Saratoga Race Course 2014

Saratoga Race Course will HOST five graded stakes on the flat next week, beginning with the Grade 1, $500,000 Personal Ensign, a 1 1/8-mile race for fillies and mares, on Friday. The Personal Ensign is a Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" race in the Distaff Division.
Multiple graded stakes winner Princess of Sylmar, who captured a pair of Grade 1 races at Saratoga last summer, looks for her third straight Grade 1 win at the Spa in the Personal Ensign, having won last year's Coaching Club American Oaks and Alabama. Trained by Todd Pletcher for King of Prussia Stable, the 4-year-old Majestic Warrior filly has been second in each of her starts this year, the Grade 1 Ogden Phipps and the Grade 1 Delaware Handicap.
Close Hatches edged Princess of Sylmar by a head in the Ogden Phipps to run her win streak to three races, all in graded stakes, including the Grade 1 Apple Blossom in April. Belle Gallantey has picked up half of her eight career wins this year, most recently going gate to wire to beat Princess of Sylmar by 2 ¾ lengths in Delaware. Also expected for the Personal Ensign are multiple graded stakes winner Fiftyshadesofhay, Grade 2 Molly Pitcher winner Majestic River, and Grade 3 winners Antipathy and Stanwyck.
The field is taking shape for the Grade 1, $1.25 million Travers, to be run for the 145th time on Saturday, August 23. Sharing the card with the 1 ¼-mile Mid-Summer Derby for 3-year-olds will be the Grade 1, $500,000 Ketel One King's Bishop for 3-year-old sprinters at seven furlongs; the Grade 1, $500,000 Ballerina for female sprinters 3 and up, also at seven-eighths; and the Grade 2, $250,000 Ballston Spa for fillies and mare 3 and up going 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Grade 1 Belmont Stakes winner Tonalist returns from a runner-up finish in the Grade 2 Jim Dandy in the Travers, where he will renew his rivalry with Jim Dandy winner Wicked Strong, who won the Grade 1 TwinSpires.com Wood Memorial and dead-heated with Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner California Chrome for third in the Belmont.
Bayern is coming into the Travers off victories in the Grade 1 Haskell Invitational and Grade 2 Woody Stephens, while Mr Speaker won the Grade 1 Belmont Derby Invitational on grass at the Travers' 1 ¼-mile distance in his most recent start. Canadian classic winner Coltimus Prime will be making his third start in the U.S. after taking the second leg of his country's Triple Crown, the Prince of Wales Stakes on July 29 at Fort Erie.
Also eyeing the Travers are Grade 3 Dwyer winner Kid Cruz, third in the Jim Dandy; V.E. Day, Charge Now and Viva Majorca, first, second and fourth, respectively, in the 1 1/8-mile Curlin at Saratoga on July 25; Kentucky Derby runner-upCommanding Curve; and Ulbanbator, second in the Grade 3 Matt Winn and third in the Dwyer. Maiden winner C J's Awesome is possible.
Coup de Grace and C. Zee, the top two finishers from the Grade 2 Amsterdam on July 26, are expected to meet again in the Grade 1, $500,000 Ketel One King's Bishop, a seven-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Their competition likely will include lightly raced but promising colts Fast Anna and The Big Beast, as well as Myositis Dan, Noble Cornerstone, Noble Moon, and Wildcat Red. Indexical is possible.
The Grade 1, $500,000 Ballerina is expected to attract many of the top female sprinters on the East Coast. The seven-furlong Ballerina for 3-year-olds and up is a Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" race in the Filly & MareSprint division. The probables comprise Better Lucky, Geeky Gorgeous, Grace Hall, Heart Stealer, Hot Stones,La Verdad, My Miss Aurelia, My Wandy's Girl, and Voodoo Tales, and Willet. Artemis Agrotera is possible. Better Lucky, Grace Hall, and champion My Miss Aurelia were first, second, and third, respectively in the restricted Shine Again Stakes, which was contested July 21 over the Ballerina's course and distance.
Grade 1 winner Centre Court is expected to go after her second graded stakes victory at Saratoga in the Ballston Spa. The 5-year-old Smart Strike mare, trained by George "Rusty" Arnold, captured the Grade 2 Lake George and was second in the Grade 3 Lake Placid in 2012, won the Grade 1 Jenny Wiley in 2013 and the Grade 2 Honey Fox in 2013 and 2014. Also looking at the Ballston Spa are Grade 2 winner Assateague, who is 2-for-4 lifetime at Saratoga; Grade 3 winner Strathnaver; Filimbi, winner of the Spa's De La Rose Stakes on August 2; and Ready Signal.

