SB 50 Discussion

I'm not sure - my boss got them for me as a gift. They are going for about 7k for 2 on eBay.

But our flights / hotel / car / is 3k and we're staying in Palo Alto.
Nice. That's a helluva boss. I actually work in Palo Alto, well Stanford but same thing. You picked a very expensive area. Anyways, have fun.

Nice. That's a helluva boss. I actually work in Palo Alto, well Stanford but same thing. You picked a very expensive area. Anyways, have fun.

Yea - I'm pretty fortunate really. He's a super good guy too.

Palo Alto was in kinda in the middle and cheaper than San Fran or Santa Clara. The killer was the airfare.

We're going to golf on Monday - any suggestions? We're thinking TPC Harding Park, but would love to hear suggestions.

throwing-money-away.gif

You should have married the redhead - we could have all gone together.

Yea - I'm pretty fortunate really. He's a super good guy too.

Palo Alto was in kinda in the middle and cheaper than San Fran or Santa Clara. The killer was the airfare.

We're going to golf on Monday - any suggestions? We're thinking TPC Harding Park, but would love to hear suggestions.
I'm not a golpher so wouldn't know where to go. But hopefully the weather will be ok to golf. Currently right now it's raining but I think it'll be fine, just overcast for Monday.

I'm not a golpher so wouldn't know where to go. But hopefully the weather will be ok to golf. Currently right now it's raining but I think it'll be fine, just overcast for Monday.

I'm hoping the weather is good for the bowl and golf. If it's bad we'll cancel golf, and will throw on a poncho for the game.

Can't go wrong with Harding. I play a lot. All over. I work at a golf resort too. Played everywhere in the Bay Area.

the game does kinda look like a mismatch but I thought the Pats would handle the broncos....the major advantage the broncs had in that game was the noise factor...they have the biggest home field advantage in the nfl since like the 60's....it was so loud that brady couldn't audible at the line and they had to go with a silent snap count and by the 4th the bronco d had figured out the timing and they just pulverized brady,,,,that coupled with an offensive line that was horrid and the broncos won...by 2....and take away the gift td that the pats turnover gave the broncos and they only score 13 in that game....pats d played really well though.....after the opening drive they really only gave up 6 points...i see a low scoring game with the broncos maybe only getting to 13-17 and the panthers probably putting up 24-27....probably just a second half play for me and maybe a panther tease to the under

The Broncos beat the pats because the pats are not a balanced football team. The panthers can run the ball and they are very well balanced.

Im worried about the stage being a bit too big for the panthers but what eases my worries is Cam's attitude. No matter if you agree or disagree with his views.... He believes in what he's saying and that is motivating and fueling him

The Broncos beat the pats because the pats are not a balanced football team. The panthers can run the ball and they are very well balanced.

Im worried about the stage being a bit too big for the panthers but what eases my worries is Cam's attitude. No matter if you agree or disagree with his views.... He believes in what he's saying and that is motivating and fueling him

Cam had no issues with the National Championship stage. He's an amazing QB and I don't think the stage will be too big.

Which one of these teams have played the easier schedule so far this season?

Carolina played the easier regular season schedule facing 2 playoff teams (Sea and GB) going 2-0, while Denver played 4 (Chiefs x2, GB, NE and Pitt) going 3-2. The Chiefs loss was where PFM threw for 20 yards & 4 picks before being pulled. He was treated for planter fasciitis and missed the next 6 games (the last one by he was benched for Brock). Pitt made an amazing comeback to win one of those games. The common opponent was playing GB at home. Denver won 29-10 on 11/1 and Carolina won 37-29 on 11/8. Denver handed GB their first loss and held them to their lowest total of the season.

Denver played the easier playoff schedule. Denver played 2 good teams, but they were both hobbled by injuries.

Oh im not worried about Cam at all.... its the other 52 guys

The Broncos major advantage is they were just here 2 years ago and they were embarrassed.

Cam had no issues with the National Championship stage. He's an amazing QB and I don't think the stage will be too big.

Carolina played the easier regular season schedule facing 2 playoff teams (Sea and GB) going 2-0, while Denver played 4 (Chiefs x2, GB, NE and Pitt) going 3-2. The Chiefs loss was where PFM threw for 20 yards & 4 picks before being pulled. He was treated for planter fasciitis and missed the next 6 games (the last one by he was benched for Brock). Pitt made an amazing comeback to win one of those games. The common opponent was playing GB at home. Denver won 29-10 on 11/1 and Carolina won 37-29 on 11/8. Denver handed GB their first loss and held them to their lowest total of the season.

Denver played the easier playoff schedule. Denver played 2 good teams, but they were both hobbled by injuries.

Carolina played the Redskins and Texans in the regular season.

Denver played the Vikings.

Patriots weren't hobbled by injuries last week.

The Colts are another common opponent. Denver lost 27-24. Panthers won 29-26 in OT.

Carolina played the Redskins and Texans in the regular season.

Denver played the Vikings.

Patriots weren't hobbled by injuries last week.

The Colts are another common opponent. Denver lost 27-24. Panthers won 29-26 in OT.

Yea - looks like I left out the teams that lost in the wildcard round. Denver played Cincy also. So Carolina played 4 playoff teams going 4-0 and Denver played 6 (one twice) playoff teams going 5-2.

They did both play Indy - Denver lost by 3 @ Indy and Carolina won by 3 @ home. I was more focused on GB b/c they both played them at home.

I thought the Patriots were injured on the o-line and many of the other payers were playing hurt. Didn't know everyone was at, or close to, 100%. My bad.

