SMU Fresno St Discussion

Templeton Rye story:

When Prohibition outlawed the manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages in 1920, many enterprising residents of a small town in Iowa chose to become outlaws – producing a high caliber and much sought-after whiskey known as Templeton Rye.Based on its extremely smooth finish, the American rye whiskey earned the nickname of “The Good Stuff” and quickly brought a certain degree of fame to the doorsteps of Templeton (pop. 350). As the premium brand of the era, Templeton Rye fetched an impressive $5.50 per gallon – or approximately $70 by today’s standards.
Over the course of its storied history, Templeton Rye became Al Capone’s whiskey of choice, quickly finding its way to the center of his bootlegging empire. Hundreds of kegs per month were supplied to Capone’s gang who in turn filled the demand of speakeasies throughout Chicago, New York and as far west as San Francisco.
Capone was eventually convicted on charges of tax evasion and sent to prison. Later legends suggest that a few bottles even found their way inside the walls of Alcatraz to the cell of prisoner AZ-85.
Although most American whiskeys ceased production after prohibition ended, Templeton Rye continued to be produced illegally in small quantities for loyal patrons. More than eighty-five years later, the infamous small batch rye whiskey finally returned – made available legally for the first time ever in 2006.

bump...more worthy than last post of last page

Fresno cheerleaders!!!
an_tongueout.gif

I put Fresno real high in my confidence pool early on. I meant to go in and change it before kickoff, but got distracted. Hopefully Fresno can come back and win this thing.

I have missed a few picks so far, like even getting them in. Had no power a few times and just a busy week. Figured a mid-teens play on SMU was worth a shot. Liked the side but never played :doh:

I have missed a few picks so far, like even getting them in. Had no power a few times and just a busy week. Figured a mid-teens play on SMU was worth a shot. Liked the side but never played :doh:

Just checked where I had Fresno in the confidence pool. I have them @ 32!!! Ouch!!!

2h game over was the better play... still like fres to scratch out a couple more even if last one is in junk time

[TABLE="align: center"]
<tbody><tr>[TH="bgcolor: #000000, colspan: 3, align: left"]NCAA FOOTBALL - LIVE WAGERING ** Game[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #000000, align: left"]Spread[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #000000, align: left"]Money Line[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #000000, align: left"]Total Points[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #000000, colspan: 2, align: left"]Team Total Points[/TH]
[TR="bgcolor: #c2a26f"]
[TD]Mon 12/24[/TD]
[TD]9213[/TD]
[TD]SMU - LIVE[/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" language="javascript" name="radiox" value="S1_0" type="radio">-14½ -115 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" language="javascript" name="radiox" value="L1_0" type="radio">Over 57½ -130 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #c2a26f"]
[TD]11:59PM (EST) [/TD]
[TD]9214[/TD]
[TD]FRESNO ST - LIVE[/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" language="javascript" name="radiox" value="S2_0" type="radio"> +14½ -105 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" language="javascript" name="radiox" value="L2_0" type="radio">Under 57½ +110 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

this fresno offensive output is very bizarre.... take a month off, 19 year old kids etc... I get that... this is different...

Just checked the box score. Glad the missus had me on sanctions for this one.

Fresno only dropping 7 is very odd given the competition...

Plenty a dog ML chaser on SMU. Odds were an underdog was gonna come through straight up in one of the next 3 bowl games and you don't have to break the bank to chase...

Back