Saratoga Race Course 2013

Brutal ride for Fiftyshadesofgold in the Adirondack, but after getting checked out on the backstretch Lanarie should've looked to swing here wide on the turn.

And a horse goes down in the stretch. Terrible race.

Ahhh, Monday’s at Saratoga. Well, Monday at work but with the HRTV.com feed on the computer, almost as good. The early pick 4 provides a lot of options of going as narrow or as wide as you like. I crafted a $20 “A” ticket which could go much higher when adding a “B” horse into the mix:

Race 2 – Bin Elusive (6) is favored on the cutback to 7 furlongs but she’ll need to repeat her June effort at Churchill and even then that just gets her in the mix. Seven Dreams (7) wasn’t right in the gate in her last effort and it showed. Now they run her right back at the same level, which is a positive. She has the best 7f effort in the field. I Just Wana Hav Fun (2) is dangerous for a wire job, but her two efforts at 7f or more have not been good enough to win at this level. Hailey’s Star (1) is a competent closer dropping in class, and the light bulb may have gone off for Kaitlyn’s Cat (3), who broke her maiden resoundingly last time and has run decent at the 7f distance in the past.
A’s – 6, 7 B’s – 1,2,3

Race 3 – With just five sprinting on the turf I’m willing to go with the two fastest early horses, Lignite (3) and Magical Moon (5). Mystic Love (1) was OK sprinting as a 2YO and now cuts back from 1 mile routes. She’s used to note breaking fast now, so there’s concern as to whether she can stay within hailing distances of the early burners. Little Sandy (6) could move forward trying grass but it would have to be a big jump.
A’s – 3,5 B’s – 1,6

Race 4 – Tough to figure Maiden route on the turf. 2, 4, 5, 6 all have obvious positives in terms of connections and experience. Saltine Warrior (10) has pedigree that could translate well to grass.
A’s – 2,4,5,6,10 B – 9 (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] start)

Race 5 – Typical maiden Saratoga mystery with all eight trying grass for the first time and six them on their maiden voyage. The Pletcher horse (7) runs his second off a sluggish first try. Due Diligence (8) has the star connections, breeding, and ran a bullet 5 furlong work. Vigorish draws in off the AE and gives this game a second try.
A’s 7,8 B - 9

not in love with this card but some opinions on later races...my main action will be tied into R7: #5 The Truth and K G - who was entered in an easier spot on Thurs and decides to run here instead, and the fact that Rudy scratched his other horse could also be a positive...Race 8: I liked #5 Hardened Wildcat the best and in p3's and p4's i'll also be using #2 Right to Vote and #7 Troilus and in R9: needed #6 Beer is Good last time, could get loose in here and i'll be on him again and also using #2...im against #5 Radiohead, not only because he was bet like couldn't lose last time and did but the fact that Jacobson has horrible numbers cutting back from route to sprint on turf...R10: gonna single #4 Edie, just don't like the rest...was going to use #10 Town Flirt as my 2nd horse but the fact that he's running w/ 2 Alum pads, I don't want him.

Brutal ride for Fiftyshadesofgold in the Adirondack, but after getting checked out on the backstretch Lanarie should've looked to swing here wide on the turn.

And a horse goes down in the stretch. Terrible race.
yup, thought there was a chance they would take my Matz horse down, that hurt...horrible ride by Lanarie like you said though.

not in love with this card but some opinions on later races...my main action will be tied into R7: #5 The Truth and K G - who was entered in an easier spot on Thurs and decides to run here instead, and the fact that Rudy scratched his other horse could also be a positive...Race 8: I liked #5 Hardened Wildcat the best and in p3's and p4's i'll also be using #2 Right to Vote and #7 Troilus and in R9: needed #6 Beer is Good last time, could get loose in here and i'll be on him again and also using #2...im against #5 Radiohead, not only because he was bet like couldn't lose last time and did but the fact that Jacobson has horrible numbers cutting back from route to sprint on turf...R10: gonna single #4 Edie, just don't like the rest...was going to use #10 Town Flirt as my 2nd horse but the fact that he's running w/ 2 Alum pads, I don't want him.

And also Cohen's #'s on turf: winning 4 of his last 110! Not sure how he ever gets grass mounts. Like the 1 as a bit of a class dropper at a price. Looks like he's moving forward as he gets used to turf.

Chad and Klaravich possibly have a turf sprinting star in the making, being that he's a half bro to Console...Due Diligence was tons in R5.

I can't make heads or tails of that Kid Russell stake, I can make a case for all 7. Either going to have to buy it or pass.

As a 3YO he just beat two older horses that were a combined 8 for 15 at seven panels, impressive.

yup, instead of running vs 3 yo's , in a much softer spot on Thurs...great call by Rudy

