Stafford And Lions and Rams oh my!

He was hurt in 2019. He missed some time this year. My point is he's getting older.. Everyone here disagrees with me in this thread but I love the trade.
Great trade short term for the Rams and great long term for the Lions.

Rams are better for next year.

Lions are getting an actual rebuild into gear

Obviously..

But, they are in better position today to do that than yesterday (obviously a full off-season still ahead).

I guess. I'm in the minority obviously.. but I don't think Goff is that big a drop off. Plus he's 7 years younger.

I guess. I'm in the minority obviously.. but I don't think Goff is that big a drop off. Plus he's 7 years younger.
That team was built for a SB last year.

QB position killed them.

They had to upgrade.

Obviously, time will tell... But as of 12:36 am on the last day of January they have improved.

I will root for him to shit the bed, better draft picks for lions.

Kelly thought she was in the worst state for covid restrictions. Welcome to California.

I will root for him to shit the bed, better draft picks for lions.

Kelly thought she was in the worst state for covid restrictions. Welcome to California.
All those are going bye bye since he's gotta worry about his career now (Newsome).

If Goff stays here, and starts... Welcome to an actual NFL town. This isn't fair weather L.A...

We eat alive goaltenders, point guards, quarterbacks and closers alive in the D.

Last edited:
I haven’t read any comments yet but after debates with friends, it’s clear I’m on an island and taking the contrarian approach here.

Trading Stafford is fine, should have drafted QB last year at 3, as I stated but why look in the past. That’s the decision you get when you have Jake and the Fat Man trying to save their jobs.

Heres why I have a problem with this trade: Jared Goff. And here’s why. You state numerous times this is a years long rebuild, it is. Then why on earth do you take on $25mill from a mediocre veteran qb who needs to be hidden with constant play action rollouts because he can’t stand in the pocket and throw? Forget that he’s mediocre then. You need that money to spend on the rest of the roster. You have no WRs signed, Quintez Cepheus is your #1 right now. You have the #7 pick in the draft, which you better be using on a QB if you think he might save the franchise, considering you passed on Herbert and Tua for the worst CB in the league last year.

All Jared Goff does is cost you a bunch of $$ that can be spent elsewhere and most importantly, perhaps gets you to 4-6 wins next year. Just good enough, to screw your draft position.

If the Lions do not, at a minimum try to trade Goff, this trade is a D. Many teams still looking for a Goff, cough Skins, Bears (you can trade Goff to division rival).

And now that Rams have Stafford the likelihood they reach the playoffs, specifically the final 4, is pretty good the next couple of years. So these are late round 1 picks, from 25 on. Oh, and it’s not for this year. Fine, all that I can love with.

As we all know, the Lions new GM is from where...the Rams. He just did his old friends a favor taking Goof off their hands at $25m. The Rams couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Rumor is he took less from Rams than he could have gotten from Skins, wouldn’t doubt it. You know who else used to trade for and sign players from the old team they worked for? The combo of Quinntricia.

At first glance, the mob says, what a steal the Lions just got. As with everything with Lions to me, we just got bent over the table by a GM and coach who is too green to realize it. Goff keeps team somewhat respectable, sells tickets, gives fan base hope. It’s what the Lions do best.

The only thing they can do for me to save face is trade Goff for picks to a dumb desperate team that will overpay. Use that Goff $$ to start the years long rebuild, draft a QB early and continue to stockpile draft capital.

Otherwise, this is all for not, like everything else this worthless organization has ever done.

TRADE GOFF

Lions got themselves a Sam Bradford minus the injuries. He's as dumb as they come. How many NFL QBs don't know the sun rises in the east? 1. His name? Jared Goof.
The Rams 1st round picks will be in the high 20's so good luck with that. Stafford + McVay = an NFL IQ capable of winning big.

Lions got themselves a Sam Bradford minus the injuries. He's as dumb as they come. How many NFL QBs don't know the sun rises in the east? 1. His name? Jared Goof.
The Rams 1st round picks will be in the high 20's so good luck with that. Stafford + McVay = an NFL IQ capable of winning big.

Doesn't matter where the picks are. They have 5 picks in next 3 years no lower than 32. Plus, on a rebuild. They need the picks.

Seriously though, what has Stafford done in Detroit? Dude had Megatron. One pro bowl. Been in some friendly offenses. This isn't Tom Brady lol.

So lions start off by hiring a terrible coach then they take Goff amd his garbage contract! Lol. Way to go lions!!

Seriously though, what has Stafford done in Detroit? Dude had Megatron. One pro bowl. Been in some friendly offenses. This isn't Tom Brady lol.

having one good wr doesn’t mean a lot. He never had any run game, never had a decent defense. We shall see. I think he will be great with rams.

I haven’t read any comments yet but after debates with friends, it’s clear I’m on an island and taking the contrarian approach here.

Trading Stafford is fine, should have drafted QB last year at 3, as I stated but why look in the past. That’s the decision you get when you have Jake and the Fat Man trying to save their jobs.

