Selection Sunday Discussion and In-Game

how many lambs will be slaughtered today ,as an offering to the Gods, by those praying an SEC team won't be selected?

how many lambs will be slaughtered today ,as an offering to the Gods, by those praying an SEC team won't be selected?
SEC sucked ass this year lol, no one cares.

Every conference was blah overall.

This is a very top heavy year of 6-7 teams that all have a chance.

Texas is basically an SEC team now, though. Will be funny if they win it. Their fans were chanting SEC after winning the Big 12. Haha. Bama obviously better than FSU currently. Tough decision but they should go with the Noles. Would be a lot better for your boys in Michigan.
This is weird, but the Hunt/Bar group don't care who we play.

Last year we faced a lesser team and decided to look past them and got blitzed early on.

No thanks.

You need to win twice to win it all.

Who cares about the path?

(Ideally on opposite side of Texas for futures).

SEC sucked ass this year lol, no one cares.

Every conference was blah overall.

This is a very top heavy year of 6-7 teams that all have a chance.
I saw a few pundits over the last week + speculating the outcomes of the champ games. If bama beat jorja, neither were worthy. Yet they had OSU with an outside chance.
Biggest being you couldn't take bama w/o taking Texas.(obviously)

I saw a few pundits over the last week + speculating the outcomes of the champ games. If bama beat jorja, neither were worthy. Yet they had OSU with an outside chance.
Biggest being you couldn't take bama w/o taking Texas.(obviously)
A reason I don't watch pundits.

As said all year, this was a very good year for a bigger playoff but we had a few "playoff" games these last two weeks to eliminate teams (OSU, Oregon and Georgia).

Early AM "to make the playoff" numbers would seem to indicate the SEC is going to be left out:

To Make the Playoffs (DK):

Bama +115
Georgia +1200
Florida State -400
Texas -330

Champion (DK):

Michigan +115
Texas +360
Washington +500
Alabama +550
Florida State +1800

The Four at Fanduel:

Michigan, UDUB, Texas, FSU: -190
Michigan, UDUB, Bama, Florida State: +270 -This would take Bolas Gigantes by the Committee
Michigan, UDUB, Bama, Texas: +340 - Most likely ALT scenario
Anything with Georgia +2500 to +10000

To Make (FD):

FSU -480
Texas -375
Bama +134
Georgia +1600

Champ (FD):

Michigan +110
Texas +330
UDUB +450
Bama +650
FSU +1700

The books priced Florida State as though they are in, but have absolutely zero fear of them winning or the hedge spots as they will be close to double digit dogs in the semi-finals and finals.

It's the last year of the four and P5 conferences, I would love to see the committee put the four best teams in, not the four most deserving.

Seems to be settling in toward Mich, UW, Texas and Bama. I think most everyone will be surprised if this isn't what we see later this morning.

Take the over in UW / Texas. Penix will have a field day with Horns secondary. Surprised that we would be favored in this.

Last edited:
Seems to be settling in toward Mich, UW, Texas and Bama. I think most everyone will be surprised if this isn't what we see later this morning.

Take the over in UW / Texas. Penix will have field day with Horns secondary. Surprised that we would be favored in this.

Odds suggest FSU in.

Anyone else have a future graded this morning?

I had one done, telling me that these are already decided.

Bama winning that game by 3 after the “play of the day” as called (but not covered live) by CBS gifting them 7 wasn’t enough to get them in. They needed to roll a banged up Georgia team and not have a asterisk dub.

But let’s run in back in the SEC CHAMP pt. 2

What a weak field and this is UM’s chance man. You could argue the best 2 teams won’t be making it in Georgia and Bama. Two nightmare matchups for UM.

What a weak field and this is UM’s chance man. You could argue the best 2 teams won’t be making it in Georgia and Bama. Two nightmare matchups for UM.
Stop it.

I would love to play Bama, despite a running QB.

Georgia? Reputation team.

Wash, UM and Texas call all win this(as can Alabama).

Your Georgia future lost. It happens.

The fun of these playoffs is each team has some warts. All are capable.

Coaching will be instrumental.

Committee could've moved FSU to 5 after they lost Travis and mightve saved some of the headaches they're feeling now.

This is a great point. I think there’s big value in the likely order of UM UW FSU Texas. How can they not stick to where they’ve had everyone for weeks?

SEC ooc is interesting.

Remember, they play 4 ooc.

Georgia played no one.
Bama played Texas and got smoked
LSU played FSU and got smoked
Tennessee no one
Ole Miss beat Tulane
Kentucky beat Louisville

That's it, 1-2 ranked ooc wins (if I'm missing one, tell me).

Bama SOS is excellent though.

Interesting year for that conference.

This can be the case for many teams, just pointing out the conference as a whole didn't perform great vs ooc... and they play extra ooc games...
"Got smoked" lol. We were winning in the 4th quarter. So while they did smoke us in the final 12 minutes or so, it was pretty even to that point

You crazy. If the committee gets it right and makes it Michigan, Washington, texas, bama it is one the best final 4s I can remember! At least going back to when it was clemson, bama, Ohio st a lot. The lsu year I think was strong cept for Sooners. This would be a great field tho, unless they leave bama out, that would be a travesty. Guess it depends what we want tho? Michigan/bama would be a great game. Michigan/fsu would be free money, lol.