R8: #5 is my "wise guy" horse of the day, 2 back ran 2nd beaten 3 lengths vs Arlington Million winner Hardest Core and in his last race I thought he ran better than todays fav Pyrite Mountain, who was in that same race and Trakus agrees as they have Pyrite Mountain running 28 feet less than winner North Star Boy and Shock Leader ran 4 feet less than winner, in recent years trainer Timmy Hills hasn't won a bunch of races @ Spa but all have been on turf.

R8: Win #5, DD #5/2,6 and a saver pk3 for pk4 #1/2,6/2,4,5 (against #1 but only one I didn't use in Pk4 that scares me)

I see Sanctify is running in the 3rd on Wednesday, 2nd choice at 3-1. Looks like a salty group, although the favorite is dropping in for a tag for the first time after being off 7 weeks, looks a little suspicious for the Rice barn. Not sure who wants the lead, the 2 and 7?

Stakes winners Empire Dreams and Captain Serious head the probable candidates for the $250,000 Albany for 3-year-olds, one of six stakes races for New York-breds scheduled for the inaugural Saratoga Showcase Day on Sunday.
Empire Dreams, a son of Patriot Act owned by West Point Thoroughbreds and TRAINED by Tom Albertrani, is 3-4-1 in nine starts and enters the 1 1/8-mile Albany off a 2 ½-length win the New York Derby on July 12 at Finger Lakes. Prior to that, he was second to Captain Serious in the Mike Lee on May 31 at Belmont.
Captain Serious, TRAINED by Mike Hushion for Barry Schwartz, has been no worse than third in five career starts, including a second-place finish in the Grade 3 Dwyer and a third in the Grade 2 Amsterdam on July 16 at Saratoga.
Rounding out the probables for the Albany are Effinex, Eye Luv Lulu, Free Mugatu, Little Daddy, and possibly Iced Over, according to NYRA stakes COORDINATOR Andrew Byrnes.
Listed as probable for the $200,000 Fleet Indian for 3-year-old fillies, also at 1 1/8 miles, are multiple stakes winnerFlipcup, most recently second in the Eternal Search at Woodbine; Canal Six, fifth in the mud facing her elders on July 27; and Alwaysinstilettos, Storied Lady and Jcs American Dream, second, third and fourth, respectively, behind winner Flipcup in the New York Oaks on July 12 at Finger Lakes. Saythreehailmary's and Star Grazing are possible.
The $150,000 West Point at 1 1/16 miles on the turf is expected to attract last year's winner, Hangover Kid, winner of the Grade 2 Bowling Green Handicap last time out; Lubash, winner of the 2012 edition of the West Point; recent allowance winner Notacatbutallama; Abilio, making his first start since being claimed by David Jacobson for Drawing Away Stable; Awesome Vision, fourth in the Evan Shipman last time out; Barrel of Love, most recently second in an allowance on August 3; multiple stakes winner King Kreesa, making his first start of 2014; and Street Game, who took a claiming race at on July 12 Monmouth Park.
The $150,000 Yaddo for fillies and mares on the turf will be headed by a pair of Grade 1 winners - last year's heroine,Dayatthespa, who was second in the De La Rose last time out, and DISCREET Marq, most recently third in the Grade 1 Diana. Also expected are Effie Trinket, seeking her first win in 2014; Invading Humor, making her stakes debut;Palace Dreams, who took an optional claimer at the Yaddo distance of 1 1/16 miles on July 26, and Unbelievable Dream.

I see Sanctify is running in the 3rd on Wednesday, 2nd choice at 3-1. Looks like a salty group, although the favorite is dropping in for a tag for the first time after being off 7 weeks, looks a little suspicious for the Rice barn. Not sure who wants the lead, the 2 and 7?

Definite salty group and was surprised to be as low as 3-1ML, I would assume the 7 will want the lead more stretching out. The 2, although I don't think he is currently in top form, is gonna be to beat here, dropping down for a tag and back in with state breds. 5, is another who has been running against better and his race 2 back at the level looks like a live one with the 1st and 3rd place finishers coming back to win their next starts. 8, most likely has his best days behind him but certainly has the back class, hopefully he needs this one after the 9 month layoff and short work pattern. 3, might be dangerous here second time at the level and second off a layoff. As for Sanctify, Mott is concerned about the way he finished up with his head sideways which is something he thought he worked out after the first attempt on the turf. There was some experimentation with blinkers in training and I believe he settled on blinkers on just the right side, to try to straighten him out some. There were some thoughts about trying the Albany which is a relatively light field with a big purse but decided against switching back to dirt and wanted to tackle these other issues first.

