SB 50 Discussion

Try finding an authentic Cam Newton on field jersey. It's impossible. The $300 ones. eBay, Craigslist.... Anywhere....

If we're going to reach back into college to talk about Cam buying a stolen computer, as well as asking to and getting paid by whatever school he transferred to, then why isn't anyone bringing up Peyton Manning's sexual assault his freshman year ? That along with his PED use makes him a much bigger douche in my eyes.

For me, he's just a douche for how he acts on the field. That's it.

Peyton and the "Omaha" is pretty douchey, so sure I would call him a douche as well.

If we're going to reach back into college to talk about Cam buying a stolen computer, as well as asking to and getting paid by whatever school he transferred to, then why isn't anyone bringing up Peyton Manning's sexual assault his freshman year ? That along with his PED use makes him a much bigger douche in my eyes.

Agree...it's unreal. Peyton's sexual abuse is just glossed over and never talked about

Are you guys referring to the lockerroom incident when he took his pants off and sat on the trainers face? So strange.

Its college. College kids do stupid things. Each one of us have probably done worse.

In which way? Just the "Omaha," or is there more?

I dont care about the on field antics as much as you. If the league doesn't care what they do on the field idk why you care so much.

Not saying it's a bad thing but Peyton is the ultimate control freak. If things aren't done on his terms, he wants no part of it. That's could turn some people off.

I dont care about the on field antics as much as you. If the league doesn't care what they do on the field idk why you care so much.

Not saying it's a bad thing but Peyton is the ultimate control freak. If things aren't done on his terms, he wants no part of it. That's could turn some people off.

Sure, we were talking about being a douche bag though, and you said Peyton was, so I asked you why you thought he was. He's a douche bag because he's a control freak? I've never heard a control freak referred to as a douche bag simply for being a control freak. Not sure how that even makes much sense.

I don't care about the on field antics, you still (somehow) don't seem to grasp that. The on field antics are why I call him a douche bag. Nothing more, nothing less. He can do whatever he'd like, it doesn't really bother me at all.....BUT it is why I consider him to be a douche bag. Does that clear it up for you?

This was the worst opening line. WTF were the line makers thinking? A research Mouse could have put the number at 6.

Won't happen. You can tease the hell out of Denver now with that line unless the books think it will be a blowout by Carolina.

Well saying it won't happen doesn't make it true. I said it could be possible, you're talking as if you know for certain. Seems legit.

Teasing this game. I want to tease Carolina so all they need to do is win straight up but I'm not sure if I should tease it to OVER 39 or UNDER 51. I think both look good, and both could win obviously, but what do you guys think is the better option? I hate taking UNDERS because anything can happen, especially turnovers to set up great field position and quick scores. But looking at both QB's, they both love to be in command of their respective offenses, winding that clock down with no hurry. Not to mention two of the better, if not best defenses in the league this year. I can see Carolina having success running the ball but I don't see Hillman or CJ having success against the Carolina D. I'm gonna hold the fort right now but wondering if anybody else had an opinion with the UNDER 51 tease.

Super Bowls usually go over lately, right? All those stoppages, the extra week to prepare in a league the D can't touch anyone, the shady NFL. I'd feel safer over 39 on a tease.

Probably would feel safer with an over 39 teaser as well, but most thought the same thing for the NE/Den game (as far as a tease) and it didn't get there. Like you said, always tough to bet unders as anything can happen. Tough call on the total for a teaser.

