Selection Sunday Discussion and In-Game

That my biggest problem with bama getting left out. Yea they lost to texas but like you said if they scheduled some garbage little sister of the poor team then they undefeated and there no debate. I don’t like the idea of encouraging teams to play nobody out of conf! Of course it won’t matter after this year. Thing is fsu might be deserving but without a qb they don’t belong. It sucks tho, I’d feel better saying this if fsu scheduled a scrub but they played lsu opening week which makes me even more sad to say they should get left out. Unfortunately I believe bama is better now than when they lost and fsu a shell without their qb.
FSU should be in. But so should the other 4.

Fair enough. I don’t remember the exact details but it was kinda low scoring till the 4th qrtr fireworks wasn’t it? I’ve lost so many sec unders like that the last 2-3 years
We were up 16-13 to start the 4th. Texas scored a TD and then Milroe threw that horrible INT right after deep in our own territory. We cut it back to 3 on the next drive, but the defense was gassed and Sark is the best play caller in football, and we were toast

We were up 16-13 to start the 4th. Texas scored a TD and then Milroe threw that horrible INT right after deep in our own territory. We cut it back to 3 on the next drive, but the defense was gassed and Sark is the best play caller in football, and we were toast

Bama has gotten so much better since that game: I dunno if it Milroe improving or they just figured out how to use him much better. He still drives me crazy the way he not only doesn’t throw the ball away but he manages to turn a 5-6 yard sack into a 20 yard loss!! If they could break him of that they would really have something!! Just gotta avoid having him throw very many those intermediate routes and reading defenses! He did disappoint me under throwing Burton when he had 4-5 steps but getting the penalty. That shoulda cashed my over passing yard prop, he usually money on the deep balls!!

What kind of reward does Michigan get for being #1 by possibly having to play #4 Alabama?
The #1 seed has had the harder game several years, because the committee always puts an undefeated team from a lesser conference in the 2/3 slots, and a 1 loss great team at 4

I think saying bama got smoked a bit a overstatement. That was a pretty good game and I think we prob agree bama has gotten drastically better as the year has went on. To your point tho, ol miss prob loses to tulane if Pratt woulda played that game so yea the out of conf showing by the sec was far from impressive. I’d prob debate lsu “got smoked” also. They were the better team in the 1st half and really 2 3td down drops the only reason that game didn’t come down to the wire. Of course fsu did score practically every drive after halftime, as we learned lsu defense was a freaking abomination!! Lol.

Still think it way easier to leave out the ACC champ without a qb than bama. I know you would feel way better facing fsu than bama! Not saying Michigan can’t or won’t beat bama but it be a damn site better game. Noles wouldn’t score a point on your squad!

Yeah no idea how anyone could say got smoked. Was a close game where Bama made mistakes - way different team than they are now.

Yep. Is FSU really gonna get screwed here? With a little more parity, this 12 team playoff is going to awesome.

Meh, im torn. I do think it will eventually be very good but I hate the way it kills the last 2 weeks the regular season. Championship week will be meaningless and I think that sucks.

Fsu got screwed when their qb broke his leg. They really don’t belong. If they woulda had that freshman come in and throw some bombs to those stud wrs I’d maybe fight for them but watching that trash against a crappy ville team I have no interest seeing them get shut out by Michigan! I know it isn’t really fair but who wants a team in the playoff who would have a team total under 7?? Lol

Love the Hawaii bowl. Probably more entertaining than a playoff without an SEC Champ or the 2x back to back.
They’re playing it December 23rd this year because of the NFL. With the chaos that goes on in our house Christmas Eve, I always step out onto the deck with a good scotch to watch this game.

They’re playing it December 23rd this year because of the NFL. With the chaos that goes on in our house Christmas Eve, I always step out onto the deck with a good scotch to watch this game.
This on Christmas Eve was always a nice escape from the family for me too.

They aren't supposed to look at matchups, but we all know they do

Oh it always been all bout the money. They have made the matchups and let in several teams who didn’t deserve to be in just to get the matchup that would draw most ratings. Mfers have no problem putting in Ohio st when they can’t even win their conf cause the fan base! Now that I think of it, why can’t they leave out a undefeated conf champ? They put in teams who couldn’t even win their own conf, how stupid is that?

I don't really care haha. Not an SEC guy but the dance seems down this year. Expansion wins.

If they put in bama and leave out fsu it feels like a great playoff to me. Fsu getting in makes it far less intriguing.

Now that I think bout it didn’t Uga win one their championships after bama beat them in sec champ? So they really don’t even deserve to have one of them. I don’t like going to 12 cause I think it deems the last 2 weeks meaningless but now that I think bout it they mostly are anyways! They have never been able to get this thing right. In the past the way to go would have been all the conf champs and a wild card. Never understood how you could be national champ without winning your damn conf?!?!!?? Of course now we gonna have 20 team conferences where there be no way to even tell who the best team is!! God they are just killing this shit.