Thanks for the thoughts Gandy, agree a little suspicious with the 2 being dropped for a tag especially since the West Point is on Sunday, a race he ran 2nd in last year.

Travers weekend will kickoff on Friday 8/22 with the G1 Personal Ensign:

[h=2]RACE 9[/h]5:15 PM
STAKES
Personal Ensign S.

Purse $500,000 FOR FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. 1 1/8 Miles (Dirt)

[TABLE="class: standardTable noPad, width: 766"]
<tbody style="border-top-style: none; ">[TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]PP[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]Horse[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]Virtual Stable[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]A/S[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]Med[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]Jockey[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]WGT[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #E6E2C9"]Trainer[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Antipathy (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]4/F[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr.[/TD]
[TD]118[/TD]
[TD]K P. McLaughlin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alternate, bgcolor: #E7E7E7"]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Stanwyck (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]5/M[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]R Maragh[/TD]
[TD]116[/TD]
[TD]J A. Shirreffs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Majestic River (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]4/F[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]R Napravnik[/TD]
[TD]118[/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Fiftyshadesofhay (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]4/F[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]J R. Velazquez[/TD]
[TD]118[/TD]
[TD]B Baffert[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Belle Gallantey (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]5/M[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]J L. Ortiz[/TD]
[TD]120[/TD]
[TD]R R. Rodriguez[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Close Hatches (KY)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]4/F[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]J Rosario[/TD]
[TD]123[/TD]
[TD]W I. Mott[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Princess of Sylmar (PA)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl09_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox" name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl09$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" style="font-size: 1em; vertical-align: middle; ">[/TD]
[TD]4/F[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]J Castellano[/TD]
[TD]123[/TD]
[TD]T A. Pletcher[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input type="button" class="btn" value="Add" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight: bold; padding-top: 6px; padding-bottom: 6px; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgb(146, 146, 146) 0px, rgb(84, 82, 85) 100%); text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 1px 1px 1px; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; box-shadow: rgb(34, 34, 34) 0px 1px 3px; -webkit-box-shadow: rgb(34, 34, 34) 0px 1px 3px; ">[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Owners: 1 - Godolphin Racing LLC; 2 - Moss, Mr. and Mrs. Jerome S.; 3 - Bolton, George, Lipman, Barry and Natrona Racing Stable LLC; 4 - Watson, Karl, Pegram, Michael E. and Weitman, Paul; 5 - Dubb, Michael, Bethlehem Stables LLC and Aisquith, Gary; 6 - Juddmonte Farms, Inc.; 7 - King of Prussia Stable
Breeders: 1 - Darley; 2 - Mr. & Mrs. Jerome Moss; 3 - Briland Farm, Robert Mitchell &Stacy Mitchell; 4 - WinStar Farm, LLC; 5 - Pam and Martin Wygod; 6 - Millsec, LTD.; 7 - Ed Stanco
Equipment Changes: 7 - Princess of Sylmar - Blinkers

Post Positions were drwan for Saturday's Travers:

#1 Commanding Curve 15-1
#2 Bayern 2-1
#3 Charge Now 15-1
#4 VE Day 15-1
#5 Viva Majorca 20-1
#6 Tonalist 3-1
#7 Wicked Strong 7-2
#8 Kid Cruz 8-1
#9 Ulanbator 30-1
#10 Mr. Speaker 10-1