[h=2]Race 6[/h]3:35 PM CLAIMING $100,000

Purse $75,000 (UP TO $14,250 NYSBFOA) FOR THREE YEAR OLDS. Weight, 122 lbs. Non-winners of two races since June 15 Allowed 2 lbs. A Race Since Then Allowed 4 lbs. Claiming Price $100,000, For Each $12,500 To $75,000 1 lb. (Races where entered for $65,000 or less not considered). Six And One Half Furlongs (Dirt)
[TABLE="class: standardTable noPad, width: 0"]
<tbody sizset="5" sizcache="13">[TR]
[TH]PP[/TH]
[TH]Horse[/TH]
[TH]Virtual Stable[/TH]
[TH]A/S[/TH]
[TH]Med[/TH]
[TH]Claim $[/TH]
[TH]Jockey[/TH]
[TH]WGT[/TH]
[TH]Trainer[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row"]
[TD]1 [/TD]
[TD]The Truth and K G (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl02$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl02_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10006138~THE TRUTH AND K G"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]J L. Ortiz [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]R R. Rodriguez [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alternate"]
[TD]2 [/TD]
[TD]King Henny (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl03$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl03_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10004561~KING HENNY"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]J Rosario [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]S M. Asmussen [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3 [/TD]
[TD]Ration (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl04$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl04_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10012041~RATION"> [/TD]
[TD]3/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]S Bridgmohan [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]A M. Stall, Jr. [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4 [/TD]
[TD]Perilous Indian (MD) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl05$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl05_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10014579~PERILOUS INDIAN"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]R Napravnik [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]R W. Small [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5 [/TD]
[TD]Much Stronger (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl06$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl06_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10004675~MUCH STRONGER"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$75,000 [/TD]
[TD]J Castellano [/TD]
[TD]116 [/TD]
[TD]D Jacobson [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6 [/TD]
[TD]Two T's At Two B (FL) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl07$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl07_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10003131~TWO T'S AT TWO B"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]J Lezcano [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]K O'Connell [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7 [/TD]
[TD]Where's Dominic (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl08$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl08_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10002837~WHERE'S DOMINIC"> [/TD]
[TD]3/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]C H. Velasquez [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]M J. Trombetta [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8 [/TD]
[TD]Jumpinofftheedge (KY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl09$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl09_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl06$gvEntry$ctl09$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl06_gvEntry_ctl09_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO10013571~JUMPINOFFTHEEDGE"> [/TD]
[TD]3/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]$100,000 [/TD]
[TD]L Saez [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]P M. Serpe [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

SIX EUROS PRE-ENTER THE MILLION TO TAKE ON LITTLE MIKE
Defending Grade I Arlington Million champion Little Mike (trained by Dale Romans) was pre-entered along with thirteen others for the 31[SUP]st[/SUP] Arlington Million on Aug. 17. If the son of Spanish Steps proves victorious again for owner Priscilla Vaccarezza, he will have to defeat up to seven foreign interests, including three Group I winners – GusMay-Fer’s Indy Point (Richard Mandella) from Argentina via California, Godolphin Racing’s Hunter’s Light (Saeed bin Suroor) from the UAE and Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al Maktoum’s The Apache (Mike De Kock).
Also pre-entered from across the pond were Yvonne Jacques’ multiple Grade II-winning Grandeur (Jeremy Noseda), Giuliano Manfredini’s lightly raced Guest of Honour (Marco Botti), Pearl Bloodstock’s battle-tested gelding Side Glance (Andrew Balding) and Invictus’ improving Mull of Killough (Jane Chapple-Hyam).
The American contingent to challenge Little Mike is talented and deep. Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Real Solution (Chad Brown) exits a strong third-place finish behind the brilliant Point of Entry in the Grade I Manhattan Handicap, while Robert E. Courtney, Jr.’s Rahystrada (Byron Hughes) and Windy Hill Farm’s Nates Mineshaft (Anne Smith) exit strong victories over the local course.
While Nates Mineshaft won a classy turf allowance, Rahystrada took down the course and distance prep – the Grade III Arlington Handicap. Second in that race was Niall Racing’s fellow Million pre-entry Temeraine (Tom Proctor), an improving horse who outran his long odds. Dale Romans also pre-entered Donegal Racing’s Finnegans Wake, whose closing style would compliment his stablemate if both run.
A BEVY OF TALENT PRE-ENTERED FOR BEVERLY D.
Ten fillies, all stakes winners, were pre-entered in the Grade I Beverly D. Stakes on Friday, eight days in advance of America’s most prestigious filly and mare turf race outside of the Breeders’ Cup. Six pre-entries from the United States, two from England and one each from Ireland and Canada make the field an international affair.
Leading the likely field is Glen Hill Farm’s 2012 Beverly D. runner-up Marketing Mix (trained by Tom Proctor), a winner of nearly $2 million. Some of the most powerful ownerships in the world will line up to take on Marketing Mix. Juddmonte Farm’s Starformer (Bill Mott), Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Artemus Kitten (Mike Maker), Shadwell Stable’s Ausus (Danny Peitz) and Flaxman Holding’s Duntle (David Wachman) have been pre-entered for a piece of the $750,000 purse.
Ireland’s aforementioned Duntle, who would be a Group I winner if not for a disqualification last fall, leads the European invasion. Joining her from across the pond will be two England-based fillies – Alan D. Spence’s improving Gifted Girl (Paul Cole) and James Wigan’s Dank. The latter will be internationally renowned trainer Sir Michael Stoute’s first attempt in the Beverly D.
Hernandez Racing Club’s local Arlington star filly La Tia (Armando De La Cerda), Jim and Susan Hill’s Canadian graded stakes winner Solid Appeal (Reade Baker) and Etraham Farm’s five-time Grade I-placed Dream Peace (Chad Brown) round out the likely field.
SECRETARIAT COULD BE ROUND THREE FOR RYDILLUC AND JACK MILTON
Team Stallion Racing Stable’s highly regarded Rydilluc (trained by Gary Contessa) has been pre-entered in the Grade I Secretariat Stakes and leads 13 pre-entries for the marquee sophomore turf event. A winner of four of seven starts, including two graded turf stakes, the nearly black son of Medaglia d’Oro will likely renew his rivalry with Gary Barber’s Jack Milton (Todd Pletcher), against whom he has competed in his last two starts. Rydilluc conquered Jack Milton in the Penn Mile on June 1 by a length, then finished 11 lengths behind him in the Grade II Virginia Derby last out. Jack Milton lost a three-horse photo for the victory, checking in third, while 5-2 favorite Rydilluc wound up eighth.
Rydilluc and Jack Milton will be joined by Dennis Narlinger’s fellow Virginia Derby graduate Draw Two (Michelle Nihei), who in his previous race – an allowance at Belmont Park – defeated another pre-entry, Leonard Leveen and Michael Shanley’s Stormy Len (David Donk).
Stormy Len exits a tough beat when third in a three-horse photo finish in the Grade III American Derby – the local prep for the Secretariat – a nose behind multiple graded stakes-placed Admiral Kitten (Mike Maker). One of two pre-entries from Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s national leading stable, Admiral Kitten is joined by another homebred, Amen Kitten (Wesley Ward), who exits a third against older horses in a race named for their sire Kitten’s Joy.
Team Valor International, who took down the American Derby with Infinite Magic, sends out a new soldier from its equine army – Irish Group II winner First Cornerstone (Andy Oliver). Also invading from Europe will be Charles Fox’s Yeager (Jeremy Noseda) from England and His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visiyani (Alain De Royer-Dupré) from the same French connections who took down the Secretariat last year with Bayrir.
Peachtree Stable’s Balthazar (Dale Romans) and Juddmonte Farm’s Tattenham (Bill Mott) exit New York allowance runner-up finishes, while Raut LLC’s Bethel and Olympia Star, Inc.’s Golden Jason – both conditioned by Gennadi Dorochenko – round out the pre-entries for what will likely be a highly competitive renewal of the $500,000 race.
DARK COVE AND DANDINO HEADLINE AMERICAN ST. LEGER PRE-ENTRIES
The second running of the American St. Leger had 10 pre-entries, including a favorite from each side of the pond, a globetrotting Arlington veteran and a live pair of locals from one of Arlington’s leading owners. Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Dark Cove (trained by Mike Maker) – a winner of three straight graded turf marathons – was pre-entered to follow up his victory in the local prep Grade III Stars and Stripes a month ago. He will have to take on Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock’s Dandino (Marco Botti), an England-based representative from the same connections as last year’s winner Jakkalberry.
Mark Hawtin’s Wigmore Hall (Michael Bell) has been pre-entered to make his fourth consecutive appearance at the International Festival of Racing after finishing second in the 2010 Secretariat Stakes, fourth in the 2011 Million and seventh in last year’s Million. Team Block, leading owner by purses won at the 2012 Arlington meet, has pre-entered its two big homebreds – Ioya Bigtime and Suntracer – who exit finishing second and fourth, respectively, in the Stars and Stripes for trainer Chris Block.
The top three ranked trainers in the current Arlington standings each have thrown a pre-entry into the race. Gary and Mary West’s Code of Conduct (Wayne Catalano), Feel the Thunder Stable’s Cavalero (Mike Stidham) and Richard Ravin and Patricia’s Hope’s Ojos de Hielo (Larry Rivelli) have been tossed their respective hats in for a shot at the $400,000 purse. Shadwell Stable’s graded stakes-placed Najjaar (Danny Peitz) and Hiram Polk Jr. and David Richardson’s Harrods Creek (Bill Mott) round out the pre-entries

