Should Texas Fire Charlie Strong?

You can't compare the last several years, they were sanctioned for fucking sakes figure it out

Just now getting back into the game, and oh yeah, they're USC. And it's LA.

I'm embarrassed that this is even a topic, and I hate LA

You can't compare the last several years, they were sanctioned for fucking sakes figure it out

Just now getting back into the game, and oh yeah, they're USC. And it's LA.

I'm embarrassed that this is even a topic, and I hate LA

Check their history before Carrol.

And OSU hired Meyer while under sanctions. It's not a deal-breaker.

You seem to be taking this awful personally.

LOL I don't like USC or much of anything out west

I keep it real

They are paying for a big time name, it's kinda annoying

Who the fuck are you?

It's interesting that Herman gets an automatic salary bump to 5 mil if Houston joins the Big 12.

He could run that conference at Houston if he wanted to. And wouldn't have to bang heads with Saban on a yearly basis.

They ain't getting in, not enough votes

UT rules the roost in that shit show yet OU won't let em in

I think the only thing that makes Texas an unattractive job is the meddling from boosters, perceived or real. That is the main reason I never saw Saban going there. Alabama is bad enough with that, and he done a nice job getting them to write checks and keep their mouths shut otherwise, but Texas is a different animal. Especially for a younger coach. I'm hoping Saban stays long enough that the boosters that were used to having massive input on the program are either too old to care or have moved on, so that they don't ruin the program again

it's real at tejas. patterson couldn't last two years because of the amount of boosters he pissed off.

I think the only thing that makes Texas an unattractive job is the meddling from boosters, perceived or real. That is the main reason I never saw Saban going there. Alabama is bad enough with that, and he done a nice job getting them to write checks and keep their mouths shut otherwise, but Texas is a different animal. Especially for a younger coach. I'm hoping Saban stays long enough that the boosters that were used to having massive input on the program are either too old to care or have moved on, so that they don't ruin the program again

Saban was interacting with Texas boosters which is why he was rumored to be coming to Texas a few seasons back. He coaches at Alabama whose booster meddling surpasses Texas, and is only mitigated now because y'all have the best college football coach in the game ... maybe ever? Start losing and your boosters meddling will get back to the level they were at when Shula was around.

vk I have to agree on the recruiting. This last class though, was considered a coup for Charlie on NSD.......team certainly looks like SHIT on defense

Saban was interacting with Texas boosters which is why he was rumored to be coming to Texas a few seasons back. He coaches at Alabama whose booster meddling surpasses Texas, and is only mitigated now because y'all have the best college football coach in the game ... maybe ever? Start losing and your boosters meddling will get back to the level they were at when Shula was around.

I know. That's why I hope most of the old guard is gone by the time Saban leaves. My hope is that the new money guys understand that the more they meddle, the worse the outcome, but I won't hold my breath. Would be the biggest reason I wouldn't want Dabo to be our next coach. He may get eaten alive here. If he even wants to leave Clemson

vk I have to agree on the recruiting. This last class though, was considered a coup for Charlie on NSD.......team certainly looks like SHIT on defense

which is why he's gotta go at this point. if you can't teach your specialty to 4*, you gotta go.

wait--you think lsu boosters want jimbo more than herman? is this an understood thing in br?

there is a contingent that wants Jimbo, yes

i cannot say for sure if they are the majority or minority, but i am pretty positive there is some leaning that way.

will i take him? absolutely? do i want herman before him? absolutely

oregon has turned into a dumpster fire as well. hard to see helfrich surviving this season. not that oregon is on level with sc, tx & lsu but phil knight is gonna bust out that checkbook to try. Should be an entertaining off season.

The big swinging dicks when Brown was here (Joe Jamail, Red McCombs and a few others) are now either dead or will be soon. They all wanted the head coach on speed dial and expected reciprocation. The newer money guys aren't even in the zip code when it comes to this type thing.

oregon has turned into a dumpster fire as well. hard to see helfrich surviving this season. not that oregon is on level with sc, tx & lsu but phil knight is gonna bust out that checkbook to try. Should be an entertaining off season.

Yep. There are several fringe top 15-20 programs that better be careful if they fire their coach this season with the potential jobs open. I'm think places like Penn St, Auburn, etc might want to hold off because they aren't beating out LSU, USC, Texas for coaches, and probably not Oregon either for the reason you mentioned.

it's real at tejas. patterson couldn't last two years because of the amount of boosters he pissed off.

