The Warriors are really good. REALLY GOOD!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

I know they are just beating the Lakers but they are no joke.. I expect big things from this squad.. I love the Iguodala pick up, perfect fit and exactly what they needed. We all know they have an epic backcourt with Klay Thompson/Curry.. Front court is solid with Lee and Bogut.

Barnes is great 6th man.. Speights, Jermaine O Neal, Douglas off the bench.

This team is totally legit. I think they are better than the Clippers and almost as good as the Thunder. This team is a tough matchup for the spurs, they almost had them last season.

Also they have one of the best home courts in all of the NBA. College atmosphere there.

Too bad they can't play all their games at home. They aren't going very far in the playoffs. Iggy is okay but he's an extremely frustrating player on offense. You're making klay/curry sound way better than they actually are.

At home they'll be very good.

Too bad they can't play all their games at home. They aren't going very far in the playoffs. Iggy is okay but he's an extremely frustrating player on offense. You're making klay/curry sound way better than they actually are.

debbie downer

Name me 3 better backcourts..

You're not a debbie downer...just flat out wrong. Their bench is deeper this year (assuming Barnes injury isn't something more serious than they are leading on). Losing Jack was definitely tough because he was not only the leader of the second unit, but just a great leader and teammate. That being said, he often played out of control and they've replaced him in spades with Iggy's skill set along with Toney Douglas. Iguadala can cover the 1-3 and dominate defensively, plus he's great in transition (although i am not necessarily a fan of his...these are just plain truths). Toney Douglas is quietly one of the better defensive backup PG's in the league. Shit, even Bazemore is underrated...he'd get minutes on a lot of teams out there. Point is, combined, those two will take the necessary pressure off Curry. Losing Hot Carl is a wash...they're better in the post imo. They are for sure much improved defensively with Speights and Oneal, who are more than serviceable backups in the post. Moreover, compared to last year they're whole unit is improved defensively and offensively. They have the best shooting backcourt in the league and amazing chemistry (don't discount this...these guys LOVE playing together and play for eachother). Klay and Curry are young too...so don't think they won't improve. Finally, your road/home comment is off too...last year they won on the road in the playoffs at Denver and SAS, which are two of the toughest home court advantages in the league outside of Oracle. They have pieces all over the place even if they have a couple injuries to stay elite....a rash of devastating injuries could sink their ship but they are elite...Championship caliber elite...no doubt about it.

I haven't posted in 2-3 years I think, but I just had to respond to this considering your sn is nbafan and I've read ur posts here and on blankets...you know better than that post.

You're not a debbie downer...just flat out wrong. Their bench is deeper this year (assuming Barnes injury isn't something more serious than they are leading on). Losing Jack was definitely tough because he was not only the leader of the second unit, but just a great leader and teammate. That being said, he often played out of control and they've replaced him in spades with Iggy's skill set along with Toney Douglas. Iguadala can cover the 1-3 and dominate defensively, plus he's great in transition (although i am not necessarily a fan of his...these are just plain truths). Toney Douglas is quietly one of the better defensive backup PG's in the league. Shit, even Bazemore is underrated...he'd get minutes on a lot of teams out there. Point is, combined, those two will take the necessary pressure off Curry. Losing Hot Carl is a wash...they're better in the post imo. They are for sure much improved defensively with Speights and Oneal, who are more than serviceable backups in the post. Moreover, compared to last year they're whole unit is improved defensively and offensively. They have the best shooting backcourt in the league and amazing chemistry (don't discount this...these guys LOVE playing together and play for eachother). Klay and Curry are young too...so don't think they won't improve. Finally, your road/home comment is off too...last year they won on the road in the playoffs at Denver and SAS, which are two of the toughest home court advantages in the league outside of Oracle. They have pieces all over the place even if they have a couple injuries to stay elite....a rash of devastating injuries could sink their ship but they are elite...Championship caliber elite...no doubt about it.

I haven't posted in 2-3 years I think, but I just had to respond to this considering your sn is nbafan and I've read ur posts here and on blankets...you know better than that post.

Glad to know I helped with this..

Glad to know I helped with this..

Ha..cheers to that man. There's probably some old-school guys here and over at blankets that remember me. Hoops used to be my thing, and did pretty well at it. Unfortunately, between a new career and the govt crackdown on online books...I put sports betting in the rearview mirror (unless I'm in Vegas on a bender). Still have fond memories and I miss matchbook almost as much as college pussy. It might actually even be 5-6 years since I've posted. Still read both places a ton tho for opinions and laughs. Anyways...GL with your season...and coming from a non-homer, you're right about the Dubz...they're legit.