NATES MINESHAFT AND IOYA BIGTIME IMPRESSIVE IN FINAL DRILLS
Windy Hill Farm’s Nates Mineshaft put in his final work for next Saturday’s Grade I Arlington Million Sunday morning by going a solid three furlongs in :36.60 along the inner rail of the firm turf. With jockey E. T. Baird aboard, the son of Mineshaft went his final eighth in :12 flat and galloped out in :49.80.
Trainer Anne P. Smith was on horseback watching the work from the outer rail. “E. T. and I spoke beforehand and really wanted to get a sharp three-eighths, with a two-minute lick and make sure he galloped out well. I really wanted to make sure E. T. felt confident in what he had underneath of him going into such a big race,” the conditioner said. “He came back in pretty good shape.”
In her first year as a head trainer, Smith will be trying to get the confirmed frontrunner to stretch a quarter mile farther than he has ever competed on the grass. “He’s holding up to what I have asked him to so far. I have been trying to condition him be ready for the company and the distance. I feel that he is prepared to the (optimal) level he can be,” she reported.
“I’m definitely respecting the company who is coming,” mentioned Smith. “I really feel like (trainer Richard) Mandella’s horse and Little Mike have to be respected.” Richard Mandella is planning to run GusMay-Fer’s Argentinian champion Indy Point in the Million, while Priscilla Vaccarezza’s defending Million champion Little Mike is also on course for Saturday’s event.
Between now and next weekend, Smith will do her best to prepare Nates Mineshaft for the toughest test of his career and the biggest event of hers. “Whatever we feel like he needs to feel fresh from now until the race, we will do. He will do some light work and also get a few massages.”
The other impressive work of Sunday morning was Team Block’s Ioya Bigtime, who worked five furlongs on the turf in advance of his return date in the American St. Leger. With new jockey Francisco Torres up, the son of Dynaformer worked in a solid 1:00 flat, with a gallop out in 1:12.60 for six furlongs.
Runner-up last year in the inaugural St. Leger, the notoriously wayward worker was very relaxed under Torres, who will ride the 6-year-old for the first time on Saturday. The work also caught the attention of Arlington clocker Bobby Belpedio. “Ioya Bigtime was really impressive today. He looked really good over the turf and galloped out nice,” he reported.
Two other St. Leger pre-entrants, Team Block’s Suntracer and Gary and Mary West’s Code of Conduct, put in their final serious moves, as well. Also trained by Chris Block, Suntracer went five furlongs in 1:01 flat with Eddie Castro, who has the call in the St. Leger. The Wayne Catalano-trained Code of Conduct worked along with stablemate sophomore filly Dance Team (who is being aimed toward the $75,000 Hatoof Stakes on the Million Day undercard) and both were timed in 1:02 flat for the same distance.
MY OPTION PUTS IN EASY DRILL FOR HATOOF
Tim Keeley’s probable $75,000 Hatoof Stakes favorite My Option drilled four furlongs on the turf Sunday morning in advance of her first start since taking the Grade III Arlington Oaks on the main course. A multiple stakes winner, she went in :48.60 under regular rider Eddie Perez. Arlington clocker Bobby Belpedio dubbed the work “easy and impressive” after watching the Chris Block-trained daughter of Belong to Me conclude her duties.
Two fillies who may take on My Option in the Arlington Million Day undercard event also worked over the lawn on Sunday. The Wayne Catalano-trained duo of stakes winners Gold Edge (regular jockey Channing Hill up) and Bold Kitten (regular jockey Florent Geroux up) worked in 1:02.40 in tandem. James F. Miller’s Grade III winner Gold Edge and Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s restricted stakes winner Bold Kitten will both be looking to rebound after poor showings in the Arlington Oaks.
TEN EUROS ARRIVE AT ARLINGTON, FOUR MORE EXPECTED SUNDAY
Two separate flights of European shippers for the International Festival of Racing arrived safely on the Arlington grounds on Saturday evening. The first to arrive were Flaxman Holding’s Duntle (Grade I Beverly D. Stakes), Team Valor International’s First Cornerstone and His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visiyani (both in the Grade I Secretariat Stakes).
The second flight included four Arlington Million pre-entrants – Guiliano Manfredini’s Guest of Honour, Invictus’ Mull of Killough, Pearl Bloodstock’s Side Glance and Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al Maktoum’s The Apache. Also on that flight was the American St. Leger-bound duo of Mark Hawtin’s Wigmore Hall and Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock’s Dandino, as well as Alan Spence’s Beverly D.-bound Gifted Girl.
The Saturday arrivals will be in quarantine until Tuesday morning.
Expected to arrive Sunday afternoon at Arlington are Yvonne Jacques’ Grandeur (Million), Godolphin’s Hunter’s Light (Million), James Wigan’s Dank (Beverly D.) and Charles Fox’s Yeager (Secretariat).

