Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 30 Sun 2023

Last edited:
Pirates are awfully cheap. I don’t think Oviedo gomna have a lot of trouble w nats. Until this year gray has had some ugly splits vs lefties which what we want to back pirates. He actually been much better vs them vs righties this year and he has changed his pitch mix so there could be something to it. I dunno, maybe not wise to jump on pirates too fast although that only side I would play.

I love steele have to look and see if fish still fanning a lot vs lhp. Either his k’s or cubs ml.

Bradish should have a nice bounce back start here. I like him, mighg look at his k’s and o’s but I see more rain in forecast, wtf?

Rain should be exiting Detroit area right before first pitch.

50-53 with a west wind around 10

Originally, looked like rain more through the day, so nice to see they'll get this series done.

Rain should be exiting Detroit area right before first pitch.

50-53 with a west wind around 10

Originally, looked like rain more through the day, so nice to see they'll get this series done.

Sweet. Too much rain all over the place this weekend.

It looks like rain gonna continue to be a potential problem in NY, bos, dc, the hour by hour in Chicago isn’t real promising but I don’t see much on radar there, maybe it be light enough they play? Just be careful w things like pitcher props today, last thing you want is a pitcher to be cruising along thinking you gonna cash just for rain to hit, there be hour+ delay and your pitcher out the game!! That sucks cause I really wanted to play Rasmussen ov 5.5 at plus money, I just dunno bout the forecast, kinda thinking I should just leave alone.

Damn, this scrubbies game starts early and honestly I dunno I can play cubs since the line has shot up more than 30 cents! I freaking hate that, losing the value plus I just don’t think these have a great track record! I was thinking cubs Ff -.5 with what I assume a monster starting pitcher edge, I love steele and don’t even know who the kid is pitching for fish! Anyways I don’t really have time to get that game in, I could run over and play it but I rather get rest my card figured out before going over so I’m not crossing the river 2-3 times if I don’t have to, especially not to play a game I lost 30 cents in line value! Guess we just skip this one.

I was interested in Bradish k’s cause I’m a fan, I think he gonna have a breakout year even tho is hasn’t started real well. The concern for him is he doesn’t throw a 4 seamer and instead goes cutter/sinker which not as good for getting swings and misses. His swinging strike been right around 10% both seasons, not what you want for a 5.5 guy but at 4.5 k’s not bad, the prinlem is over 4.5 k’s today is freaking -190! I think the value with him is In the over 15.5 outs! Long as the rain has passed I love his chances of slicing his way thru this tigers lineup for 6 strong innings, only needing 5.1 to cash feels like a really strong play!

I was hoping to get a out prop on Bassitt as well as i don’t love his k’s but expect he will be able to breeze thru the struggling seattle lineup. With both guys the k’s might come but imo they will have to get the innings to get the k’s. Unfortunately they came strong with Bassett at 18.5 outs, it’s rare im willing to play a pitcher to go past the 6th inning, it happens but 6innings is pretty much the standard these days. after Bassett horrid 1st start he has went 6 innings in his last 4, his last 2 he was allowed to go out for the 7th but was pulled after one out. That the 6.1 we need for over 18.5 outs and being plus money on this over makes him tempting, just more value on Bradish imo.

Good thoughts Bank! I decided on Cubs -1, and parlay Cubs -0.5 1st 5 and Twins ML. GL

I just don’t have rest my card ready yet and don’t wanna have to run across river to play cubs then still need to finish rest my card but I def think cubs the right play. Gl to you as well

I’ll be on pads again. As I was saying before yesterday game this Mexico trip might be just what this offense needed, what I noticed other than the obvious that the ball freaking flying the pitchers pitches were not moving much as all! Cobb strike outs only 3.5 which crazy low but what if his split change ain’t falling off the table? It will get rocked! I think Darvish has a lot better chance of succeeding as he can pitch so many different ways with so many different pitches! I’d expect him to use a whole bunch of fastballs today and he prob will be able to find another pitch that works! Far as lineup goes you gotta love the pads if they hitting! That game had a bit the WBC feel to it! Think it had the players all jacked up and nobody wants to face this lineup when they loose and locked in! Not to mention with the ball flying! Looked like they were having fun! Pretty sure pads only had one inning they didn’t score!!! Giants had the monster 6 run inning but they were blanked in 5-6 innings while pads were just scoring relentlessly, giants take lead and pads just hammer one pitcher after another!! I was a bit worried the -1.5 was gonna get me but they just continued to put runs up till the beat giants into submission! I think they do it again today as Yu will be able to post some scoreless innings as the pads put up runs inning after inning!!

