Summer Transfer News and Rumors

Juve about to get Draxler too for 25m

thats a steal, he's going to be better than any German outside maybe Reus and Neuer in a year or two

interesting...well I know Evans would be starting for WBA but he wouldn't for Villa, think Sherwood just wanted more experience and backup rather than pay more for someone to be bench player.

Swansea could make Machu sit on the bench all year

Man U have turned down a bid for Javier Hernandez from Tottenham, he is likely on his way to Bayer Leverkusen

Arsenal plans to bid on Riyad Mahrez

Tottenham have shown some interest in Axel Witsel

Real Madrid feel they will get DdG

Why the fuck do they want DeGea? Did you watch Navas yesterday? Did they?

Transfers after four or five fixtures is a fucking joke. Another FIFA travesty, and if it's not FIFA, then these people should be strung up, what a joke

Transfers after four or five fixtures is a fucking joke. Another FIFA travesty, and if it's not FIFA, then these people should be strung up, what a joke

Because he is better than Navas, simple as that.

he also will sell a ton more jersey's and is the Spain #1...not that difficult to put two and two together considering it's Real Madrid.

not to mention that 35 million or whatever its going to be is couch cushion money for Real

think its pretty clearly Courtois/DDG/Neuer 1 through 3

Neuer gets a lot of hype because of being a sweeper but in terms of shot stopping and play in the box id take the other 2

after that Cech/Lloris/Gigi and maybe Sirigu

think its pretty clearly Courtois/DDG/Neuer 1 through 3

Neuer gets a lot of hype because of being a sweeper but in terms of shot stopping and play in the box id take the other 2

after that Cech/Lloris/Gigi and maybe Sirigu

Sirigu should not be mentioned as a top 10 GK in the world. I don't think he is even the top keeper in France. Ruffier and Mandanda

I don't think he is bad, I just don't think he is one the best. Say what you will about David Luiz or whatever, but he certainly benefits from that backline and the team overall being so dominant in Ligue 1. I would be curious to see how he would perform in more competitive leagues.

I don't think he is bad, I just don't think he is one the best. Say what you will about David Luiz or whatever, but he certainly benefits from that backline and the team overall being so dominant in Ligue 1. I would be curious to see how he would perform in more competitive leagues.

i've always thought that element of debate is rather shit.

Schmeichel had a hell of a fucking back line.
Buffon has ALWAYS had a wall of a back line.
Oliver Kahn, Van der Saar

List goes on, a great goal keeper commands his back line very well so Sirigu should get a mention considering he has to deal with hot heads like Luiz and Silva.

I'd rate Enyeama way ahead of Mandanda.

<button type="button" class="user-dropdown dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-link js-tooltip btn plain-btn" title="More user actions" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 127); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid transparent; padding: 4px 0px 0px 5px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; height: 35px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">User Actions</button>
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"> Follow</button>

Andrew HaighVerified account@AndrewHaigh
So Tottenham bid €10m for Martial at the start of the summer and Monaco asked for €20m. Spurs declined. Man Utd have bid €50m. Madness.

Couple other smaller moves
Jellavic to West Ham, who also may be getting Moses and Song
Borini to Sunderland for 10M pounds....seems a bit excessive to me

And Son to Spurs not yet official. That is an interesting saga.

one of the commentators on United match yesterday said there is no possible way DeGea is at United after the deadline, he is definitely going to Real Madrid. Not at all sure how he is so confident about that, but he seemed certain.

Evidently the deadline is today for all of Europe except England as it is a bank holiday. That may make some transfers quite unsetteled

i find it ridiculous for teams to jump all over a player who had one good season as oppose to players who've shown consistency throughout.

wtf....
@DiMarzio says it's €60m for Martial.

I have a feeling a team sets a price on a guy and if United want him, the price automatically fucking doubles (or triples) cause they know United owners are fucking putas

United overspend on everyone it seems. Zaha seems another prime example
Even guys they get at 'good' value, Herrera, Depay, Darmian, they paid at least 25-50% more than any other club could have got the same player for.