SHADWELL FESTIVAL DUO WORK IN TANDEM
Shadwell Stable’s International Festival of Racing duo, Ausus and Najjaar, worked in tandem on Saturday for trainer Danny Peitz. Ausus, with exercise rider Serafin Sanchez up, and Najjaar, with jockey James Graham aboard, finished on even terms after a five-furlong move in 1:01 4/5 on the turf, which was firm and without the dogs in place.
Ausus is working in advance of the Grade I Beverly D. Stakes, while Najjaar is set to test his stamina in the $400,000 American St. Leger. The duo went their final eighth of a mile in :11 flat. Graham is set to ride both in their respective races. On an interesting side note, Sanchez doubles as the starting gate backup tractor driver in the afternoons, according to Peitz.
The move caught the attention of Arlington International Racecourse clocker Bobby Belpedio, who was especially impressed by Ausus. “That’s an improving horse, right there. She’s really gotten good,” he reported. “They galloped out in 1:13 2/5 – it was very, very impressive. I don’t know what’s in (the Beverly D.), but she’s training like a monster on the grass.”
Peitz was also satisfied with the two Shadwell homebreds. “It was just what we wanted – good and steady and they finished up well and went out great,” the conditioner reflected. “I was on the fence about working them together. Usually there are dogs and a horse can lose focus working way out (on the course) – so I had planned to work them together. When I saw there were no dogs, I figured let’s just go with it (and still work them together).”
The Arlington-based trainer looks forward to the challenge of taking on some of the best turf horses in the world. “We know we are in deep, but I know they’re coming in in good shape. We are here, this is home and we are ready to go.”
LA TIA WORKS WITH DESORMEAUX
Hernandez Racing Club’s Beverly D. pre-entrant La Tia worked toward the toughest race of her young career on Saturday with new jockey Kent Desormeaux up for the move. The pair went five furlongs along the inner rail of the firm turf course in 1:02 2/5. The Illinois-bred front-running filly went her final eighth of a mile in :12 flat.
“She was impressive. The Beverly D. is a tough race, but she is a very good filly that’s for sure. Today she looked good,” reported Arlington clocker Bobby Belpedio.
Trainer Armando De La Cerda, in his first year as a head trainer after nearly 20 years of working under other major conditioners, was audibly elated with the move. “I feel great about it. I told the jockey to go in 1:02 and that’s what he did,” he explained. “I told him to go nice and easy and then let her out a little bit at the quarter pole, but still hold her and don’t let her do too much.”
De La Cerda stuck around a little bit longer to watch one of La Tia’s Beverly D. rivals put in her final major preparation. “I watched the other filly (Ausus) work, and I really prefer the way my filly went. She was just galloping easy – not working too hard – she’s fit,” he mentioned. “I just hope she comes out okay tomorrow.” In their only meeting, Ausus ran down the pacesetting La Tia and defeated her by 2½ lengths in the Grade III Modesty Handicap in an excellent time of 1:53.94 on July 13.
Desormeaux will ride La Tia for the first time in the Beverly D. According to agent Penny Ffitch-Heyes, the Hall of Fame jockey was “very happy” with his first experience with La Tia. Likewise, De La Cerda was thrilled with Desormeaux. “I liked the way he rode her. He did exactly what I told him to do and in the time I told him to do it. He knows what he’s doing.”
AMEN KITTEN AND OJOS DE HIELO DRILL TOWARD FESTIVAL
Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Amen Kitten worked toward his engagement with the Grade I Secretariat Stakes on Saturday. Working under Brandon Meier, the homebred son of Kitten’s Joy went five furlongs on the firm turf course in 1:04 4/5. The bay gelding ran his last quarter of a mile in :24 4/5, his last eighth in :11 4/5 and galloped out six furlongs in 1:16 2/5. The bay gelding exits a third against older horses in the 12-furlong Kitten’s Joy Stakes at Colonial Downs.
Richard Ravin and Patricia’s Hope’s Ojos de Hielo, a probable for the American St. Leger, worked a bullet four furlongs on the main course under jockey Noel Vigil on Saturday in :47 flat – the best of 47 works at the distance. Trained by Larry Rivelli, the son of Songandaprayer ran his 13 of his first 15 races in Panama, including a second-place finish in the 10-furlong Group I Clasico Independencia Cerveza Atlas.
In Ojos de Hielo’s last start, his second in the United States, the Texas-bred 4-year-old colt lost a photo in the one-mile restricted Assault Stakes at Lone Star Park. “He worked very well,” reported Rivelli, who is currently second in the Arlington trainer standings.
BLOCK WORKS HATOOF HOPEFULS
Quality turf fillies Alette and I O Ireland worked together for trainer Chris Block in advance of a possible date with the $75,000 Hatoof Stakes on the Million Day undercard. In what had the look of a maintenance move, the fillies breezed an easy 1:05. Alette, a homebred of Richard Otto, and I O Ireland, a homebred of Team Block (and half sister to American St. Leger contestant Ioya Bigtime), are each exiting Arlington allowance races. Regular riders Jeffrey Sanchez (Alette) and Eddie Castro (I O Ireland) were aboard for the move.

