Should Texas Fire Charlie Strong?

Both twink. Please baby gonna get hotel in nawlins. Leaving out Thursday mornin should be there Thursday evening. Coming home Sunday

Lmao on the please baby damn phone. Sound of said probably going to lol

I mean couple good restaurants/ bars. Just looking for a nice leisurely fun few days. Haven't gotten a hotel yet lol

boys this is the Texas sucks at football thread not the let's find where Twinkie isn't allowed to buy hand grenades anymore thread

Going on 7 years now of mediocrity / crap, I can attest that the bad football and high alcohol intake do go hand in hand. So there's that.

I was in the Rose Bowl the last game when UT was relevant. Incredible experience and great example of being processed.

boys this is the Texas sucks at football thread not the let's find where Twinkie isn't allowed to buy hand grenades anymore thread

You beat BayLoL, can't be all bad.
You're 2-0 vs. Church schools.
I may play the horns vs. TCU
I see a trend

A couple of the major recruits are basically saying they won't even consider Texas if there is no Charlie Strong. Oh boy.

I was in the Rose Bowl the last game when UT was relevant. Incredible experience and great example of being processed.

me too, thanks for the stiff arm when i tried to meet some co-eds in houndstooth

A couple of the major recruits are basically saying they won't even consider Texas if there is no Charlie Strong. Oh boy.

they're probably terrible anyways so who cares

Should not have been allowed to get back on the plane to Austin. Maybe he wasn't.

It doesn't get any more embarrassing.

Rivals' Geoff Ketchum reports that Texas will fire HC Charlie Strong.

Ketchum cites "two high-level Texas sources." He relays that Strong is not expected to be let go on Saturday night, but it should be expected in the coming days. None of this comes as a huge surprise. Strong's coaching seat has been varying degrees of "hot" all season long. The final lick of flame came when the Longhorns fell to Kansas by a 24-21 score in overtime on Saturday afternoon. While it is not yet known who Texas will bring in to replace Strong, Houston HC Tom Herman should be considered a strong contender for the job.
Source: Geoff Ketchum on Twitter

You just think so. He is awful beyond words. Worst texas coach of my lifetime. Has no business coaching

Has he always been this way? Awful coach?
I mean he was the hottest name way back when, A "can't miss" hire?

Tough to say. The ville kids played REALLY hard for him when he coached there. Not sure how much the offense was just bridgewater. I liked the hire. I was wrong. Worst part is that he is a defensive coach....

You just think so. He is awful beyond words. Worst texas coach of my lifetime. Has no business coaching

Hahahahahahaha

I needed this after the fuckshow I had to watch earlier...
I really want everyone in here before that told me I was essentially an idiot to come in here now....Texas may have the last laugh and get Herman, but this is fuckery not seen in some time

His seat wasn't as "hot" as the masses were led to believe. Reports of him not getting it and being in over his head were wrong too. Patterson being removed was actually beneficial. Even prior to this game he was already set for 2016. This game just provided some good momentum at a time where a lot of negativity was hanging around. If he can build on it, which I think he can, I feel pretty confident in saying everyone will be looking back and laughing at threads like this 5 years from now.

5 years?

Could be, maybe they give him more time.
I hope so.

So 15 inches of rain gets zero mention, travel gets f ed up, other team playing with hair on fire for coach's job etc. One game, sample size almost 0, and here i am back in this stupid thread. What happens the rest of 2015 is not important. Give the man 2016 and maybe even 2017 and i will bump this and laugh at all y'all calling for his head

Lol

Per our local rag:

University of Texas officials have decided to fire football coach Charlie Strong, however the official announcement may not come until Monday, a high-ranking university source told the American-Statesman.

Smart...dead man walking. Not fair to him. Will he coach it out? Seems like that would be the case.....

We are such a laughing stock. And deservedly so.

'Tis what you get when you have no AD in place. The person with that title right now really isn't an AD.

Back