I'll be honest, if United can exchanged DeGea for Navas as 25-30M Euros and then get MArtial for 35-40M Euros, I'd consider that a deadline day win.

Looks like they sold Chicharito for about 8-10M, so they net about 0 outlay.

I am kinda surprised they loaned out Januzaj. They really don't have much they can bring off the bench in the attack now. I mean, they fell behind to Swans and brought on Carrick? FFS, that's a holding defensive mid.

Ed Woodward is the worst negotiator in the world

that Januzaj deal has an option to buy in it as well, thats not smart

Don't understand the whole De Gea saga. If you are going to end up selling him, may as well have done it a month ago, and Sergio Romero wouldn't be costing you points.

Don't understand the whole De Gea saga. If you are going to end up selling him, may as well have done it a month ago, and Sergio Romero wouldn't be costing you points.
The only thing I can think of is United was pissed about Real holding out for more and more money on DiMaria and that left a sour taste in United's mouth when dealing with those Spanish cunts.
But, yeah, should have been a done deal so you can move the fuck on.

United thought the swap with Ramos actually had a chance, but Sid Lowe said they were just being led up the garden path by his people for a better deal

thats why it wasnt done earlier

i guess i don't belong in here. Everyone treats Navas like he's some 3rd division Kazhaskstani goaltender when all he did is help a bunch of scrubs make it to the quarterfinals of the World Cup. You guys don't think he's even in the top 10, so what the fuck do i know.

I can't stand ManU and certainly don't wish him to get stuck there, but languishing on the bench behind the other guy is worse for another year is worse.

i guess i don't belong in here. Everyone treats Navas like he's some 3rd division Kazhaskstani goaltender when all he did is help a bunch of scrubs make it to the quarterfinals of the World Cup. You guys don't think he's even in the top 10, so what the fuck do i know.

I can't stand ManU and certainly don't wish him to get stuck there, but languishing on the bench behind the other guy is worse for another year is worse.

no one is treating him that way, you are assuming. DDG is an upgrade from Navas, simple as that. Why wouldn't Real want someone who is top 5 keeper in the World and is the #1 for their own national team?

Juve is a pile of trash, well done keeping Pogba...dude is going to turn that team into crap. He's not a leader and he should of been sold.

to me it's real simple. They can win and win now with Navas for a year. Why pay for DeGea when his contract runs out in a year anyways?

And don't give me shit about 35M being next to nothing, that's bollocks. It's bad business plain and simple, whether it works out for them or not.

I will be rooting for Keylor regardless of where he goes, he's handled this bullshit with nothing but class. The transfer window being open after multiple fixtures have been played is fucking retarded and whoever is in charge of making these inane calls should be hung.

to me it's real simple. They can win and win now with Navas for a year. Why pay for DeGea when his contract runs out in a year anyways?

And don't give me shit about 35M being next to nothing, that's bollocks. It's bad business plain and simple, whether it works out for them or not.

I will be rooting for Keylor regardless of where he goes, he's handled this bullshit with nothing but class. The transfer window being open after multiple fixtures have been played is fucking retarded and whoever is in charge of making these inane calls should be hung.

it's obvious you have a bias to him...that's fine. But you simply fail to see how buying DDG is a marketing move. They are the richest club in the world for a reason. They buy players who can sell jersey's...eg Ronaldo and James Rodriguez.

You do realize that DDG is a Madrid local and to have him come over from Atl Madrid youth system is also another bonus. The last player to do that same move was...Raul and he became a legend. At some point Real Madrid has always had one of their players be the captain of Spain. They currently only have 2 players that are part of the National team set up, Ramos and Caravjal, seriously man how can you not see this is bragging rights.

Navas is good but is not the star that Real wants or needs.

Again it's not hard to see why Real wants DDG, and yes if you can't see that 35mil for Real is nothing then you aren't looking anywhere along the business aspects of it.

Back