PEITZ PLEASED BUT PRUDENT ABOUT FESTIVAL PAIR
Locally based conditioner Danny Peitz’s two big Shadwell Stable-owned guns, Najjaar and Ausus, are pleasing the trainer as they prepare for their respective races in the International Festival of Racing. While Najjaar is aiming toward the American St. Leger, Ausus will take aim on the Grade I Beverly D.
“(Ausus) is doing fine. We are planning on running her and I hope to work her Saturday on the grass,” reported Peitz.
While the trainer is content with how his filly is doing, he is definitely very grounded with regard to the others in the race. “It looks like there are a few European fillies coming who seem like they’re pretty useful. I definitely, as a trainer, worry about everyone,” he laughed. “Marketing Mix will probably be the horse to beat and going from a Grade III to a Grade I is a big step. When we ran in the (Grade I) Jenny Wiley, the mile wasn’t her best distance. We definitely need to step it up a few lengths, for sure.”
A winner of the course and distance prep – the Grade III Modesty Handicap on July 13 – Ausus holds a home field advantage in the Beverly D. “We’re here at home and don’t have to ship, and have (2011 Arlington champion jockey) James Graham on her, so that’s a plus. The race will be tough. It’ll be a very deep field.”
Peitz will also have a live shot in the second running of the American St. Leger with Najjaar, who was recently fourth – beaten less than two lengths – in the course and distance prep for the Grade I Arlington Million, the Grade III Arlington Handicap. “I think the Million will be a little deeper than what we need with Najjaar. My whole thought about the St. Leger is that we only got beat a half-length by Dark Cove in the (12-furlong) Louisville (Handicap), and (Dark Cove) will probably be one of the favorites in the race. We probably have a better shot of being competitive in that race.”
Peitz has been very pleased with the development of the colt who was on the Kentucky Derby trail in 2012. “He’s been really consistent – mostly on the grass, though. This year he has really shown up every race. Last time the pace was so slow and when he was as close as he was, it definitely worked against him when it turned into a sprint at the end.
“He definitely seems like he’s happy and training well. I like the way both (Najjaar and Ausus) are training. They’ll probably work on the same day – either Saturday or Sunday – and Graham will ride both in their races. Najjaar can work on anything, but I’d rather work Ausus on the grass,” Peitz continued.
The trainer also considered entering a third horse into the Festival, the promising stakes-placed Bashaar, who was recently fourth – beaten 8 ¼ lengths – in the Grade II Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga Racecourse on July 27. “I thought about running Bashaar in the Secretariat, but I am leaning toward something like the (Grade II) Super Derby (at Louisiana Downs on Sept. 8),” Peitz explained. “If I am going to try the grass with him again, it would probably be an in allowance race where I know he’d be competitive. The problem is that those allowance races are usually a mile or a mile and a sixteenth.”
In the Jim Dandy, the son of Street Cry was closer than usual in sixth-place early and then passed tiring horses to finish fourth behind Grade I Belmont Stakes winner Palace Malice. “I was disappointed. I know the race was fast and it was a tough race, but I thought he’d run a little bigger. If he would have been beaten three or four lengths (instead of eight), I’d have been happier. I just don’t feel like he ran as good as he is. I don’t think he was comfortable being inside and I’m not sure if that affected his race, but it was definitely a learning experience.”
STEVENS TO RIDE DRAW TWO IN SECRETARIAT
According to trainer Michelle Nihei and jockey agent Craig O’Bryan, Hall of Famer Gary Stevens has been confirmed to ride Draw Two in the Grade I Secretariat Stakes on Aug. 17. Owned by Dennis Narlinger, the lightly raced son of Macho Uno is coming off a hapless and rough trip that resulted in a fourth-place finish in the Grade II Virginia Derby on July 13. Gary Stevens, who will also ride GusMay-Fer’s Indy Point in the Grade I Arlington Million and Glen Hill Farm's Marketing Mix in the Grade I Beverly D. Stakes, has won the Secretariat once before – in 1994 with Rock Crockett’s Fordell Fierce-trained Vaudeville.
TEMERAINE TRAINING WELL TOWARD MILLION
Niall Racing’s Temeraine is on schedule after a solid six-furlong workout on Wednesday morning. “He worked very good,” reported Nicky Carrello, assistant trainer to Tom Proctor. “He’s doing great and I think he’s training very good.”
Coming off a 30-1 second-place finish in the Grade III Arlington Handicap on July 13, the son of Arch will once again be a live longshot if he continues on to the Arlington Million. “I’m pretty sure he will probably work again in about five days,” Carrello reported.
Prior to the Arlington Handicap, Temeraine ran a good fifth, beaten just over three lengths, in what has become a key allowance race at Churchill Downs on May 2. The winner that day, Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Big Blue Kitten, would subsequently claim the Grade I United Nations, while the runner-up, Robert E. Courtney, Jr.’s Rahystrada, would take down the Arlington Handicap. Also in that stakes-worthy event were graded stakes winners Cease, Air Support, Turallure, Keep Up and Omayad. “He just got in from Kentucky when he ran in the (Arlington Handicap), so he’s training just as well as he was then,” Carrello concluded.
While Proctor has had one other contestant in the Million – a ninth-place finish with Glen Hill Farm’s Split Run in 1994 - owner Tim Turney of Niall Racing will be making his Million and Festival debut. “We’re very excited to be in a race like the Million and we’re little bit nervous,” he said. “We are being realistic about it – it’s a stretch for us – but, he’s doing good, already (at Arlington) and doesn’t have to ship.”

