The Best of the West (WCF's) Discussion Thread...

agree with you here em. klay did a vanishing act in the 2h.

1-7 FG's, 2 turnovers and got called for 2 key shooting fouls in the 2nd half.

Gonna be interesting to watch this guy going forward, don't think he can guard Harden and execute offensively at the same time. Seemed it was too much for him to take in tonight.

Game 2...

[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - THU 5/21[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 5/21[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+10 -102[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 220 -105[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-10 -108[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 220 -105[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I don't think any player gets the blame for a win. GSW couldn't care less about covering this one.
I'm annoyed that I had Rockets Under 105 and took GSW -5.5 live and both lost by a nose...
But nothing can be done about it.
I do think that GSW should roll in Game 2.

I heard some say that Rockets didn't play well in Game 1, but I think they gave almost their best shot and lost.
Harden after few poor drives to the basket, started punishing in mid range shots, Ariza was amazing, Smith was solid and so was Terry. Capela and Prigioni gave very good game and Brewer was decent and yet they lost and could have easily lost by double digits if not for their 9 - 0 run late in the 4th quarter.

GSW had poor three point percentage (worst than the Rockets), Bogut was MIA, Clay was terrible and still they won.
Barnes, Ezeli and Livingston were amazing. Green was solid, but had a few bad plays on defense.

Golden State will win Game 2 and I will be on them ATS as well probably.

Warriors have had 1 2nd half total more than 104 pts these playoffs vs. 7 1st halves.

Warriors 3rd periods have been drought zones for scoring: avg. of 40.8 pts on the road, 43.5 pts at home.

Stats that underpin their having paid out on 10 2nd half Unders in 11 games.

Warriors have had 1 2nd half total more than 104 pts these playoffs vs. 7 1st halves.

Warriors 3rd periods have been drought zones for scoring: avg. of 40.8 pts on the road, 43.5 pts at home.

Stats that underpin their having paid out on 10 2nd half Unders in 11 games.
Yes they have. And I have benefited great on all these unders. I have played almost everyone of them. I saw a lot of 111pts for 1h and 2h totals

Yeah, surprising a bit. He also gets murdered by Harden on defense. Can't do anything against him...

21-6 run from the 7:12 mark of the 2nd quarter.

Have to kick a team when they're down in the playoffs. That and turnovers are why the 'ship probably ends up in Tip's hood.

I'm big on Cleveland, mostly due to David Blatt, best coach left in the playoffs, but even with him and LeBron, I can't see Cleveland winning 4 games in best out of 7 games series...

I don't know what happened either. Not sure if it's the rockets who did something or the Warriors just stopped executing their offense. The rockets don't give up.

Dubs becoming an arrogant team. Think they can piss around then turn it on whenever.

Rockets will fight hard not to relinquish this lead now. Vegas making us pay for laying a big number this late into the postseason.

I'm big on Cleveland, mostly due to David Blatt, best coach left in the playoffs, but even with him and LeBron, I can't see Cleveland winning 4 games in best out of 7 games series...
C'mon now divol... When Lebron pretty much tells him to eff off and that no one other than him is taking the final shot against the Bulls, I don't really think you can says he's the "best" coach left.

Iggy dribbles the ball for 20 seconds and passes to Ezeli with his back to the basket against Dwight to get a basket... Something is wrong with the Warriors...

Nothing is wrong. That's the way they play. When it works it looks awesome. When it doesn't it looks like awful basketball

Divol's from Israel, Blatt played in Israel. You get it now.

What that got to do with it?
He outcoached Stevens? Yes. Outcoached Tibs? Yes. Destroyed the coach of the Year, coach Bud in Game 1? Yes.
Even LeBron, had to give him credit after Game 1, despite hating Blatt...

Best coach left standing without a question even... Who is better? McHale?

Hahaha out coached Stevens? Are you joking? If it wasn't for lebrons decision to play the celtics, Blatt would've started his stars in the last two games of the season and gotten the nets in the first round. Lebron runs the show

Hahaha out coached Stevens? Are you joking? If it wasn't for lebrons decision to play the celtics, Blatt would've started his stars in the last two games of the season and gotten the nets in the first round. Lebron runs the show

What that got to do with the playoffs? He destroyed Pizza guy, he (and LeBron) brought Love back to life (before Olynyk killed him off again), he made so many great adjustments that helped Cleveland to not only sweep the Celtics, but do it without any problem what so ever.

Against Chicago, after Game 1 loss, he stopped Rose and Gasol P&R completely, he gambled correctly on Noah, he played great line ups in each of the second halves, with defensive unit that simply destroyed Chicago's offense.

In Game 1, he used Mozgov perfectly, helping Cleveland destroy Atlanta on the glass, while hiding the problems with two bigs playing.
He put Bron on Muscala to give him rest on the court, he managed to find a scheme that cooled down Teague, he managed to close down Korver.

Cleveland met all the keys to the win that I set for them before Game 1 and you can't not credit the coach for that.

Vegas almost mocking Dubs backers with these spreads either way. Would never lay such a number this late the past 15 years but you have to add 5 points to the spread for this team. Sucks.

Back