Grace Hall and My Wandy's Girl are both out of Satuday's Ballerina

[h=1]Grace Hall, My Wandy's Girl to miss Ballerina[/h]By David Grening

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – Graded stakes winners Grace Hall and My Wandy’s Girl, who were expected to run in Saturday’s Grade 1 Ballerina at Saratoga, will miss the race due to physical issues. The racing careers of both are also in question.
Grace Hall, the winner of the Grade 1 Spinaway here as a 2-year-old, injured a foot in a workout over the Oklahoma training track Aug. 11. According to trainer Bill Mott, Grace Hall was galloping out after the work when she shied from horses working on the Oklahoma turf course, which is slightly above the dirt course.
Grace Hall, 5, was away from the races for more than a year due to a broken coffin bone in her right front foot sustained in the 2013 Apple Blossom. Mott said “it’d be a little premature to say” whether Grace Hall’s racing career is over.
She has won 6 of 16 starts, including four graded stakes, and earned $1,546,360. She is owned by John Clay’s Alpha Delta Stables, which purchased her for $3.2 million at the Fasig-Tipton November sale following her 3-year-old season.
Meanwhile, My Wandy’s Girl likely will not race again. Trainer Mike Hushion said he needs to stop on the filly and won’t have time to have her ready to run before she is cataloged to sell this November.
“I haven’t been happy with the way she’s been training,” Hushion said.
It was not clear whether My Wandy’s Girl would sell as a broodmare prospect or a racing prospect.
My Wandy’s Girl, a 5-year-old daughter of Flower Alley who began her career in Puerto Rico, won 15 of 25 starts, including the Grade 2 Barbara Fritchie at Laurel Park this year.
Even with the defections of Grace Hall and My Wandy’s Girl, the Ballerina was still expected to draw a large field when entries were to be taken Wednesday. Expected to run are Artemis Agrotera, Better Lucky, Geeky Gorgeous, Hot Stones, Kipling’s Joy, La Verdad, My Miss Aurelia, Voodoo Tales, and Willet.
◗ Amira’s Prince, who was vanned off after finishing fifth in Sunday’s Grade 1 Sword Dancer, has a soft-tissue injury, according to his trainer, Mott. Amira’s Prince, a 5-year-old Irish-bred son of Teofilo, has a record of 5 wins from 15 starts and won the Mervin Muniz and Mac Diarmida, both Grade 2 stakes, in 2013.

Definite salty group and was surprised to be as low as 3-1ML, I would assume the 7 will want the lead more stretching out. The 2, although I don't think he is currently in top form, is gonna be to beat here, dropping down for a tag and back in with state breds. 5, is another who has been running against better and his race 2 back at the level looks like a live one with the 1st and 3rd place finishers coming back to win their next starts. 8, most likely has his best days behind him but certainly has the back class, hopefully he needs this one after the 9 month layoff and short work pattern. 3, might be dangerous here second time at the level and second off a layoff. As for Sanctify, Mott is concerned about the way he finished up with his head sideways which is something he thought he worked out after the first attempt on the turf. There was some experimentation with blinkers in training and I believe he settled on blinkers on just the right side, to try to straighten him out some. There were some thoughts about trying the Albany which is a relatively light field with a big purse but decided against switching back to dirt and wanted to tackle these other issues first.

Thanks for the thoughts Gandy, agree a little suspicious with the 2 being dropped for a tag especially since the West Point is on Sunday, a race he ran 2nd in last year.

Best of luck to you and your connections Lloyd. Big scratch of the 2 might put Sanctify into the role of favorite! It throws that race wide open though.

As for Wednesday's Pick 5:

Race 2 - Hard to buck the favorite #2 in here for Mott, dropping into maiden claiming, 3rd off the layoff, last effort broke poorly and dealt with some bumping and still ran at about the par speed for this level. Has been facing the best by far and running OK, the drop here should be just the ticket. #6 Status could be interesting here, 2nd time out, turning back and switching turf-dirt, moved from the Brown barn to Pat Reynolds who is sneaky good in these spots, gets the red hot Castellano on board and ran a near-bullet four furlong work last week.

Race 3 - Scratch of the 2 eliminates the class of the race and makes this the toughest race in the sequence. #7 stretching out figures to have the lead, Lezcano is a strong turf jock and DiPrima has strong ROI numbers on stretchouts and turf (A). #8 figures to press the pace and has 2013 back class that is good enough here (4 for 10 at 1 mile too), but his 9 months off at age 8 is a concern (B). #1 has struggled at this level his last three tries, but switches to Johnny V and Ryerson has a reputation for bringing home the occasional longshot (B). #6 Sanctify is still on the upswing and has no fear of facing elders (A). #4 gets a jockey upgrade as Irad Ortiz has been sensational on turf this year, and Vitali also has a +ROI with his turf starters (B). #5 hasn't won since 2012 but only missed by 2 lengths at this level two back, now drops back down to the level and gets Castellano, his PPs show he's been competitive against a lot of good horses (A). #3 will be running late and will need to work a trip, is turning back and was only 2 1/2 lengths back after fanning six wide last time. Not sure he'll see enough pace though to get there (B).

Race 4 - A tricky small field maiden claimer. The three 2nd timers ran to similar ratings, surprised to see two Pletcher's in here for the tag, with Johnny V jumping aboard the longer price. #5 showed the most early speed first out which is a plus, and was a close second two weeks ago. Of the firsters #6 looks the most likely to fire a good one, with Nicholas Esler running a +ROI for 2014 and a sharp 4 for 9 with firsters. 5,6 main, 2,3 on backups.