EUROPE PREPARES BIG ASSAULT ON LITTLE MIKE
In what is looking to be one of the most competitive renewals of the Arlington Million, as many as seven Europeans are aiming to take on defending champion Little Mike on Aug. 17. Add to that the intriguing Argentinian multiple Group I-winner – and recent American import – Indy Point, multiple Grade II stakes winners Rahystrada and Nates Mineshaft and Grade I-placed Finnegan’s Wake and Real Solution, and this year’s event has the look of a bettor’s paradise.
According to the International Racing Bureau, Grandeur, Guest of Honour, Mull of Killough, Side Glance, The Apache and Hunter’s Light have all been confirmed, while 2012 Million runner-up Afsare, though doubtful, is still a possibility. While it is difficult to pick a standout in the European horseflesh union, the most accomplished are Group I winners Hunter’s Light, from the powerful Godolphin Stable, and Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al Maktoum and Winston Chow’s The Apache, from the potent barn of dominant South African trainer Mike De Kock.
The Saeed bin Suroor-trained Hunter’s Light comes out of a very good third in the Group I Grosser Dallmayr-Preis Bayerisches Zuchtrennen in Munich on July 28. In his first race since a dull sixth in May’s Group I Singapore Airlines International Cup, the son of Dubawi – one of the hottest sires in the world – made a strong bid at the quarter pole of the left-handed course only to get a bit rubber-legged late. The race looked like a perfect fitness-building prep for the Million, which is at the same 10-furlong distance, but on a much flatter course.
The Apache is coming off a one-paced fifth in a race which could produce multiple starters in the Million – the Group II York Stakes, which was contested on July 27 over 1 5/16-miles at York Racecourse. In his first race since a runner-up finish in the nine-furlong Group I Dubai Duty Free in March, The Apache chased the leaders in a race that was slightly beyond his best distance and visibly a fitness builder for the 6-year-old horse. Also in the race were the Arlington-bound duo of Grandeur and Wigmore Hall. While the latter is more likely for the American St. Leger, Yvonne Jacques’s multiple Grade II-winning Grandeur has been aiming toward the Million all season.
Trained by Jeremy Noseda, Grandeur was a flying second in the York Stakes, which was only his second start of the year and came only 16 days after his seasonal debut – a good fourth in the Group II Princess of Wales’s Stakes at Newmarket over an 12 furlongs – an ambitious distance for a first start in seven months. As a sophomore in 2012, Grandeur had an extended stay in the States when winning the Grade II Twilight Derby (formerly the Oak Tree Derby) on the Breeders’ Cup undercard, finishing a hard-charging second in the Grade I Hollywood Derby and culminating his season with an impressive victory in the Grade II Hollywood Turf Cup. A lover of firmer going and a winner of four stakes at nine to 10 furlongs, Grandeur should revel in the conditions of Million.
Both Jane Chapple-Hyam’s Mull of Killough and the lightly raced (only four times) Guest of Honour have to prove they belong at the top level of racing, but both ran superb races in the July 13 Group II Summer Mile over good-to-firm going at Ascot. At a grueling straight course, the Summer Mile should set both horses up for big runs at Arlington if they are good enough. While Guest of Honour has to prove he can stay 10 furlongs for trainer Marco Botti – winner of last year’s American St. Leger with Jakkalberry - Mull of Killough will definitely appreciate a return to the distance at which he won his last stakes race and at which he finished a very good fifth – beating Hunter’s Light – in the Singapore Airlines International Cup.
Pearl Bloodstock’s Side Glance has repeatedly tried to prove he is capable at the Grade I level. Seven of the Andrew Balding-trained gelding’s last 13 races have been in Group/Grade I events, but he has never finished better than third. Though he is doubtful to make the trip, last year’s runner-up Afsare also has to prove he is a Group/Grade I horse. Originally on track to come back to Arlington this year, the Luca Cumani-trained Dubawi gelding has twice in his last three tries had severe trouble at the gate. Though he passed a recent stalls test administered by the British Horseracing Authority, he has yet to be confirmed for a repeat journey across the Atlantic.
Such a repeat journey would mean he would still have to beat the one they will all be chasing, Priscilla Vaccarezza’s defending champion Little Mike. The Dale Romans-trained son of Spanish Steps returned from a layoff to run a fading fourth in the Grade I United Nations Stakes on July 6. The loss was reminiscent of all three of his losses prior to his three biggest wins last year. After pacesetting (and then fading) losses in the Grade III Canadian Turf Stakes, Grade I Shoemaker Mile and Grade I Turf Classic Invitational in 2012, he rebounded home an impressive winner in the Grade I Turf Classic (Churchill Downs), Grade I Arlington Million and Grade I Breeders’ Cup Turf in his respective subsequent starts. After working five furlongs in a bullet 1:00.80 on Saturday, it looks as though he is right back on track and ready to take on the onslaught of Euros.
As of now, the horses who will not be taking on the Europeans, Little Mike or the aforementioned other Americans include Calumet Farm’s D. Wayne Lukas-trained duo of Optimizer and Skyring. Both are expected to run next at Saratoga Race Course, instead. Another dropped from the possibles is Wertheimer and Frere’s Nutello, an improving colt currently trained by Carlos Laffon-Parias. He may also be headed to Saratoga in what could be a one-way trip to an American barn thereafter.
IMPROVING AUSUS TAKES ON MARKETING MIX AND EURO TRIO
Shadwell Stable’s Ausus has been aiming toward the Grade I Beverly D. Stakes for months by Arlington-based trainer Danny Peitz, and his belief that the filly was perfect for the race manifested beautifully on Million Preview Day when the daughter of Invasor devoured a field of eight in the course and distance prep, the Grade III Modesty Handicap. Since then, the leggy chestnut 4-year-old has put in a good maintenance work on Aug. 2 (five furlongs in 1:03 flat) and looks to be sitting on a career race.
If Ausus is to be successful in winning her first Grade I, she will have to beat expected favorite Marketing Mix, who comes off an impressive win over the boys in the Grade III Sunset Handicap where she only carried two pounds less than the older male highweight and defending race winner, Dhaamer. Last year, Marketing Mix finished second in the two biggest races of her season, the Beverly D. and the Grade I Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf. This season, her connections hope to win both of those events, starting on Aug. 17. Last year in the Beverly D. she was defeated in a photo finish by the European invader I’m a Dreamer after having to swing five-wide into the stretch.
This year, the Europeans are arguably tougher, as a trio of shippers from across the pond, headed by Group I performer Duntle, are scheduled to swarm the Beverly D. Duntle, carrying the prestigious Niarchos Family’s Flaxman Holdings dark blue and white silks (worn famously by such great horses as Nureyev, Miesque Bago and Spinning World), exits a good second in the July 28 Group I Prix Rothschild behind the brilliant Elusive Kate. Last year, in 2012, Duntle finished first in the Group I Matron Stakes at Leopardstown (a left-handed course) before being disqualified and placed second. This season she flashed good form when winning the Group II Duke of Cambridge over a mile at the Royal Ascot meeting, while carrying an impressive 132 pounds.
Duntle will be joined by the improving Dank, who finished third behind her in the Duke of Cambridge. The daughter of Dansili is trained by Sir Michael Stoute and owned by James Wigan. She comes off a facile victory in the Group II Kilboy Estate Stakes at The Curragh over good going. Her time of 1:51 1/5 for the nine furlongs was impressive on a historically trying course and earned her a career high 113 Racing Post Rating. She will have to repeat that form if she is to conquer A. D. Spence’s equally as improved Gifted Girl, a winner of the Pipalong Stakes last out at Pontefract Racecourse. Trained by Paul Cole, Gifted Girl finished second in the Group III Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Epsom and has competed around left-handed turns in four of her last five races.
According to connections who alerted Arlington officials, as well as the Daily Racing Form, Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Stephanie’s Kitten is out of consideration due to a minor hind-end injury. Expected to be one of the favorites, the Wayne Catalano-trained Breeders’ Cup winner was coming off a third in the Grade I Diana at Saratoga on July 27. If all goes well with treatment and recovery, the daughter of Kitten’s Joy will be aimed toward the Grade I Flower Bowl Stakes on Sept. 28 and eventually the Breeders’ Cup in November.