Iggy is an elite defender. But until he actually does what he is capable on offense he is a hindrance on that end. He misses free throws until the 4th quarter ALL the time. Just stupid things that are due to a lack of concentration. I don't see how the bench got better but we will see

I want the warriors to do well because I love Mark Jackson. The players play hard for him and from the young teams in the league, the warriors are my favorite. Just don't think they have the pieces to succeed in the playoffs. Not changing my views on that until they make another acquisition.

You're killin me nbafan.

Let's compare...last year the bench consisted of Andres Beidrins, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry, Richard Jefferson, Festus Ezeli, Kent Bazemore and Draymond Green. This year the bench is Toney Douglas, Harrison Barnes, Mo Speights, Jermaine Oneal, Draymond Green, Kent Bazemore and the rookie PG (Ezeli is still recovering). Should I flesh that out or can you see on it's face that bench is more balanced and better defensively?

As for Iggy...his role will be to work with both the first and second units, backup the PG and be the guy that can spend 30 minutes a game guarding some of the dominant wings out there (LBJ, KD, Paul George, etc) as well as other superstars for opposing teams. I really don't like him offensively myself, but he's the type of ugly addition that raises a defensive unit's overall ability. A solid/smart shotblocker combined with a guy like Iggy can help hide bad defenders like Curry.

Also Mark Jackson isn't a great coach btw...he sucks at calling plays and is a better "player's coach" that really relates to his unit and knows how to motivate the fellas. Guys like Popp or Thibs could coach circles around him in terms of X's and O's, managing a game and making adjustments.

Either way...two people can always agree to disagree. I think this team is solid as-is assuming Barnes returns at 100%. Good luck with your season mang.

Man you said this same exact shit last year when they bounced your Nuggets out of the playoffs. I think you faded the Warriors every game between the Nuggets and Spurs series and they covered probably 80% of those games. And last year, all I saw/read from you was Iggylicious!!! Now he sucks? We all know his offense can be disappointing but with all the scorers we have on this team, he doesn't have to be an outstanding offensive player. Just play with the flow, and it'll come to him. Just concentrate on being a lock down defender.

As far as the bench, I'm very happy with it. It's solid. The starters will be getting most of the minutes of course but when they sit, we still have a lot of fire power coming off it. Harrison Barnes is only scheduled to miss the first 2 starts, so he'll be back soon and he can start on many teams. And don't sleep on Draymond Green. He can ball and defend.

Injuries are my main concern for the team as Curry and Bogut have never played a full season w/o getting injured.

Answer gyno's question nbafan and what better back court is there in the nba?

Curry and Klay > Derron and JJ.
Yeah that's right I said it.

You looked silly last year and I thought the long run into the playoffs would change your mind on them. Stop Hating!

post more please

You're killin me nbafan.

Let's compare...last year the bench consisted of Andres Beidrins, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry, Richard Jefferson, Festus Ezeli, Kent Bazemore and Draymond Green. This year the bench is Toney Douglas, Harrison Barnes, Mo Speights, Jermaine Oneal, Draymond Green, Kent Bazemore and the rookie PG (Ezeli is still recovering). Should I flesh that out or can you see on it's face that bench is more balanced and better defensively?

As for Iggy...his role will be to work with both the first and second units, backup the PG and be the guy that can spend 30 minutes a game guarding some of the dominant wings out there (LBJ, KD, Paul George, etc) as well as other superstars for opposing teams. I really don't like him offensively myself, but he's the type of ugly addition that raises a defensive unit's overall ability. A solid/smart shotblocker combined with a guy like Iggy can help hide bad defenders like Curry.

Also Mark Jackson isn't a great coach btw...he sucks at calling plays and is a better "player's coach" that really relates to his unit and knows how to motivate the fellas. Guys like Popp or Thibs could coach circles around him in terms of X's and O's, managing a game and making adjustments.

Either way...two people can always agree to disagree. I think this team is solid as-is assuming Barnes returns at 100%. Good luck with your season mang.

This.

Give him a few more years under his belt, Popp and Thibs have light years ahead of him being mentored and being part of winning programs.
The players coach mentality works very well with young players such as the Warriors, they will be a very fun team to watch always, although sometimes I just feel that front court is a bunch of pussies lol.

I have Steph Curry in my fantasy….I accidentally took him with my #2 pick, yes I did that ahead of CP3 and all because the fucking computer froze and some how auto picked him…I swear he better have a career year.
Last nights game was a tough one to watch…great he is a one man scoring machine but 11 TOs!? Kid has to smarten up big time on the road.

Back