Super Bowl discussion

Heres a tip for anyone who likes DEN in the SB: parlay the ML with Nadal tonight at -103. Takes away the chance of losing w a 1-2 pt Den win

isnt it the same thing if you just take nadal to win tonight and then roll it over on the broncos? This way you dont have to lock it early

there really is no benefit to parlay the two MLs.... other than the psychological effect

I know i try to get too creative but why not do

Seahawks ml/nadal parlay

And

Broncs/Nadal/Louisiana Tech ML (ncaa today)/ Virginia ML ( ncaa today)/ Boise St ML (ncaa)

That should make it like +120ish

Congrats youre freerolling the Super Bowl lol

Just in time, it appears the frigid cold from earlier in the week will relent and retreat. Instead of daily highs in the teens and 20s, it appears 30s and perhaps low 40s will be in play for the big weekend, closer to average for early February.

Published: Jan 25, 2014, 11:24 AM EST weather.com

I really dislike weather.com. And the wind is much more important than the temps. Wind is by far the most important factor for Peyton and his floaters

Vegas would be stupid to make it 3. They'll get killed with teasers. :)

:thinking:

Unless you're just joking, or talking about 2 team 7 point teasers, this makes no sense. I know you can certainly do anything online with teasers, but isn't Vegas mostly just 6 pt teasers for 2 teamers? If the line is 2 or 3, there's really no difference with a 6 pt teaser.

if you bet teasers, books are already winning

btw... ticket prices on stubhub have plummeted from last week

Just for fun -

If Denver wins, a certain symmetry between the Eli's & Peyton's playoff careers will be completed.

- Eli Manning has won 2 SB rings. Peyton has won 'only' 1.

- 1 of Eli's rings came in big brother's then current home field (Peyton may have been injured in 2011, but he was still a Colt), and 1 didn't. Peyton has won a SB ring in a stadium that wasn't his little bro's then home field, but not one in a stadium that was.

- 1 of Eli's rings was won in a season (07-08) when big bro's team also made the playoffs, and 1 was won in a season (11-12) when big bro's team didn't. Peyton has won a SB ring in a season when little bro's team also made the playoffs (06-07), but not one in which it didn't.

- 1 of Eli's rings was won during the 2000s, and 1 was won during the 2010s. Peyton won a ring during the 2000s, but hasn't won one during the 2010s.

If Denver beats Seattle then Peyton levels the playing field re Eli's 4 feats.

Also, the Manning brothers together...

- have never lost a Super Bowl against a team whose home stadium is located above longitude 40°North, and have never won a Super Bowl against a team whose home stadium is located below longitude 40°North.

- haven't lost a Super Bowl to an opponent their father never formerly played for, and haven't won a Super Bowl against an opponent their father did formerly play for.

:thinking:

Unless you're just joking, or talking about 2 team 7 point teasers, this makes no sense. I know you can certainly do anything online with teasers, but isn't Vegas mostly just 6 pt teasers for 2 teamers? If the line is 2 or 3, there's really no difference with a 6 pt teaser.

In football, 6/6.5/7 pt teasers are the widely available teasers in Vegas. Depending on where you go, but, I think 2 team/7 pts usually go -130.

Hold my diiiick!! (speaking of Darren Sharper, lol)

#skittles

Skittles-Seahawks.368.png

:shake:

Only four quarterbacks — Tom Brady (2007), Rich Gannon (2002), Kurt Warner (2001) and Dan Marino (1984) — have played in a Super Bowl in the season in which they won the passing yards title, with none of the four winning the game. QB hex on Peyton ?

[TABLE="class: tableOdds, width: 1114"]
<tbody id="oddsBody">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"] 2/02

6:30 PM

101 Seattle Seahawks
102 Denver Broncos
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 27%
73%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 44%
56%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 40%
60%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

if you bet teasers, books are already winning

btw... ticket prices on stubhub have plummeted from last week

2 team teasers are actually pretty good bets, they are not nearly as one sided as you're making them out to be. They aren't "sucker bets" and those who subscribe to that theory have no clue what they're talking about.

most average joes don't play wong teasers... that's really the only type that I understand could be beneficial

different strokes for different fokes

Only four quarterbacks — Tom Brady (2007), Rich Gannon (2002), Kurt Warner (2001) and Dan Marino (1984) — have played in a Super Bowl in the season in which they won the passing yards title, with none of the four winning the game. QB hex on Peyton ?

I like this. I think it's easier to play defense when you're nervous.