It wasn't just boosters. It was the entire fan base who despised that unbridled, lying, piece-of-shit snake in the grass. He was the most despised person ever associated with Texas athletics, and it wasn't even close. Everyone from the admin people in Bellmont all the way up to Joe Jamail hated the guy, over and over.

The big swinging dicks when Brown was here (Joe Jamail, Red McCombs and a few others) are now either dead or will be soon. They all wanted the head coach on speed dial and expected reciprocation. The newer money guys aren't even in the zip code when it comes to this type thing.

That's kinda what I'm hoping happens here. Although as recently as last year there those that were trying to force Saban's hand by putting some stuff out about Lane Kiffin after the Ole Miss game. Saban's responded pretty emphatically though

It wasn't just boosters. It was the entire fan base who despised that unbridled, lying, piece-of-shit snake in the grass. He was the most despised person ever associated with Texas athletics, and it wasn't even close. Everyone from the admin people in Bellmont all the way up to Joe Jamail hated the guy, over and over.

right, but the boosters are what got that ball rolling.

wasn't too long ago we were doing this elbutre

you seen the light huh?

all i ever said is you gotta give him a 3rd year and a chance.

he has failed that opportunity. you can't let 3 outta four teams drop a 50 burger on texas and get out alive.

i have seen the light, twink.

and jesus christ if this texas team didn't collapse they'd have a legit shot at some LA talent with les being gone and what not.

now it's just gonna be ole miss and bama.

sad, sad, sad.

Yep. There are several fringe top 15-20 programs that better be careful if they fire their coach this season with the potential jobs open. I'm think places like Penn St, Auburn, etc might want to hold off because they aren't beating out LSU, USC, Texas for coaches, and probably not Oregon either for the reason you mentioned.

ND could be in the mix too.

one terrifying aspect I just saw someone post is the potential that Herman goes to UT AND pulls Aranda from LSU

fuck me, that would really suck

one terrifying aspect I just saw someone post is the potential that Herman goes to UT AND pulls Aranda from LSU

fuck me, that would really suck

You really think LSU is going to hire someone that's going to not bring his own guys with him?

and texas ain't gonna hire an offensive coach without a DC that means something.

also: if texas doesn't land herman at this point, they will be a fucking laughing stock.

You really think LSU is going to hire someone that's going to not bring his own guys with him?

Aranda and Herman are boys from back in the day

that is why this so perfect until the incompetent shit at Texas started.........

Aranda and Herman are boys from back in the day

that is why this so perfect until the incompetent shit at Texas started.........

i posted it somewhere before, but here it is

[FONT=&quot]Pete Alamar, special teams coordinator, Stanford[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]• Eddie Gran, offensive coordinator, Cincinnati[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]• Mark Weber, assistant head coach/offensive line coach, Utah State[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]• Rod Marinelli, defensive coordinator, Dallas Cowboys[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]• Steve Hagen, tight ends coach, New York Jets[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]• Cory Undlin, defensive backs coach, Denver Broncos[/FONT]

thats not what i wanted to post lol, but they were together at Cal Lutheran

those guys are all Cal Lutheran guys, meant to post an espn article

the other b12 schools not allowing houston to get into the big 12 and charlie forgetting how to coach defense is really fucking y'all, twink.

what a perfect storm.

thats not what i wanted to post lol, but they were together at Cal Lutheran

those guys are all Cal Lutheran guys, meant to post an espn article

I get that they have a history together, but I don't think these things work out quite like the fans think they should. What if Aranda doesn't want to work for his buddy? Aranda might test the waters of being a HC. Herman likely needs to hit the ground running wherever he goes and bringing in his own staff that's been with him the last couple of years is probably an easier way to do that. JMO of course

The little bit I've heard of Herman speak, he has always had the best things to say about his DC Todd Orlando. Not that I'd expect him to trash his guy but it seemed genuine that he believes he has a top flight guy. Plus he is an asset in recruiting if anyone likes Walker Texas Ranger View attachment 41482

Gps- I could be completely wrong about it, but it just seemed a bit too perfect. I don't think Aranda is HC just yet anywhere decent...

Ck- that's why I said I could see him bringing Orlando. He seems to be getting the job done there and getting 5 stars which is unreal when you think about it

twinkie, i think you might be setting yourself up for a disappointment. We will probably have LSU, Texas, USC, oregon, Auburn, and a couple of other jobs up for grabs. On face value there doesn't seem to be enough available talent to fill every job. Some fanbases are going to be underwhelmed.

Back