Heres why I have a problem with this trade: Jared Goff. And here’s why. You state numerous times this is a years long rebuild, it is. Then why on earth do you take on $25mill from a mediocre veteran qb who needs to be hidden with constant play action rollouts because he can’t stand in the pocket and throw? Forget that he’s mediocre then. You need that money to spend on the rest of the roster. You have no WRs signed, Quintez Cepheus is your #1 right now. You have the #7 pick in the draft, which you better be using on a QB if you think he might save the franchise, considering you passed on Herbert and Tua for the worst CB in the league last year.

All Jared Goff does is cost you a bunch of $$ that can be spent elsewhere and most importantly, perhaps gets you to 4-6 wins next year. Just good enough, to screw your draft position.

If the Lions do not, at a minimum try to trade Goff, this trade is a D. Many teams still looking for a Goff, cough Skins, Bears (you can trade Goff to division rival).

And now that Rams have Stafford the likelihood they reach the playoffs, specifically the final 4, is pretty good the next couple of years. So these are late round 1 picks, from 25 on. Oh, and it’s not for this year. Fine, all that I can love with.

As we all know, the Lions new GM is from where...the Rams. He just did his old friends a favor taking Goof off their hands at $25m. The Rams couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Rumor is he took less from Rams than he could have gotten from Skins, wouldn’t doubt it. You know who else used to trade for and sign players from the old team they worked for? The combo of Quinntricia.

At first glance, the mob says, what a steal the Lions just got. As with everything with Lions to me, we just got bent over the table by a GM and coach who is too green to realize it. Goff keeps team somewhat respectable, sells tickets, gives fan base hope. It’s what the Lions do best.

The only thing they can do for me to save face is trade Goff for picks to a dumb desperate team that will overpay. Use that Goff $$ to start the years long rebuild, draft a QB early and continue to stockpile draft capital.

Otherwise, this is all for not, like everything else this worthless organization has ever done.

TRADE GOFF

Dude. The lions owe him for 1 year. Rest is dead money. Off the hook in 22 if Goff doesn't pan out.

Where the hell rams get all these picks? Seems like they trade away multiple 1s every time I turn my head!!

Dude. The lions owe him for 1 year. Rest is dead money. Off the hook in 22 if Goff doesn't pan out.
I got it. Goff sucks, he’s not panning out for future, he’s way too expensive and should never be part of a years long rebuild not stunt the growth of a QB you better draft in the next year or two.

having one good wr doesn’t mean a lot. He never had any run game, never had a decent defense. We shall see. I think he will be great with rams.

Everyone loves Stafford. I get it. He's a likable guy. Wasn't working here and never will anywhere.

Doesn't matter where the picks are. They have 5 picks in next 3 years no lower than 32. Plus, on a rebuild. They need the picks.
I think it does matter where the picks are. These picks will be closer to 2nd rd picks than the top picks. Its not like they'll be in the top 10. Lions will eventually need to draft a competent QB because they have a lemon in Goof
Rams haven't had a 1st rd pick since they traded for Goof. They've done well from rd 2 through 6 with Snead. They were missing a QB and MLB. All pieces are in place otherwise to make a run

I think it does matter where the picks are. These picks will be closer to 2nd rd picks than the top picks. Its not like they'll be in the top 10. Lions will eventually need to draft a competent QB because they have a lemon in Goof
Rams haven't had a 1st rd pick since they traded for Goof. They've done well from rd 2 through 6 with Snead. They were missing a QB and MLB. All pieces are in place otherwise to make a run
Fuck ya it does matter. Unless you’re the Lions who take CB and TE at 3 and 8 last two years

Everyone loves Stafford. I get it. He's a likable guy. Wasn't working here and never will anywhere.

i don’t know if he likable or not, he is talented. Way more so than Goff. I have no doubt rams just got better.

It's the Lions wise. They need picks lol. Plus they are in a good position with Goff. They can keep him or trade him.

Not me. And trade has nothing to do with Stafford being gone, should’ve happened prior to this year. At least his successor should be getting ready for year two

That's such a blanket statement.

I get you don't like him but I feel like you have blinders on(like the opposite of a homer).

Goff is not good.

It's the Lions wise. They need picks lol. Plus they are in a good position with Goff. They can keep him or trade him.

how many other teams desperate or arrogant enough to think they can make him work? Mcvey better than most coaches and he couldn’t. I can’t see anyone trading a 1 for Goff

Rams got 3 years then staff will be 37. Let's see how it plays out.
Most likely they don't win a ship.

KC dynasty gonna be an issue for everyone.

Stafford on this years Rams team has a better chance of going into GB and winning that this Rams team did with Goff.

Most likely they don't win a ship.

KC dynasty gonna be an issue for everyone.

Stafford on this years Rams team has a better chance of going into GB and winning that this Rams team did with Goff.

I would agree, at least for this year... Stafford was injured too though.

With all this being said.

For the 2nd season of his career, Staff has a defense and what should be a solid running game.

They need to be a contender for NFC Champ game for this to be a success.

It'll will be interesting.

I think they'll do well.

Price is way too low now. You needed 25 or more to bet them IMO.

Back