The Best of the West (WCF's) Discussion Thread...

What nobody is talking about is the Warriors defense. They had one of the better defenses in the league this year. Only Chicago and Cleveland held teams to less points but they play in the east so that's skewed a little IMO. And their point differential was +10.1 this year. Teams that usually have double digit differentials usually go on to win championships. This team is special. Win or lose, they're getting that valuable playoff experience teams need to have in order to win it all. Hopefully they can do it this year.

:shake:

I HATE playing futures but this is almost to the point where I will have to take the rockets for the series because I can actually see them winning if they play to their potential. I like their depth more than I like the Warriors.

I think that as long as any of the Warriors starters doesn't get hurt, there is zero chance Rockets can win the series.

Rockets have problems both on offense and on defense.

I HATE playing futures but this is almost to the point where I will have to take the rockets for the series because I can actually see them winning if they play to their potential. I like their depth more than I like the Warriors.

Can't wait to see Jason Terry guard Stephen Curry (MVP of the NBA), and Harden guard Klay Thompson.

Draymond Green > Josh Smith in every aspect of the game.

Houston has no idea what they have got themselves into...after this series is done vs. GS they will have wished they lost game 6 to the Clippers.

Rockets had success over the past couple of years vs. GSW but that was with Beverly. Without him this will be difficult.

Some of you here in this thread really need to actually watch a game. Someone said the Rockets play as much isolation ball only second to the Hawks? I would say the Hawks play the opposite of isolation ball.

And, the Clippers certainly collapsed but they were not the better team. You don't get drubbed in 9 of the last 12 quarters of a series like that. Chris Paul's style of play requires him to be magical (Spurs - Game 7) for his teams to win. No matter how much talent he has around him. Harden is a better player than him and we just forgot that. They also had superior role players. If they played the series again right now it could very well be a sweep.

GSW's defense should be the key and they should win the series in 5.

Can't wait to see Jason Terry guard Stephen Curry (MVP of the NBA), and Harden guard Klay Thompson.

Draymond Green > Josh Smith in every aspect of the game.

Houston has no idea what they have got themselves into...after this series is done vs. GS they will have wished they lost game 6 to the Clippers.

Why do you think Terry will be solely responsible for Curry?

Ariza will be on klay and he will do as good of a job as possible IMO.

The rockets will spread the floor like nothing the Warriors have seen so far this post season. That's a fact. Then you have size advantage for the rockets because the Warriors bigs suck ass.

I like the rockets bench better than the Warriors... Iggy and Brewer cross each other out but the rest of the bench guys I think the advantage goes to Houston

The veteran/experience edge clearly goes to Houston with guys like Terry, Pringles who will show up big in the home games.

coaching edge goes to Houston imo

I'm not saying it'll be easy but if you're going to analyze the matchup take off the ESPN goggles

if only the rockets could shoot FTs....

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes gotta make Harden exert some energy on the defensive side of the ball. And can't wait to see Terry guard Curry. My guess is they'll pull him real fast. I actually like the way Corey Brewer plays and I bet they'll play Harden at the point forward a lot running the offense.

Harden will have a much easier time getting to the basket than he did with the clogged up lane vs LAC so he will be able to do his thing and get to the line. That was mostly non existent vs the clippers

Yup especially the rockets... and especially if they loses games 1 & 2

the series price was at +650 this morning but its back down to +575... books think the warriors win for sure

Rox with the highest number of FT attempts these playoffs but the lowest FT percentage.

I laugh at those who think Houston will be able to defend Golden State....

GSW doesn't have guys you can "hide-a-player" on defense with.....they dont have Matt Barnes going 0/30 from 3.

Can't wait to watch Houston chasing the ball around and then in-bounding it as the mesh splashes and the crowd goes fucking crazy.

Good luck Houston backers! If you want to just paypal me your bets I can provide you with an e-mail address and send them back to you after they lose, that way only your ego will be hurt and not your bankroll.

Key to this series for the Rox is Josh Smith, if he can sustain his current level of play they have a shot.

the warriors are living on the 3 ball right now....houston is playing much better team basketball

:rofl:

houston is doing absolutely whatever they want on offense

It's one game NBA, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You got a little over-excited in the Grizz series as well.

Game 7 mojo carry-over. Hats off to the Rox.

It's one game NBA, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You got a little over-excited in the Grizz series as well.

Game 7 mojo carry-over. Hats off to the Rox.

im not getting ahead of myself... just saying the warriors came out super flat... a lot has to do with the 6 pm start like i said earlier

I get it with a noon start but how can they not be ready for a 6:00 start when they tip at 7:30 all year long and occasionally earlier on the weekends

It's like saying a CFB team who usually plays in primetime just wasn't ready for that 3:30 start...I don't buy it.

If it's a nooner and it's 7 hours earlier than normal then sure

real small lineup for the warriors. dwight has an advantage on offensive end if he can exploit it, then dwight will have to come out on the perimeter on the defensive end.

I get it with a noon start but how can they not be ready for a 6:00 start when they tip at 7:30 all year long and occasionally earlier on the weekends

It's like saying a CFB team who usually plays in primetime just wasn't ready for that 3:30 start...I don't buy it.

If it's a nooner and it's 7 hours earlier than normal then sure

routines are very tough to break... just the way athletes are... and the crowd filed in late too

Josh Smith playing consistent basketball for 4 straight games is straight out of the Twilight Zone, smh...

Back