This is a great point. I think there’s big value in the likely order of UM UW FSU Texas. How can they not stick to where they’ve had everyone for weeks?
Yeah. Same with keeping Bama at #8 all those weeks. I just can't see them moving them from #8 to #3 or #4

Take the over in UW / Texas. Penix will have a field day with Horns secondary. Surprised that we would be favored in this.

I’m not sure committee has the balls to leave fsu out even tho I agree it should be those 4

It just sucks that there are 5 teams that should unequivocally be in. I accept that Alabama may not get in because of the circumstances. But you won't convince me we aren't one of the 4 best teams. They really screwed themselves with the rankings over the last few weeks and then things didn't happen like they were expecting. What really sucks as an Alabama fan is that if we had played a G5 team instead of Texas, we're probably the #1 seed. Texas had the balls to schedule that game, won it, and is now possibly out. Guess reason enough to move to 12

Bro, love ya, you lost by DDs at home.

Can we agree to "defeated handily"?
They were the better team that night for sure. Especially for this team that had a lot of growing to do. I would have much rather played Ball State or something, gone undefeated and be the clear #1 seed today

It just sucks that there are 5 teams that should unequivocally be in. I accept that Alabama may not get in because of the circumstances. But you won't convince me we aren't one of the 4 best teams. They really screwed themselves with the rankings over the last few weeks and then things didn't happen like they were expecting. What really sucks as an Alabama fan is that if we had played a G5 team instead of Texas, we're probably the #1 seed. Texas had the balls to schedule that game, won it, and is now possibly out. Guess reason enough to move to 12
I get this.

I also say take care of business at home.

Hey, next year you'll be seeing 9-3/8-4 UM and LSU teams in playoffs due to scheduling at least. It'll count.

SEC ooc is interesting.

Remember, they play 4 ooc.

Georgia played no one.
Bama played Texas and got smoked
LSU played FSU and got smoked
Tennessee no one
Ole Miss beat Tulane
Kentucky beat Louisville

That's it, 1-2 ranked ooc wins (if I'm missing one, tell me).

Bama SOS is excellent though.

Interesting year for that conference.

This can be the case for many teams, just pointing out the conference as a whole didn't perform great vs ooc... and they play extra ooc games...

I think saying bama got smoked a bit a overstatement. That was a pretty good game and I think we prob agree bama has gotten drastically better as the year has went on. To your point tho, ol miss prob loses to tulane if Pratt woulda played that game so yea the out of conf showing by the sec was far from impressive. I’d prob debate lsu “got smoked” also. They were the better team in the 1st half and really 2 3td down drops the only reason that game didn’t come down to the wire. Of course fsu did score practically every drive after halftime, as we learned lsu defense was a freaking abomination!! Lol.

Still think it way easier to leave out the ACC champ without a qb than bama. I know you would feel way better facing fsu than bama! Not saying Michigan can’t or won’t beat bama but it be a damn site better game. Noles wouldn’t score a point on your squad!

They were the better team that night for sure. Especially for this team that had a lot of growing to do. I would have much rather played Ball State or something, gone undefeated and be the clear #1 seed today
Should have swapped Texas to the Nov ooc game, agreed.

Early is tough.

I think saying bama got smoked a bit a overstatement. That was a pretty good game and I think we prob agree bama has gotten drastically better as the year has went on. To your point tho, ol miss prob loses to tulane if Pratt woulda played that game so yea the out of conf showing by the sec was far from impressive. I’d prob debate lsu “got smoked” also. They were the better team in the 1st half and really 2 3td down drops the only reason that game didn’t come down to the wire. Of course fsu did score practically every drive after halftime, as we learned lsu defense was a freaking abomination!! Lol.

Still think it way easier to leave out the ACC champ without a qb than bama. I know you would feel way better facing fsu than bama! Not saying Michigan can’t or won’t beat bama but it be a damn site better game. Noles wouldn’t score a point on your squad!

I'm changing it to "lost handily"

Final answer.

Still pissed I lost that under.

Can't remember or verify, but I think I saw that Alabama is the first team in the CFP era to beat 3 top 13 teams of the final ranking

That my biggest problem with bama getting left out. Yea they lost to texas but like you said if they scheduled some garbage little sister of the poor team then they undefeated and there no debate. I don’t like the idea of encouraging teams to play nobody out of conf! Of course it won’t matter after this year. Thing is fsu might be deserving but without a qb they don’t belong. It sucks tho, I’d feel better saying this if fsu scheduled a scrub but they played lsu opening week which makes me even more sad to say they should get left out. Unfortunately I believe bama is better now than when they lost and fsu a shell without their qb.

I'm changing it to "lost handily"

Final answer.

Still pissed I lost that under.

Fair enough. I don’t remember the exact details but it was kinda low scoring till the 4th qrtr fireworks wasn’t it? I’ve lost so many sec unders like that the last 2-3 years

Back