Super Bowls usually go over lately, right? All those stoppages, the extra week to prepare in a league the D can't touch anyone, the shady NFL. I'd feel safer over 39 on a tease.
If you go back to the last 10 super bowls, it's an even 5-5 for the OVER/UNDER. Shorter term though, in the last 5, we've had 4 of them go OVER. For watching though, I definitely prefer taking the OVER.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Super Bowl[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Year[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Location[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Matchup[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Line (Total)[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Score[/TD]
[TD="class: viSubHeader1 cellBorderR1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]ATS Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]L[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2016[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Santa Clara, CA[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextbold padLeft"]Carolina vs. Denver[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]-[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]-[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLIX[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2015[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Glendale, AZ[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextbold padLeft"]Seattle vs. New England[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pick 'em (47.5)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New England 28 Seattle 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Over[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLVIII[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2014[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]East Rutherford, NJ[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextbold padLeft"]Seattle vs. Denver[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Denver -2.5 (47.5)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Seattle 43 Denver 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Underdog-Over[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLVII[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2013[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New Orleans, LA[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]San Francisco vs. Baltimore[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]San Francisco -4.5 (48)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Baltimore 34 San Francisco 31[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Underdog-Over[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLVI[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2012[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Indianapolis, IN[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextbold padLeft"]N.Y. Giants vs. New England[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New England -2.5 (53)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]N.Y. Giants 21 New England 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Underdog-Under[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLV[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2011[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Arlington, TX[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Green Bay -3 (45)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Green Bay 31 Pittsburgh 25[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Favorite-Over[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLIV[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2010[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Miami, FL[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New Orleans vs. Indianapolis[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Indianapolis -5 (57)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New Orleans 31 Indianapolis 17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLIII[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2009[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Tampa, FL[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh vs. Arizona[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh -7 (46)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Underdog-Over[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLII[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2008[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Glendale, AZ[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]N.Y. Giants vs. New England[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]New England -12 (55)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]N.Y. Giants 17 New England 14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XLI[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2007[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Miami, FL[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Indianapolis vs. Chicago[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Indianapolis -7 (47)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Indianapolis 29 Chicago 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Favorite-Under[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]XL[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]2006[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Detroit, MI[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh vs. Seattle[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh -4 (47)[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Pittsburgh 21 Seattle 10[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Favorite-Under[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

As for the side, out of the last 10 the dog has won 6 and the fave has won 3. Last year was considered a pick em. Interesting with that chart is only one favorite has covered in the last 7-8 years (Green Bay).

I def feel more comfortable teasing the over ( as opposed to under). For as slow as that New England game was, it was still just an extra point away from going over 40 pts. I think Car can get to 28-30 pts on their own here.

I dont see the panthers winning in a close game. I think im just going to end up playing an alternate line on game day

I think TTo26 is a good play. Eliminates the chance of a backdoor cover. Car has beat that number 15 of L16 games. Pit gets there without the fumble. NE came up empty in the red zone a few times. Not being able to run the ball (actually, not even trying) in the red zone (and Den not having to respect the run) lead to those stalled drives. Car does not have that problem

This was the worst opening line. WTF were the line makers thinking? A research Mouse could have put the number at 6.

Not the worst, this line was perfect.

Worst was the Rams laying 2 TD's vs the Pats back in 2001.

Was in Vegas that weekend, was insane.

ML'd Brady hard, hit the spread 15 different ways.

Dined on fine pussy and the blanca for days after that.

Great fucking weekend/week.

Gonna sit back and watch this line rise.

One thing to look at could be the potential weather. In this El Nino year, we've had some pretty decent downpours compared to what we usually get here. We won't know the actual weather till probably a day or two before cause we all know how these weather people suck.

Not the worst, this line was perfect.

Worst was the Rams laying 2 TD's vs the Pats back in 2001.

Was in Vegas that weekend, was insane.

ML'd Brady hard, hit the spread 15 different ways.

Dined on fine pussy and the blanca for days after that.

Great fucking weekend/week.

Gonna sit back and watch this line rise.

If by perfect you mean severely flawed then we agree.

Denver needs to win the turnover battle and make something happen on special teams for this game to be close.

If I've read through everything it looks like there are just a few people on Denver: CKR, Metallica, Alex, emkee (I think), Au_Domer, wizardofodd. I like the group on Denver :)

I probably won't bet the game, but we are going to the game. I think Denver can win but am REALLY hoping that if they lose it will at least be a good game.

