OU at any type of disadvantage, which him taking over short term or for a year would I think in terms of recruiting and questioning the future. OU needs a full time fully committed and engaged coach in all things that need engaged with. It's a huge job with a huge move to the SEC, I don't think Bob Stoops would want that commitment. Just my opinion, but some of these coaches that have gotten out, like Bob Stoops and Chris Peterson, I am very sure they miss coaching. But I'm also pretty sure they don't miss the baggage that comes with it.

Reactions: KJ
Lincoln Riley to USC is quite the hot hire and score for them.

I do think as mentioned that USC is more of a rebuild than some know. The OL and DL is pretty bad compared to the upper level teams even in the PAC 12.

Lincoln Riley to USC is quite the hot hire and score for them.

I do think as mentioned that USC is more of a rebuild than some know. The OL and DL is pretty bad compared to the upper level teams even in the PAC 12.
Haven't really kept up with the AD situation there, seems like that was quite a hinderance for a long time

I do know I didn't expect Enfield to succeed as much as he has in hoops so they must at least have it going in the right direction

Not knowing more than surface knowledge, I think USC is pretty stable at AD now

I saw arch got wrecked in their last playoff game.
Probably so. I’m no recruiting guru, but I think his last name is inflating his ranking. Though if he has the talent and desire, nobody has a better support system

I guess Miami is waiting till Wed or something to lower the Diaz buyout by 2 million but geez if they give that idiot another year I'm not going to be thrilled at all.

Problem with the pac 12 is its the worst power 5 conference. Usually looking from the outside trying to get in playoffs.

Riley will turn it around quick though. He will get his qb right away. A good offense gets you 9-10 wins easy your first year. Wouldn't be surprised to see jj Mccarthy go in portal and end up at ou or Usc.

Not a fan of Napier offense but he will be good for a culture that needs to be rebuilt in Gainesville. Going to be a process there imo.

Problem with the pac 12 is its the worst power 5 conference. Usually looking from the outside trying to get in playoffs.

Riley will turn it around quick though. He will get his qb right away. A good offense gets you 9-10 wins easy your first year. Wouldn't be surprised to see jj Mccarthy go in portal and end up at ou or Usc.
Seems like the Pac is slowly heading in the right direction with the new commissioner but it will certainly take time to dig out the hole Scott left them in

Seems like the Pac is slowly heading in the right direction with the new commissioner but it will certainly take time to dig out the hole Scott left them in
. The big ten pac 12 "alliance" will help beefen the schedule a little

The Jaxson Dart kid should be perfect for Riley. Got his feet wet this year and now Lincoln can pick up from there. System, skill players and points won't be an issue. LOS will be.

Thing that's part of the appeal

Only 2 big names in usc and oregon

UCLA and UW probly 3rd and 4th

Hes gonna have a lot easier ride to the playoff than in the new sec at Oklahoma

Back