Selection Sunday Discussion and In-Game

Oh I don’t think I agree w that. Clemson moved the ball all over fsu d. Plus fsu not scoring a point in Michigan with that offense they ran last 2 weeks. Iowa built in a way more equip to defend Michigan imo. Im pretty confident Michigan would not only push fsu d around but then they would hit them with play action

FSU D is as good as UM's.

Clemson is high flying vs. every team UM has played not named OSU

Can’t leave FSU at home.

Gotta be Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas

When all is said and done, we can make an argument for a couple of teams that don’t end up making it, however, the only team that would be “screwed” if they didn’t make it based on their résumé is FSU.

They did every single thing that was asked of them. The other teams simply can’t say that.

The committee isn't going to change their minds and move FSU from 3 to 5 off of a win. They had their chance weeks ago to address this!

I dknt think they have the guts to leave fsu out but they have proven many times prior weeks rankings mean next to nothing! I have no clue what they gonna do. I don’t think they have the balls to leave fsu out but I don’t think they have the balls to leave sec out either! Maybe they fuck texas! Until last year they been known to fuck the big 12 over Lol

They only be screwing 1. Uga doesn’t deserve to even be considered. They lost their playoff game yesterday!!

Never before a #1 went to #5 and they are a dynasty - but I agree. But their fan base probably won't!

It helps expansion argument.

If CBS showed that incomplete we'd maybe have an amazing Rose Bowl UM vs. Washington and UGA vs. Texas possibly. Would have been epic.

Rose Bowl got hurt the most but UM vs. Texas would be great.

let’s be real. This is all fsu fault. Why don’t they have a decent backup? Bama had hurts and Tua!!

FSU and Bama odds to make it have tightened up considerably in the last 15 minutes, but FSU still favored.

If CBS showed that incomplete we'd maybe have an amazing Rose Bowl UM vs. Washington and UGA vs. Texas possibly. Would have been epic.

Rose Bowl got hurt the most but UM vs. Texas would be great.
Pretty big assumption that UGA wins if that call gets overturned. They were manhandled yesterday and Beck was seeing ghosts all day

Pretty big assumption that UGA wins if that call gets overturned. They were manhandled yesterday and Beck was seeing ghosts all day

7-14 point swing with massive momentum going into half... just mind boggling they didn't look at it.

We'll get a NY6 rematch!

Unlikely, but that would be a treat.

Ranking Texas ahead of FSU and FSU ahead of Alabama makes no sense. FSU should be #3 or out of the top 4

Considering I bet FSU 3 Texas 4 order at +170 I agree. How can you drop them down and behind a 1 loss team that was just #7, who beat a fringe ranked team.

7-14 point swing with massive momentum going into half... just mind boggling they didn't look at it.

We'll get a NY6 rematch!

Unlikely, but that would be a treat.
I agree it should have been reviewed. Kirby messed that up by not calling a TO. But at that point in the game, UGA wasn't doing anything on offense, so it's no given they would have scored. Also changes how the 2nd half is played. Hell, if Alabama just catches 1 or 2 of the INTs that hit the DBs in the hands, UGA doesn't get to double digits

I agree it should have been reviewed. Kirby messed that up by not calling a TO. But at that point in the game, UGA wasn't doing anything on offense, so it's no given they would have scored. Also changes how the 2nd half is played. Hell, if Alabama just catches 1 or 2 of the INTs that hit the DBs in the hands, UGA doesn't get to double digits

All true

Handwriting on the wall starting this year. Of the top eight teams there has been a combined 6 losses, only one of those losses was to a team not in the top 8 (Texas' loss to Oklahoma, who is at 12). The rich will continue to get richer with NIL money and the poaching of quality players off "lesser" teams. We will all get our "great match-ups" with the 12 team playoff system but the cost will be you will have the same damn teams playing the same damn games over and over again-mark my words. It will get old, fast. Can't say how many times I have heard bemoaning of second match-ups in conference championship games after a great initial game earlier in the season. Well, how about a third match-up in at playoff time? It's gonna happen. You can pretty much pencil in Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas every year as long as the coaching situation is stable. The next tier of Oregon, Clemson, Oklahoma, Penn St., FSU and possibly USC will fill out 5/6 each year. Yawn. They will give the undefeated "other guys" a bone every once in a while, and round out with the best of the rest and whoever survives the Big 12 battles. Programs like North Carolina, UCLA, Boise, and yes, even Texas A&M, Tennessee and Ole Miss are done. They will regress to support feeders of the real BIG 10 listed above. It will be really bad for the sport. The fan bases that had that special team every ten years that maybe kind of possibly could do something magical and give hope are going to turn off. In my mind, everything that is so wonderful about college football is in deep peril from this notion that we have to have "the best match-ups" and the "most deserving teams." It has, and always will be BS. At some point the wins matter. If the SEC schools are in over Texas and FSU the whole thing is a farce. Maybe it already is.

Old BCS formula has Mich Wash Alabama FSU. It has worked every year that these mirror playoff committee.

We were up 16-13 to start the 4th. Texas scored a TD and then Milroe threw that horrible INT right after deep in our own territory. We cut it back to 3 on the next drive, but the defense was gassed and Sark is the best play caller in football, and we were toast
No team has improved more then Bama. That would be a different game today imo....all more reason for playoffs

No team has improved more then Bama. That would be a different game today imo....all more reason for playoffs

Milroe still takes the worst sacks of any QB in history. But, yes, better team.

But losing @ home is BRUTAL in CFB.

End of the day, my team did everything they could after putting ourselves behind the 8 ball early. Proud of them, and if we don't get in, it was still one of the more enjoyable seasons as a fan. If SEC is left out, Greg Sankey is going to go full scorched earth lol

Back