If I've read through everything it looks like there are just a few people on Denver: CKR, Metallica, Alex, emkee (I think), Au_Domer, wizardofodd. I like the group on Denver :)

I probably won't bet the game, but we are going to the game. I think Denver can win but am REALLY hoping that if they lose it will at least be a good game.

At this stage, yes.

Sorry you had to read my slightly expletive and slightly inappropriate post to find out.

Those years are behind me now.

Slips my mind that the fairer sex reads this forum
icon7.png

LOL enjoy take

Can't help but feel like this game is 49ers/Chargers, haven't felt like the SB has been such a mismatch since that one, before I was even gambling. Hard to touch this thing but a 30+ point victory wouldn't surprise me, shocked they can't line it that high. Gonna love all the contrarian business leading up I guess.

At this stage, yes.

Sorry you had to read my slightly expletive and slightly inappropriate post to find out.

Those years are behind me now.

Slips my mind that the fairer sex reads this forum
icon7.png

Oh please be as expletive and inappropriate as you want - nothing like that shocks me or offends me. Especially since you're on the Broncos :)

Low scoring game, protect the ball, run the clock and hope you're in it in the 4th qtr, gotta be the Broncos mindset I'd think.

LOL enjoy take

Can't help but feel like this game is 49ers/Chargers, haven't felt like the SB has been such a mismatch since that one, before I was even gambling. Hard to touch this thing but a 30+ point victory wouldn't surprise me, shocked they can't line it that high. Gonna love all the contrarian business leading up I guess.

My guess is people are feeling about the Broncos in the game as they felt about the home dogs in all these games. Here are the scores:

NE @ Denver - 20-18 Denver - home dog wins
SF @ Caro - 23-10 SF - visitor wins
Balt @ KC - 30-7 Balt - visitor wins
GB @ Zona - 51-45 Zona - home dog wins
Indy @ SD - 23-17 SD - home dog wins
Tenn @ Balt - 20-17 Tenn - visitor wins

So 6 games where more than 70% of the public is on one side and it's 50/50.

I would not be surprised if the Bronco's won the game and I would not be surprised if they lost by 30+. I'm usually wrong with my initial gut reaction when it comes to the Bronco's - when I think they're going to get killed, they win and when I think they're going to blow someone away, they lose. My first thought was that we were going to get killed so I'm hoping I'm wrong again.

Mike Carey is now listed at +100 to be wrong about at least one challenge during the Super Bowl.

:rofl:

If it was consistent with season results it would be -1600 or so, there was a game I think that he was correct a couple times

Holding a +4.5 (-115) Denver ticket.

I'll be in Vegas for the game as its also a bachelor party!!!!

Some props I'm looking to play
-1H U23
-Carolina more 1st downs
-Defense or ST TD YES

The 1st downs bet makes sense the way Cam runs and can move the pocket. Seems even safer than ML bet. I feel like you will only pay -150-175 on this one which is waaaay better than juiced ML. If Panthers win they win this too, hell they could lose and you still probably win this one.

Most SB start slow and then the flood gates open in the 2H it seems.

With 2 great defenses this looks good. Also, Manning has not turned the ball over in like 2 games. He either continues this and wins outright or throws 2 picks, probably one for a TD as I see it.

the game does kinda look like a mismatch but I thought the Pats would handle the broncos....the major advantage the broncs had in that game was the noise factor...they have the biggest home field advantage in the nfl since like the 60's....it was so loud that brady couldn't audible at the line and they had to go with a silent snap count and by the 4th the bronco d had figured out the timing and they just pulverized brady,,,,that coupled with an offensive line that was horrid and the broncos won...by 2....and take away the gift td that the pats turnover gave the broncos and they only score 13 in that game....pats d played really well though.....after the opening drive they really only gave up 6 points...i see a low scoring game with the broncos maybe only getting to 13-17 and the panthers probably putting up 24-27....probably just a second half play for me and maybe a panther tease to the under

Last edited:
Pretty much what every donk thought when they got NE at -3 and thought they had the lock of the year

The opening line was a bad job by the line makers. What side wins is irrelevant.

Back