FIELD PACKED WITH PROMISE
The Grade I Secretariat Stakes is shaping up to be a race filled with horses on the brink of great achievement. Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Admiral Kitten, who has three times finished second in a graded turf stakes in his last three races, leads a field that also is set to include Gary Barber’s talented and lightly raced Jack Milton, Dennis Narlinger’s hard-lucked and handsome Draw Two and the underachieving yet constantly improving duo of Juddmonte Farm’s Tattenham and Leonard Leveen and Michael Shanley’s Stormy Len.
The intriguing and highly regarded European duo of Team Valor’s First Cornerstone and His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visiyani make this field a puzzle for even the best punters. Late additions to the possible field include Peachtree Stable’s Dale Romans’ trained Balthazar, an unlucky second in a recent Saratoga allowance, and the Jeremy Noseda-trained Yeager, an American-bred son of Medaglia d’Oro out of a Fusaichi Pegasus mare who recently won the Deloitte Handicap at Ascot on July 27.
WIGMORE HALL COULD FINALLY ACHIEVE ARLINGTON GLORY
In 2010, Wigmore Hall ran an impressive second in the Secretariat Stakes behind Paddy O’Prado and then followed that up with two straight years of closing to finish less than four lengths from victory in the 2011 and 2012 editions of the Arlington Million. This year, he may have found his road to Arlington glory in the American St. Leger. Though the Mark Hawtin-owned son of High Chaparral has never raced beyond 12 furlongs, his best two races have been victories in the last two editions of the Grade I Northern Dancer Stakes at 12 furlongs on Woodbine’s undulating course in Canada. After a bang-up third-place finish in a salty renewal of the 1 5/16-miles Group II York Stakes on July 27, all signs point to Wigmore Hall being in career-optimal position to take home his first International Festival of Racing trophy.
Favoritism, at this point, looks to be a toss-up between European invader Dandino and American 12-furlong specialist Dark Cove. Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock’s Marco Botti-trained Dandino not only comes from the same connections as last year’s St. Leger victor Jakkalberry, but also is in the best form of his career. On June 22, at the Royal Ascot meeting, the son of Dansili ran a courageous race when losing by a length after a terrible trip. His 117 Racing Post Rating makes him superbly dangerous in the St. Leger – a race which is designed to get him ready for his seasonal goal (and the most prestigious marathon in the world), Australia’s Group I Melbourne Cup in November. Last year, Jakkalberry parlayed a victory at Arlington to a placing at Flemington Racecourse.
Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey’s Mike Maker-trained Dark Cove, though also under consideration for the Arlington Million, will be very tough to beat if he stays in the St. Leger. The son of Medaglia d’Oro is entering off three straight 12-furlong graded stakes victories in which he simply overpowered his rivals. Also under serious consideration for the St. Leger are four horses he has conquered – Team Block’s duo of Suntracer and Ioya Bigtime, Shadwell Stable’s Najjaar and Midwest Thoroughbreds’ The Pizza Man.

