• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

***Season Long NCAA In-Game***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the sick gambler in me, just realized I've been dabbling in stocks this year and I'm up more there than my losses in gambling....so I immediately felt good lol

talking to a client the other day and trying to give hin some props on the performance of his hedge fund.....he deadpans me...."eveyone's hedge fund is up this year"........made me laugh my ass off

Awesome. As we know what comes up will go down. Some ride we've been on. It will cras again at some point.

yea it has been crazy following it. I'm smart enough to know I don't know anything so I basically just do what my friends tell me to do. the only things i buy is what is within my industry - digital marketing and what i know

talking to a client the other day and trying to give hin some props on the performance of his hedge fund.....he deadpans me...."eveyone's hedge fund is up this year"........made me laugh my ass off
yea i think the average is 18 or 20% YTD?

If you are young you can withstand any loss. It is the guys 55 who see their 401k evaporate I feel bad for.

i wish i knew how to analyze stocks and know what to buy but most just say it is a crap shoot but i always assume there has to be an angle.

jfc didn't realize it would turn into that but the ultimate drug:

TRUST

give two fucks about the rest of it

People have said "buy and hold is dead, you can't do that anymore". Bullshit. If you buy quality you don/t need to be selling and guessing. All I ever did mostly was buy and hold and always came out better after the recessions for it.

People have said "buy and hold is dead, you can't do that anymore". Bullshit. If you buy quality you don/t need to be selling and guessing. All I ever did mostly was buy and hold and always came out better after the recessions for it.
Buy more on the recession. It will climb. Get it at a lower price. Once it climbs out. Move your secondary investment around to diversify.

I've been selling 1% a month the last two years. Pretty awesome because account values keep going up and don't even notice the 1% being gone. Then we diversify with other stuff like books says. Just don't sell in the crash unless you are holding garbage.

I think I am too diversified to be honest and should probably consolidate. I have money through Chase management, a wealth management product, 401k, and then an IRA with Fidelity.... oh and the 3 positions I bought myself

I hold several mutual funds that dump profit into an IRA. Once it tops out, goes into a cash account that is used for stocks. Has worked for me, as I have not seen a year that has not maxed my deferred investment.

SHOP @ $68.50, now $103
FB @ $178.50, now $177
NVDA @ $144, now $195

no real plan on selling any of these just sort of fun to watch here and there.

I have lots of sources like that too, but with each source I typically have just one stock or fund. So my 401k is all in one thing. My iras are each in one thing but different than the 401k. Watch those banker investment fees, they can get you and their returns generally lag. Sometimes they sell different share classes with different expenses then a regular broker could get you.

I hold several mutual funds that dump profit into an IRA. Once it tops out, goes into a cash account that is used for stocks. Has worked for me, as I have not seen a year that has not maxed my deferred investment.
yea i should do something like this, it sort of just got away from me where i had three 401ks from various jobs, i consolidated into fidelity. Then years ago Chase was like "hey we can manage your savings"... me not knowing a thing "ok, go ahead". find out charging 4% or something ridiculous so I took it away from them and moved into an IRA with Fidelity.

Then I did the wealth mgmt product.... then i got more savings so manage it myself through Chase. Should probably find a way to consolidate it all and just manage in one spot.

I was able to get in on Tesla IPO shortly after release. Bought 500 shares, just under $20. Last I checked, it was over $300. That is my cash cow.

Eventually stocks split to increase wealth by providing more investors the opportunity to purchase.
ah, I think Shopify might but i really do not follow any of it closely. I just know of each of them because in an indirect way tied to my profession so saw a place for them to pop.

Except Facebook, i mean everyone knows that but I'm in digial advertisign and they are the one Social platform that folks actually spend money with and is why they climb while Twitter, Snapchat, etc. stink. Very hard for advertisers to spend money with them

I was able to get in on Tesla IPO shortly after release. Bought 500 shares, just under $20. Last I checked, it was over $300. That is my cash cow.
This is one of the main ones my coworkers were buying a few years ago, this and Netlifx haha. I would hear them talking about "buy Tesla" for months. I am just late to the game now

FB is not going anywhere. That should be a solid performer for years
and Instagram will continue to grow and are taking Snapchat's share in marketplace too. Clients keep pouring money into FB.... Google is still tops by a big margin, but FB in the next 2 years will be a clear cut 2nd

This is one of the main ones my coworkers were buying a few years ago, this and Netlifx haha. I would hear them talking about "buy Tesla" for months. I am just late to the game now
I got this around 10 years ago. The alternative fuel conversation was still going on. This seemed like a good alternative. I can’t take credit for the idea. My advisor deserves the glory, I’ll take the money.

man, today was not the day to go overboard with increased units...actually i think the 4x this year ive gone down this road I've gotten destroyed. Funny how that works out, go big auto losses everywhere. Stay to 1unit and I win.

man, today was not the day to go overboard with increased units...actually i think the 4x this year ive gone down this road I've gotten destroyed. Funny how that works out, go big auto losses everywhere. Stay to 1unit and I win.
I know the feeling. I typically flat bet. When I do get confident, seems like the oddsmakers are one step ahead.

GL the rest of the night. Hitting the sack. Writing off all current wagers and hope to wake up to a pleasant surprise.

Jesus can I give a thousand to one of you guys to invest in stuff for me and you keep a percentage of the profit for the labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back