Not sure if posted in here...but the 7 times that a team has led the league in scoring and made the Super Bowl they are 0-7 SU

Not sure if posted in here...but the 7 times that a team has led the league in scoring and made the Super Bowl they are 0-7 SU

Wow, good stuff. Each day in this two-week interim, I go out in the real world of non-gamblers and sports talk, and start thinking Denver. Then I go to CTG and get slapped back to sobriety. (I still might bet Denver.)

I feel very strongly Seattle wins this. I've been holding out for +3, but still am seeing +2 1/2.

Seattle's D and running game are the biggest reasons I believe it's gonna be Seattle.

I can't believe I'm gonna put money on Pete Carroll to win a Super Bowl, but it isn't like John Fox has distinguished himself.

And feel free to tell me I'm a moron for thinking this, but Peyton has one more opportunity to choke this year, and this is it. He's been a contender most years he's been in the league, but only has one ring, and that was against Rex Grossman's Bears.

most average joes don't play wong teasers... that's really the only type that I understand could be beneficial

different strokes for different fokes

Wong teasers are beneficial, yes...but 6 point teasers are not sucker bets. That's something you heard someone say one time, thought it sounded cool, bought it and started saying it yourself. Do your own research on the topic...6 point teasers are not sucker bets, and can be very lucrative if you know what you're doing.

I get the different strokes for different folks, and if you don't bet 6 point teasers, that's fine. But you can't call them sucker bets when they are anything but sucker bets.

I had a pretty decent season with teasers in NFL, CFL, and CFB, as seen in my posts....I don't give an Aerial Fornication what anyone calls 'em, they've worked for me....\m/

College not as much....NFL 6/7 pt teasers are solid as hell.

Someone run the numbers of how many sides in the playoffs alone that covered with a 6 pt tease.....

Peyton [....] only has one ring, and that was against Rex Grossman's Bears.

Before he beat the Bears, he beat Brady from 3-21 down, & before that managed a road win dogged against the 13-3 Ravens (whose #1 ranked D was so good they didn't surrender a TD in that game), & the game before that I still recall the talk about the value the Chiefs offered against choker-Manning. That season was clearly a win-the-AFC-win-the-SB kind of deal (the 2nd best NFC team record after Chicago's was 10-6). The hard work for Peyton & the Colts was done before the SB proper. IMO only a Manning hater can sell short his feat of winning the SB.

And I say all that believing this coming game is Seattle's defense to lose.

BC, Colts defense was inexplicably stout during the playoffs that season and thus the championship. It happens, and Denver could somehow pull it off this year because that D had been shit all year, but Bob Sanders was the MVP of that Colts playoff run

+2.5 +120 at my spot....better then ml...I'm confused ha

What's the money line? Are you saying the ML is lower than +120, or just saying that getting 2.5 points at plus money is a great option?

College not as much....NFL 6/7 pt teasers are solid as hell.

Someone run the numbers of how many sides in the playoffs alone that covered with a 6 pt tease.....

Six-point teaser in the playoffs this season 17-3-0 (85%)

It's probably not as lucrative in college, you're right about that aplous. It's just a myth that 2 team teasers are sucker bets, but for some reason it's a myth that a lot of people still believe.

It's still frustrating as shit to see a dude bet a 3 up to a 9 though.

How come? You get the win on that teaser leg with a 3 or 7 point loss.

It's more frustrating seeing dudes cross the zero with a 6 point teaser....that's a recipe for disaster.

when the nfl lines get tight, it just means the teaser lines are loose. I find it strange that loose lines would be considered sucker bets

How come? You get the win on that teaser leg with a 3 or 7 point loss.

It's more frustrating seeing dudes cross the zero with a 6 point teaser....that's a recipe for disaster.

NFL games land on 9 less than 1% of the time. It is the most worthless number to have in the NFL.

NFL games land on 9 less than 1% of the time. It is the most worthless number to have in the NFL.

Teasing 3 to 9 takes much more into account than landing on 9.

3 to 9 is not a bad tease in many, many instances. You aren't hoping for a push and cover 4, 6 and 7 in the process.

Right, but that's completely meaningless in this scenario as you get 3, 4, 6, and 7 as winners. The 9 isn't meaningful at all in that teaser bet, and teasing the game up to 9 isn't done because you think it will be a 9 point game....I'm not sure I understand your logic here at all.

If you add up the percentage of times games end on 3, 4, 6, and 7 you get close to 33%.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st, let's get the jealously outta the way before;

2nd, don't get wasted and forget the game

Never been to the big game but been to game 7 of the World Series and can say just take it all in. I've known guys that have gone to SBs for promo purposes but not to follow a team, just enjoy it win or lose, never know when or if you get to do it again

Back