Teams Eliminted from SB

I was fascinated by who the Super Bowl winners have historically lost to that I modified the criteria a bit. (Sorry for the hi-jack).

Here is a list of teams since division realignment who teams winning the Super Bowl have not lost a non-divisional game to (with the teams they already beat):

Jets - Titans
Browns - Jags
Ravens
Raiders - Ravens
Chargers - Panthers, Raiders
Panthers
Cardinals - Rams
Bucs - Commandos, Lions

So, that didn't remove any of the remaining 12 teams; here are the remaining "must-win" games for those teams:

49ers - Week 10 at Bucs
Bengals - Week 4 at Panthers, Week 9 v. Raiders, Week 11 at Chargers
Bills - Week 4 at Ravens
Bucs - Week 14 v. Raiders, Week 15 at Chargers (EG)
Chargers - Week 9 at Browns, Week 12 v. Ravens, Week 15 v. Bucs (EG)
Chiefs - Week 12 at Panthers, Week 15 at Browns
Cowboys - Week 3 v. Ravens, Week 15 at Panthers, Week 16 v. Bucs
Jets - Week 10 at Cardinals
Packers - Week 6 v. Cardinals
Saints - Week 8 at Chargers, Week 11 v. Browns, Week 17 v. Raiders
Texans - Week 9 at Jets, Week 17 v. Ravens
Vikings - Week 5 v. Jets (in London), Week 13 v. Cardinals

Cowboys officially eliminated.

Ride or die with mcdc. He is who he is. I hated the hire at the time but now I hope he's here forever.

Oh yeah gotta love him he’s changed the culture for sure. I probably overreacted after last week and the fact that he gifted the 9ers that game last year.

Kyle makes just as bad decisions.

Rams are back in the SB discussion if they beat Chicago next. They’re a young athletic undisciplined group on D with an offense that Stafford and Williams need to carry until everyone comes back from IR. Week 6 bye week was once frowned on but now is a big advantage. Even if the Rams can go into their bye 2-3, they’ll get Puka, Kupp and 2 starting olinmen back. I trust McVay will coach these youngsters up with more time. What a grind.

Detroit has played very similar to the chiefs the last few years this early season. Realizing you need to run to win.
They are getting there...

Vs TB they went away from it a bit...

I'm sure the members are sick of me pounding the sand at our losses last year generally being the result of stopping with a successful run game in the 2h... Saints and Bears games were the worst...

Today, they really showed it.

That will correlate to UNDERS @VirginiaCavs

That's one reason why we all were making money on those Chiefs 2h unders last test.

They are getting there...

Vs TB they went away from it a bit...

I'm sure the members are sick of me pounding the sand at our losses last year generally being the result of stopping with a successful run game in the 2h... Saints and Bears games were the worst...

Today, they really showed it.

That will correlate to UNDERS @VirginiaCavs

That's one reason why we all were making money on those Chiefs 2h unders last test.
Yes
Could be very similar for Lions this year. The next few weeks will tell a lot, then you'll get discounts on those second half unders after big first halves.

Rams are back in the SB discussion if they beat Chicago next. They’re a young athletic undisciplined group on D with an offense that Stafford and Williams need to carry until everyone comes back from IR. Week 6 bye week was once frowned on but now is a big advantage. Even if the Rams can go into their bye 2-3, they’ll get Puka, Kupp and 2 starting olinmen back. I trust McVay will coach these youngsters up with more time. What a grind.

They need to avoid that injury bug. Huge win today regardless of what both teams were missing. Stafford was Detroit Stafford today and will be until he gets his wrs back.

The last two teams who opened the season with the same teams their first two playoff games have went to the super bowl. Interesting.

For those keeping score at home, the nine teams left that meet the Spek seal of approval (DK odds to reach/win SB):

Niners +300/+650
Vikings +1200/+2500
Packers +900/+1800
Chiefs +220/+450
Bills +500/+1100
Jets +700/+1400
Bengals +950/+2000
Texans +650/+1500
Chargers +2500/+4500

For those keeping score at home, the nine teams left that meet the Spek seal of approval (DK odds to reach/win SB):

Niners +300/+650
Vikings +1200/+2500
Packers +900/+1800
Chiefs +220/+450
Bills +500/+1100
Jets +700/+1400
Bengals +950/+2000
Texans +650/+1500
Chargers +2500/+4500

I hope Sam Darnold kills it so JJ Mccarthy can get traded out of NFC norris.

I wanted to give Joe Cool as long as a leash as possible but 1-4 with that defense isn’t going to end in a SB.

Jets loss means nothing @Brewers888. They can lead the division with a win next week.

9ers lost nothing as well, may have improved end game wise actually.

I wanted to give Joe Cool as long as a leash as possible but 1-4 with that defense isn’t going to end in a SB.

Jets loss means nothing @Brewers888. They can lead the division with a win next week.

9ers lost nothing as well, may have improved end game wise actually.

Shanny is a shit coach bro.

Purdy's tiny little hands cost them on that final drive today.

Niners ELIMINATED...

Shanny is a shit coach bro.

Purdy's tiny little hands cost them on that final drive today.

Niners ELIMINATED...

Considering they’re missing 2 guys who are expected to be back in Dre and CMC and can be in first place after next week. They’re not eliminated. They should be. But 4-4 going into the bye is fine. If they had either of those guys they’d be 5-1. Not a good sign to lose games you have 90% win probability, but it’s better than simply being a bad team. Kyle blows inside the red zone.

Who am I kidding when they fire Saleh the next coach is going to be another conservative defensive coach who will drive me insane. Instead of hiring Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik they'll either bring back Rex or hire some bum like Vrabel or Aaron Glenn.

I knew this would somehow turn into a Jets thread
I can and will turn any thread possible into a Jets thread but since this is a thread about teams being eliminated from Super Bowl contention and the Jets have not been included I will continue to voice my displeasure.

Back