I don’t really see the rain on the radar in Chicago! The hour by hour still calling for it most the afternoon but where is it? Lol

I think the rain gonna be stopping in dc. Gray has struggled with lefties in his career but he has changed his pitch mix this season and it appears to have worked on lefties as he now sporting some pretty sizable reverse splits. It’s early but I do think the change in pitches makes sense that it would help him get hitters from the left side out. The only issue is this year he been pretty awful in his day starts, that could just be coincidence seeing how early it is and for his career his daytime era is damn near 2 runs better!! Think I like the 1st 5 under 4.5 here as gray/Oviedo cloud be a sneaky good pitching matchup.

Shocking to me the minor league squad known as the A’s have hit lhp much better than a lot of teams, I don’t think Lodolo your average garden variety lefty tho, and I think Wadichuck is a bonafide gas can!! Guy slider often spins up there without a lot of bite and looks like it on a tee for major league hitters, we could argue how many legit big league hitters the reds actually have but between this guy starting and the god awful pen with a 7 era I just think we have to keep fading the 4 win A’s anytime we get a reasonable price to do so! Cardinals need a trip to Oakland, maybe that would wake the bats up! (Although I think thor today should wake cards up!!). Gotta play reds

Both cards and dodgers stacking lineups with lefties today which should lead to a lot of runs cause neither these pitchers have the stuff to deal with them. I gotta think the best case for either starter is something like 5 innings 3 runs, and I say best case! We have that many runs thru 5 one of these pens if not both shouod give up the rest. After cards lineup has struggled to do anything the last 2 days it bout time they break out as that seems to be their MO. I’m torn between Ff ov 5.5 and game over 10? Not sure which is better? I like both! I think dodgers stadium typically plays more hitter friendly in the day, Thor doesn’t possess the wipe out slider or any breaking pitches that tend to make cards look stupid! I also like cards Ff tt ov 2.5 at plus money and their game total ov 4.5. I don’t like woodford either but I do actually trust cards hit thor more than anything else in this game!

I have destroyed clevinger every chance I get, he been trash ever since leaving Cleveland. His “good” starts he only goes 5 innings cause the pitch count super high as he goes deep into counts and puts guys all over the bases. I said jays would light him up and think it be foolish not to expect rays to do same! Then you got 4+ innings cws pen who stuff wise you would think they be solid but much like Cease they just don’t know how to pitch! Bunch of wasted talent all over this roster! Rays are obviously the only side worth considering here

Pads Ff -.5
Pads -1.5
Reds ml
Rays -1.5

Rays/reds/pads ml RR in 2’s.

Cards Ff tt ov 2.5
Cards tt ov 4.5

Rasmussen ov 5.5 k’s
Bradish outs ov 15.5.

Hate no dogs on card again but the series this weekend just didn’t present many appealing dogs to me, I don’t like it but not gonna force it. I think this actually something I have done in recent years that has made me better as I’m more willing to play favs when I think the price is right to do so (gotta give @Wiretowire a bit of credit for that as I’ve seen him do well with juice where as I never known many others that actually win laying juice in baseball! Thanks buddy! I love stealing things from others I respect and putting in my arsenal! Lol. The props have gotten me more willing to lay juice as well, I know I hit the k props at a high enough clip to justify some juice on those!!!). Rasmussen k’s is plus money as is cards Ff tt over so I guess those kinda dogs! Lol

I was very close to playing Bassit over k’s just cause seattle lineup is struggling so much right now. Oh well.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that. Thought I was, didn’t like the 18.5, it rare im willing to play a guy needing 6.1 or more. Certainly not Bassitt.

Well Rasmussen was a terrible bet. Shoulda just listened to myself and left it alone, maybe the weather bothering him? Beats me, no k’s doesn’t make much sense while rays are for second straight day striking out a lot! They making clevinger look
Good

Ya, I played his outs over in a parlay but was just a small play.

18.5 is just tough. I reserve that for the best. Lot of teams not gonna send guys back out for 7th even if they pitching well and pitch count reasonable

Back