If they put in bama and leave out fsu it feels like a great playoff to me. Fsu getting in makes it far less intriguing.

Now that I think bout it didn’t Uga win one their championships after bama beat them in sec champ? So they really don’t even deserve to have one of them. I don’t like going to 12 cause I think it deems the last 2 weeks meaningless but now that I think bout it they mostly are anyways! They have never been able to get this thing right. In the past the way to go would have been all the conf champs and a wild card. Never understood how you could be national champ without winning your damn conf?!?!!?? Of course now we gonna have 20 team conferences where there be no way to even tell who the best team is!! God they are just killing this shit.
Yes we beat UGA in 2021 SEC CG, then they beat us in rematch. Alabama won natty in 2011 and 2017 without winning conference, but we didn't lose the SEC CG. TCU got in last season after losing Big 12 title game. Ohio St also in last year without playing in conference champ game

Sankey wanted the 12 team playoff to start this year. ACC, B1G, and Pac 12 blocked it
Liberty would have been in this 12 team format. Just imagine having Oregon, Ohio State, Florida St and Georgia still alive? I can’t wait for this next year. Hopefully we get a little more parity like we’ve had this year.

My local, who uses a site I think is in costa rica, has:

Bama to make playoffs @ Yes -140 and No @ +105
Bama vs MI -2
Wash v Texas -3.5

I took Bama +2 and Washington +3.5 for 3 units each - who knows where I'll be when/if game day

Yes we beat UGA in 2021 SEC CG, then they beat us in rematch. Alabama won natty in 2011 and 2017 without winning conference, but we didn't lose the SEC CG. TCU got in last season after losing Big 12 title game. Ohio St also in last year without playing in conference champ game

Like I was saying. They have never managed to get this shit right!! And now making these super conferences it won’t make a bit of difference cause we won’t even know who the best team in the conf is as they won’t even all be playing each other. Hence the 12 team playoff I guess. It’s whatever, I only let it annoy me 1-2 days a year, rest the time I just want games to bet on: it really is a travesty what they doing to the sport tho: They had a great opportunity as the nfl product gets worse every year but they seem hell bent on the same thing the nfl is, just getting as much money as they possibly can!! As if they don’t make enough!! Within a few years the parity will be greater and the 12 team playoff will be very good im sure. End of day all I care is they give us good games to bet! Lol.

Remember, Xavier Worthy was on crutches after what looked like an ankle....I'd bet sprained. Probably be ok by January 1st?

I just bet UM, UW, FSU, Texas +170 in that order. I didn't want more than a unit but I had 3u in there from earlier and I didn't notice it. Won't let me cancel. Oh, well

I guess I really don’t care. I’d be excited to see Michigan/bama and Washington/Texas but I’ll also be happy making free money on Michigan blasting fsu.

If they let fsu in maybe they 3rd not 4th? Why would texas jump fsu? In that case huskies would be what -17 vs fsu? Lol, Michigan/texas could be good

I guess I really don’t care. I’d be excited to see Michigan/bama and Washington/Texas but I’ll also be happy making free money on Michigan blasting fsu.
Just playing devil's advocate. Florida State offense had more yards yesterday than Michigan did vs Iowa. Michigan only had two touchdowns because of a punt return and fumble. Florida State's defense is better than Iowa's in my opinion

FSU needs to be in. I came away more impressed with florida state tonight then I have all year - i thought they were a soft offensive based team with weak defense - i've been writing all their performances off all year after boston collegte

This team put out the best defensive performance of any playoff team on the year. Massive grit.

All the teams are down so why can't FSU compete ?? if we knew it all oregon should be in and they shouldn't of even played that game

The backup rodemacker should be healthy by playoffs - FSU has as good a resume as anybody. Beating LSU as handily as bama.
And he'll have had a lot of snaps with the 1's.

Seems to be settling in toward Mich, UW, Texas and Bama. I think most everyone will be surprised if this isn't what we see later this morning.

Take the over in UW / Texas. Penix will have a field day with Horns secondary. Surprised that we would be favored in this.

I think most people would be very surprised to see this. Not sure where you are getting your info?

Just playing devil's advocate. Florida State offense had more yards yesterday than Michigan did vs Iowa. Michigan only had two touchdowns because of a punt return and fumble. Florida State's defense is better than Iowa's in my opinion

Oh I don’t think I agree w that. Clemson moved the ball all over fsu d. Plus fsu not scoring a point in Michigan with that offense they ran last 2 weeks. Iowa built in a way more equip to defend Michigan imo. Im pretty confident Michigan would not only push fsu d around but then they would hit them with play action

How can you leave FSU at home. If this was Dabo and Clemson it wouldn’t be discussed.

Total
Bullshit

Back