Stafford And Lions and Rams oh my!

That is to say, and it's clear the media narrative will be different because I'm seeing them all say watson is worth a billion picks now

But Goff as a backup with his salary had such a negative value on the rams that they had to pay to get rid of them

I dont know whether the lions even like him, but taking that salary to get an extra pick or two is such a smart thing to do and something that happens a bunch in the nhl and this new Detroit gm is smart to do it here

Rams in win now mode upgrade their offense big time, defense was already top 5, so it's a huge win for them, picks are great but flags fly forever

Happy for Stafford

Yeah , I think this sets the price on Watson at 3 first rounders
It's likely two 1sts in the 20s too

Whereas if say the jets or dolphins move their pick in a potential deal it's a top 3 pick, which is already worth more than what lions got on it's own

Someone let me know when the Raiders have put all that draft capital into actual playoff winning football.... consolidation of draft picks is easiest thing in the world. Picking the next Khalil Mack is a different story.

Even if you take Goff out of equation... Lions still get 3 picks. Two first rounders. Pretty wild. News here is saying Goff might not even start here either. He could be traded for more draft capital. I'd bet Goff can net a #1 first rounder.... Let's say colts.

Even if you take Goff out of equation... Lions still get 3 picks. Two first rounders. Pretty wild. News here is saying Goff might not even start here either. He could be traded for more draft capital. I'd bet Goff can net a #1 first rounder.... Let's say colts.

Great trade either way for the lions

I agree. I say that mostly because the Lions were going nowhere with Stafford.. so if they go nowhere with Goff, at least they got draft capital.
100%

You're new GM just bought himself like 3 years of goodwill already, and by all accounts scouting was the reason he got the job

Goff is legitimately garbage. He has no mental ability to run the schemes that elite offensive coaches like McVeigh and Rat Jr. want him to run... so of course he'll be perfect for the Lions.
Yup.

Should be able to tank a few more years and hopefully do a complete rebuild.

Give MCDC 4 years to get his shot with a complete roster

This would make this the best Lions trade ever

a first rounder for Goff with that contract? How much money is he still owed ?

Get hurt?

He was hurt his first year...played with a broken back for most of a season

Guy took a lot of hits to not miss many games.

He was hurt in 2019. He missed some time this year. My point is he's getting older.. Everyone here disagrees with me in this thread but I love the trade.

If they flip Goff for a first rounder then they should name the Annual best GM award after the Lions GM

Someone will get desperate. Lot of qb needy teams. Who says Detroit has to keep Goff? I like Goff, and want them to keep him but they are in a good position and don't take on any dead money from his contract.

Back