The Best of the West (WCF's) Discussion Thread...

Impressive in a game that isn't to your pace, you just d up

They've got that ability this year

Dubs spread dead. Steady diet of Harden drawing fouls on every Rox possession from hereon in.

What that got to do with it?
He outcoached Stevens? Yes. Outcoached Tibs? Yes. Destroyed the coach of the Year, coach Bud in Game 1? Yes.
Even LeBron, had to give him credit after Game 1, despite hating Blatt...

Best coach left standing without a question even... Who is better? McHale?

Steve Kerr

CFlKADJWEAAKaU5.jpg:large

It's starting to dawn on me that the Warriors are going to be the mirror image of the inexperienced Thunder that crashed 1-4 to LBJ in the NBA finals. Question is does LBJ have the horses this time round he had back then with the Heat to take similar adv. of that vulnerability.

He got schooled by McHale twice now...

Schooled through 3 games against Joerger yet it ended up being clinical

The guy might be learning but he's up 2-0 while being schooled, hate to see what happens when he figures it out which he will

Anyone cracking on Kerr at this point has lost money and should be pissed at themselves

It's starting to dawn on me that the Warriors are going to be the mirror image of the inexperienced Thunder that crashed 1-4 to LBJ in the NBA finals. Question is does LBJ have the horses this time round he had back then with the Heat to take similar adv. of that vulnerability.

Hell no he doesn't. Love is out and Kyrie is clearly not 100%. Heat were much much better.

James Jones was the 11th man on that roster...now 3 years older he is the 8th man on the roster in the playoff rotation getting 12 minutes a game.

Warriors having a blessed run. Got to avoid the Clippers and Spurs and get a Houston team missing 2 key players.

Only schooling going on was by Harden against the Warriors' D.

Dubs fortunate the MVP runner-up tripped on his nappy toenail during that last possession.

Warriors D won the game flat out

Their crunch time O is the reason they didn't win by DD

He leads 2-0, because his team is just so much better than the rival team.
GSW make tons of mistakes and fail to adjust.
They are amazingly lucky with their rivals and will play three banged up teams and a team that had even less experience than them on the way to the title.

What's amazing the past 2 series by the Rox, is how much heart they're showing considering they have a pair of cancers on the roster in Dwight and Josh Smith.

His adjustment after game 3 against Memphis was borderline epic

I don't think many people who watch the game thought Golden State would come out of that series after 3 games, they looked overmatched but someone who's been around great basketball minds figured something out

It's way too difficult to blow the rockets out if you're gonna play like the Warriors do with big leads. They act like the game is over when they should know no lead is safe with a team like Houston.

And that's fair, maybe they are just too immature to polish teams off in these situations, it makes plenty of sense and without a go to down low, historically it should be difficult

Interesting dynamic no doubt...but that defense creates so many points it makes it exciting

Barbosa gonna drop 25 one of these games

Thank god for this series because the other one takes a back seat to Full House reruns

so we agree em

their defense was immaculate at the turning point of the game

Immaculate would have been leaving Klay off Harden and having Iggy and Barnes or even Livingstone perform the duties.

They played fairly well but wouldn't be in do or die defense mode if they stopped turning it over.

Team getting caught up in the hype monster equaling arrogance.

Immaculate would have been leaving Klay off Harden and having Iggy and Barnes or even Livingstone perform the duties.

They played fairly well but wouldn't be in do or die defense mode if they stopped turning it over.

Team getting caught up in the hype monster equaling arrogance.

Nope two possessions changed the game and it involved turnovers and fast break points, that's what I saw anyway

Everything else was a reaction

Arrogance kept the other squad in the game (and a great player who could take advantage of it)

Dubs 1st in points-off-turnovers, Rox are 4th. Dubs got away with playing a little reckless in the first 2 series given the Pels and Grizz suck at turning TO's into points, can't afford to do that in this series especially on the road.

Pissed with myself I ignored the Dubs high propensity for turning the rock over in my pre-series approach. Probably bought into the hype a little too much myself.

They will still be in the Finals but dangerous to back from an ATS perspective.

Got to learn going forward.

Hell no he doesn't. Love is out and Kyrie is clearly not 100%. Heat were much much better.

James Jones was the 11th man on that roster...now 3 years older he is the 8th man on the roster in the playoff rotation getting 12 minutes a game.

Warriors having a blessed run. Got to avoid the Clippers and Spurs and get a Houston team missing 2 key players.

blessed = easy. Easy doesn't prepare a team for the NBA finals. Even the Thunder had to beat the Spurs to make the finals that year. So while I'm well aware this Cavs team isn't the equal of that Heat team, neither does this GS team look to be the equal of that Thunder team (which still had Harden at the time): if they were, they'd not have lost a home game (let alone consecutive games) to Mempiss, or let the Rockets get close last night after going up 17.

They're showing enough flaws for me to believe the Cavs are offering the only odds worth backing for the title currently.

Well, this is the total playoff respect change of venue line with also the must-win game...

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets - Western Conference Final - Game 3</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 5/23[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]509 Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -1 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -120 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> o216½ -110 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]9:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]510 Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +100 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> u216½ -110 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I had 3.5 in my head with how they have lined Warriors these playoffs...

the ole adage is regular season 6-6.5....playoffs 7.5-8.5...

Total could've dropped another pt or 2 considering G2 went under the line by 23 pts (+ the fact GS has paid out on Over now only twice in 12 playoff games). Cements my expectation that Houston will be the higher scoring venue in this series. I expect the Warriors run of 11 straight 2nd half Unders to meet its demise before this series returns to Oakland.

Cleveland is +240 to win it all. That's not a bad price if you think they'll get by Atlanta. If it's Clev vs GS no way they're going to be that big a dog to GS the way the Warriors are playing. Plus you got the king.

Rockets lose to many possessions from the two boneheads(Smith n Howard)
Example- harden scores cuts.game to 5, Smith gets def reb and harden is walking next to him waiting for he ball but Smith decides to force a pass upcourt that gst picks off.

Rockets 1q ML -110 big play for me. Cannot get a better situation for this play after the way game 2 ended. The Warriors will start sluggish

Looks like the league wants both the Warriors and cavs to have a week of rest before the finals instead of extending series!

Back