Can't go wrong with Harding. I play a lot. All over. I work at a golf resort too. Played everywhere in the Bay Area.

Is it worth the drive to Monterey to play Spanish Bay or would you stay in the Bay Area and play Harding Park?

Love ya Take but hope your trip ends up like mine did to Glendale

Great game, hell of a time but your team loses. I lived it a month ago and it's not as bad as it sounds

Love ya Take but hope your trip ends up like mine did to Glendale

Great game, hell of a time but your team loses. I lived it a month ago and it's not as bad as it sounds

I experienced this in New Jersey (the loss part, not the great game part) and will pass on a repeat. Bronco's will show up to this game and give me a win :prayer

John Avello of @WynnLasVegas has taken a "few" six-figure bets on the Super Bowl at this point -- all of them on Carolina.

The most underdiscussed aspect of this game to me has got to be the Carolina Front 7 vs. the Broncos Offensive Line. Denver could hardly stop New England's front 7 from making Chicken Parm continually feel pressured...I just see this as a major advantage to Carolina that nobody talks about. Denver has to be able to run the ball, not turn it over, somewhat control Cam and try to slow down Carolina from running the ball. And that's not even counting on 18 and how he plays because it's pretty obvious this is his last game. I just don't see Denver being able to do all of those things...this game has similarities to the Seattle SB 2 years ago...don't think Cam and crew roll like that, but can easily see a double digit victory.

Can Denver play the perfect game? Sure they could. And if 18 gets some time, Carolina's secondary can be exposed if you avoid Norman for the most part...but I just don't think Kubiak is a good coach at all and I think Wade won't be able to scheme enough stuff up to confuse a solid Carolina O line.

For entertainment sake I hope that game is close, but I just can't see Cam getting shut down by any defense the way he is playing. And if you aren't shutting down 1, you aren't beating the Panthers this year.

the pats were beat up on the o line and had been for most of the year and for what it's worth when the pats defensive front seven played together this year they were very very good, they just never played together because of injuries so takeit is correct in assuming they were not at 100% and despite not being 100% the defense played a great game against denver and i do not agree that they lost because they were unbalanced,neither team was going to be able to run against the others front seven and neither of the teams in the sb will be able to run on the other imho and the pats lost because denver had home field and that's on the pats for laying down in miami....if that game is played in foxboro it has a totally different outcome...still can't see pfm (love that) getting to 20 in this game

one prop im looking into is over 2.5 players throw a pass in the game. it will be + a good amount of money. both teams have really good d-lines, wouldnt surprise me at all to see one of teh qbs shaken up and have to miss a few plays

I know you're not capable of explaining yourself but I'll ask anyways. How does it benefit the book to open at 3.5 and kickoff at 6, 6.5, or 7?

:popcorn:

The fact you think this line might end up at 6.5 or 7 just shows you have no clue what is going on

The fact you think this line might end up at 6.5 or 7 just shows you have no clue what is going on

But this isn't an answer. Omit the 6.5 and 7 from his comment...the line still moved 3 full points already. He's right.

But this isn't an answer. Omit the 6.5 and 7 from his comment...the line still moved 3 full points already. He's right.

No, hes not right, yet. If it moves back to open(or past open), like NE did, it was never a bad opening line.

Most books opened the line at 4 or 4.5, so that's only a 1.5 to 2 point movement. I expect it to end up close to where it started, and if that case, it was never a bad line to begin with, just like NE -3

one prop im looking into is over 2.5 players throw a pass in the game. it will be + a good amount of money. both teams have really good d-lines, wouldnt surprise me at all to see one of teh qbs shaken up and have to miss a few plays
this prop always intrigues me every year. agree with you all it takes is a wr pass or a rb throwing it and it'll hit. not to mention I wouldn't be surprised to see Ostweiller throw one for one reason or another.

SAN JOSE -- Sources told CBS affiliate KPIX Tuesday evening that Denver Broncos rookie safety and onetime Oakland resident Ryan Murphy was involved in a prostitution sting by San Jose police.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-denver-broncos-ryan-murphy-involved-in-prostitution-sting/

Bahaha. What an idiot really. He grew up in the area, is a professional athlete and couldn't get laid without going to a prostitute???

At least he doesn't play so it doesn't hurt us.

Bahaha. What an idiot really. He grew up in the area, is a professional athlete and couldn't get laid without going to a prostitute???

I will respond with a quote....

"You don't pay a prostitute to have sex with you, you pay them to leave afterwards" -- Charles Harper

If the Broncos go down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, do they pull Peyton?

I guess it would depend on how the 21-0 deficit came about. The thought of having to pull Manning in his last game has to be anathema to Kubiak so unless Manning is the primary cause of the 21-0 I think he stays in.

I guess it would depend on how the 21-0 deficit came about. The thought of having to pull Manning in his last game has to be anathema to Kubiak so unless Manning is the primary cause of the 21-0 I think he stays in.

Agreed. I think if he throws 4 picks he'll be pulled, but by that time it may be too late for a comeback. And Denver either wins or gets blown out in Super Bowls. lol

Even though I would love to see them throw Brock in for a drive or 2 since the defense will be preparing for Manning and they have very different styles.

If this gets to 7, or for those that want to buy up, I saw a good stat for betting the donkeys.

In the last 10 years, a total of 529 games involving the top three defenses, where the team was getting 7 or more, said team lost by more than 7 only 66 times, or cashed in at 87.5%. Top D's hang around.

I see braves panther rap video in post #3, and I raise you this. Man this is terrible.

[video=youtube;9eZLkxonvUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eZLkxonvUM[/video]

Back