Race 5 - Pretty poor group of N2Ls for the Spa, with all but 3 already a failure at this level. Those three would be #2 Gingee, a loser by 22 and 23 lengths in to state-bred allowances, now cutting back from route to sprint with a trainer who's 0 for 28 in making that attempt. Horse is 0 for 4 at Saratoga and always a dozen or more points below the par at this level, no thanks. #7 and #8 are the other two dropping to this level for the first time and they both have shown some ability. 7 gets a trainer upgrade while 8 gets a jockey upgrade. The favorite is #5 Cajun Wedding, who gets a trainer upgrade to Maker and has been close at this level. Not the best choice but need to respect in the exotics. #6 is also dropping but tried and failed, hanging at this level three back under a different (and slightly better) trainer. A: 7,8 B: 5

Race 6 - 7 furlong finale to the pick 5 has four short prices (2,3,4 and 7) that all look like they can be competitive here, with 3 longshots look like they're in over their heads. Of the short prices I'm inclined to discard the 2 first, shipping in from the Midwest for the ice-cold McPeek barn. His mile effort in May at Churchill could win this, but Churchill wins have not translated well at the Spa this year. #3 has the connections and is lightly raced, coming off a six month layoff and has been training at the Spa all meet. #4 Bridgeville looks like he'll be on the engine and if he can duplicate his last effort at Parx he'll be tough to catch. #7 is the favorite and has run credible allowance level races at Belmont and very good in Puerto Rico stakes. A: 3,4,7 B: 2

Summary

Race 2 A:2 B:6
Race 3 A:5,6,7 B:1,3,4,8
Race 4 A:5,6 B:2,3
Race 5 A:7,8 B:5
Race 6 A: 3,4,7 B:2

All A's: 2/5,6,7/5,6/7,8/3,4,7 $18
A/1B: 6/5,6,7/5,6/7,8/3,4,7 $18
A/1B: 2/1,3,4,8/5,6/7,8/3,4,7 $24
A/1B: 2/5,6,7/2,3/7,8/3,4,7 $18
A/1B: 2/5,6,7/5,6/5/3,4,7 $9
A/1B: 2/5,6,7/5,6/7,8/2 $6

Total Cost - $83

BOL Lloyd. I've been waiting for #5 to run back, had him last time and thought he had a tough trip, have to come back with him.

R3: Win #5

Good effort by Sanctify, just couldn't quite reach a game Captain Gaughen. Trakus shows he ran about a length further than anyone in the top 6.

Thanks guys, even with the blinkers he fought the jockey a little bit changing leads at the top of the stretch which cost him a little momentum. Not a bad effort but certainly not his best either. Can't complain about a win and a place during a Spa meet.

R9: I do like #2 the best and also alive w/ #5 (GS and Pk4) but i'll play a saver DD to my pk4, DD #6/7

DMR R6: let's get #1 home in back end of pk3, also have #1,7 in middle part of a pk3 into #2 in R8, for R6: just added DD #1/2

Race 1: #5 Three Alarm Fire looks like the one to beat here, but will be using #4 Summit Moon at least underneath as this one might slip under the radar some and could be a real big price. Pletcher firster has been working lights out

R1: agree #5 looks good, tough trip in debut for trainer better 2nd out than 1st, broke step slow, rushed up wide to vie for lead, fought on to wire. Agree #4 is value and has a chance 2nd time out for Kimmel in here after chasing 3 wide in debut at Belmont, Kimmel with good numbers on 2nd time starting maidens, also looking at #8..Trombetta is 0 for the meet but Cosmic Gold has been against track bias in both of his starts, debut at Parx ran on dead rail and he was burried inside, was actually a joke that local rider would be so determined to stay on what is/was known as dead rail, but esp that day and then last out @ Spa chased wire to wire winner on inside/speed favoring track and that winner came back to run a bang up 2nd last Saturday..I'm against #2 who breaks from rail going 7F and has turf breading, not dirt.

Last edited:
finished thru Sun card and put together stakes for closing weekend, really looking forward to ending this meet on high note, so far so good but looking for a BIG hit and will be stepping out on some win bets during that span on horses i've been waiting to run back...that brings up #3 Abaco in R9. #7 is one to beat and i will play a saver exacta w/ her over Abaco but will have a good WIN bet on #3 and lean on #3 heavier in pk4's , Abaco had no chance in last and i was hoping she would run back in this spot that Shug was pointing towards, now 2nd off layoff.. in 7/19 race: slow start in paceless race, lost ground during 6 wide move, according to Trakus ran 40 feet more than winner, Somali Lemonade.

Back