Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

Solid triple imo......I am a guy who thinks he turns out to be a better choice than Campbell......but then, I thought the UW was borderline playoff caliber at the start of the season....
I'm going double. Time will tell I suppose.

Solid triple imo......I am a guy who thinks he turns out to be a better choice than Campbell......but then, I thought the UW was borderline playoff caliber at the start of the season....
Someone brought it up today that Campbell wants his staff to not be paid significantly less than him. He doesn't want to be losing coordinators and coaches to other jobs en masse, he wants continuity and he does really negotiate that into his deals. The way I understand it, he's typically offered more than his base but prefers it to be spread out to keep the foundation in place. If so, kudos. Don't see that much today.

incredible numbers they are throwing at coaches these days.
If that's true it's basically a) get on plane b) go to resort c) relax d) oh shit all my stuff and family are here too? e) I got a fuckload of money to do this?

If that's true it's basically a) get on plane b) go to resort c) relax d) oh shit all my stuff and family are here too? e) I got a fuckload of money to do this?
In my Godfather voice.... "Let me make you an offer you can't refuse"

Rhett Lashlee to SMU to replace Dykes. He was OC under Dykes before he went to Miami as OC

Good hire for SMU. Lashlee is considered a very hot coaching prospect

In my Godfather voice.... "Let me make you an offer you can't refuse"
That's true, the part about the new "family" is very underappreciated

Hell I've spent enough time defending Kliff about it, Riley has inherited a "gold" mine in SoCal

Word is that Riley topped Tuckers' contract. $110 million over either 9 or 10 years, USC is buying him a house and providing unlimited use of private jets for his personal use.

And whatever it takes to hire the staff Riley wants.

USC is a private school so we may never know if those numbers are correct, but a guy who has pretty good inside info told me they were close. And said the amount provided to Riley to buy a house is $6 million. Even in S California that buys a pretty nice house

Word is that Riley topped Tuckers' contract. $110 million over either 9 or 10 years, USC is buying him a house and providing unlimited use of private jets for his personal use.

And whatever it takes to hire the staff Riley wants.

USC is a private school so we may never know if those numbers are correct, but a guy who has pretty good inside info told me they were close. And said the amount provided to Riley to buy a house is $6 million. Even in S California that buys a pretty nice house
Posted above and maybe this is you on twitter Tahoe but I'd hire someone to sign my signature with a 24k gold pen at this point

Riley.jpg

One other name I saw was Matt Campbell. I don't think ISU can compete with the dollars that are being thrown around.

Posted above and maybe this is you on twitter Tahoe but I'd hire someone to sign my signature with a 24k gold pen at this point
Not me, I don't use twitter, but the details are pretty close to what I'm hearing.

I also heard Riley--when the suits told him they were considering a move to the SEC--told them he was against it and it would be a big mistake for the university, they had the best situation in the country as it was (he was right too, they did have). They told him nothing was definite and not to worry, they would get back with him before they made any decision. The next time he heard anything was the same suits on TV announcing they were moving to the SEC

He is smart to cut ties and get away from those people. The biggest mistake you can make in life is to deal with people who have already proved they will cheat and lie and double cross people who trust them

Not me, I don't use twitter, but the details are pretty close to what I'm hearing.
Was a joke

Who could ever blame a guy for getting to live a champagne lifestyle the rest of his life than have to put up with that shit?

It's Spring Break on crack

Now I want Georgia to beat Alabama, Iowa to beat Michigan, Baylor to beat Oklahoma State so A) Notre Dame can be in the top 4 of the playoff rankings without Kelly or B) have the committee say they aren't going to put them in the top 4 without their coach and screw the players over

Unlimited crawfish hahahaha

And yeah KJ, I'd worry about Camp to ND (obviously Fickell and Irving Meijer on list too one would think).

Unlimited crawfish hahahaha

And yeah KJ, I'd worry about Camp to ND (obviously Fickell and Irving Meijer on list too one would think).
You don't think Brohm would get a call from them? I think the sky is the limit for him if he lands a gig like that.

Back