The 142nd Kentucky Derby - May 7, 2016

Gonna sneak in a small pick 5 play, try to get alive to Exaggerator in the last

2,8,9,10 / 1,3,4,8 / 11 / 8,10,11 / 11

Everybody keep your plays coming! Love it! What a great day for racing.
Thanks to all posting

Barstool Sports@barstoolsports <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 13m13 minutes ago</small>
An Olympic Legend and Lindsey Vonn #KentuckyDerby

Ch39jBAU4AAPcNd.jpg

That was the one race that I thought could break any way (too fast, normal or easy lead) and another stalker took down the early pace, with a BC champion closer left with 4th place.

Not much confidence with this next race. 1 is the class and is going back to what he does best. 8 could get loose, 4 and 13 figure to be close. Probably should've used both of Chad's late runners (3 and 9) but I'm not sure there's enough pace for them. 11 is dangerous too. 5 and 12 unlikely but wouldn't surprise. Tough race.

Man, guys I am hooked! Even though I lost out with the 4 in R9 it was exciting as hell over the final stretch. Have my card printed out for the 12th and can't wait! Thanks to all you guys for getting me onboard with the horses!

Tom's Ready

WHY HE CAN WIN - Dallas Stewart has developed a reputation for developing long shot horses for Triple Crown races, with 2nd place finishes at big prices in the 2013 and 2014 Derbys and 2015 Preakness. Tom's Ready has nine starts, the most of any horse in the field, and is peaking now, running by far his best race in the La Derby at 30 to 1. His speed figure of 99 is similar to what Commanding Curve did in his Derby prep. He's got a win and a 2nd at Churchill.

WHY HE CAN LOSE - His sheet numbers are bad, his top number of 5.2 ties him for last with Mo Tom and Majesto. The Strike system says he's not a primary contender. His stretch work has been poor (unlike Commanding Curve, who was a strong closer). He's still eligible for non-winner of 2 races after 9 starts. His one 2 turn race at Churchill was ugly, although it could be excused by the sloppy track.

PROSPECTS - After Golden Soul's upset place run in 2013 I was lucky enough to use Commanding Curve in the tri in 2014. I don't see Tom's Ready having the same ability. Those two were both solid finishers, Tom's Ready has not been, and we're going to cover five who are next. Toss.

:prayer

I asked my kids whats their favorite number, both of course repeated one another, #12 it is for me for $300 to win $12,200.

Thanks for your write-ups and GL :cheers3:

Last edited:
The buzz is the 11 is the best 3YO in Baffert's barn. Word is out, he's been knocked down to 6/5.

The way the track is playing the 5 and 6 will be on lead and tire. What makes this race tricky is that with the exception of the 10 and 11 all other horses are cutting back from two turn triple crown preps to this one turn mile. This race hits them both square in the eyes. The 2 and 12 look interesting as well.

Back