[h=2]Race 8[/h]4:39 PM STAKES
West Point S.

Purse $150,000 INNER TURF FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE AND APPROVED BY THE NEW YORK STATE-BRED REGISTRY. No nomination fee. $1,500 to pass the entry box. A supplemental nomination fee of $3,000 in addition to the entry fee will be accepted atany time prior to the close of entries. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among the remaining finishers. Three year olds, 118 lbs.; Older, 123 lbs. Turf weights. Non-winners of $60,000 on the turf in 2013 allowed 3 lbs.; a sweepstake on the turf in 2013, 5 lbs.; three races on the turf, 7 lbs. Dirt Weights: Non-winners of a sweepstake on the dirt in 2012-13 allowed 3 lbs.; $30,000 on the dirt in 2012-13 or four races onthe dirt, 5 lbs.; three races on the dirt, 7 lbs. (Maiden, claiming and starter races not considered). A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. The New York Racing Association reserves the right to transfer this race to the Main Track where dirtallowance weights will apply. Closed Saturday, August 3, 2013 with 31 Original Nominations and 2 Supplements.One And One Sixteenth Miles (Inner turf)
<tbody sizset="7" sizcache="13">[TR]
[TH]PP[/TH]
[TH]Horse[/TH]
[TH]Virtual Stable[/TH]
[TH]A/S[/TH]
[TH]Med[/TH]
[TH]Jockey[/TH]
[TH]WGT[/TH]
[TH]Trainer[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD]1 [/TD]
[TD]Mr. Vegas (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl02$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl02_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07018311~MR. VEGAS"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Rosario [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]M R. Scherer [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2 [/TD]
[TD]Lubash (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl03$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl03_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07005313~LUBASH"> [/TD]
[TD]6/H [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Lezcano [/TD]
[TD]123 [/TD]
[TD]C Clement [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3 [/TD]
[TD]Jonrah (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl04$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl04_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09010009~JONRAH"> [/TD]
[TD]4/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J R. Velazquez [/TD]
[TD]116 [/TD]
[TD]D Frisco [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4 [/TD]
[TD]Barrel of Love (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl05$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl05_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07030989~BARREL OF LOVE"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]A O. Solis [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]J O. Hertler [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5 [/TD]
[TD]Hear the Footsteps (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl06$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl06_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07014900~HEAR THE FOOTSTEPS"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J L. Ortiz [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]L Rice [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6 [/TD]
[TD]Street Game (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl07$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl07_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08008846~STREET GAME"> [/TD]
[TD]5/H [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]E S. Prado [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]P M. Serpe [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7 [/TD]
[TD]Abilio (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl08$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl08_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07005803~ABILIO"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Castellano [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]T Albertrani [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8 [/TD]
[TD]Hangover Kid (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl09$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl09_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl09$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl09_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08017766~HANGOVER KID"> [/TD]
[TD]5/H [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]J Servis [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9 [/TD]
[TD]Mia Poppy (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl10$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl10_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl10$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl10_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09030106~MIA POPPY"> [/TD]
[TD]4/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]D Cohen [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]D Jacobson [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10 [/TD]
[TD]Kharafa (NY) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl11$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl11_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl11$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl11_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09007137~KHARAFA"> [/TD]
[TD]4/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]R Maragh [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]T A. Hills [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11 [/TD]
[TD]Bigger Is Bettor (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl12$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl12_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl12$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl12_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08016225~BIGGER IS BETTOR"> [/TD]
[TD]5/H [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Rocco, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]123 [/TD]
[TD]R A. Ubillo [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]12 [/TD]
[TD]Awesome Vision (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl13$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl13_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl13$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl13_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09008527~AWESOME VISION"> [/TD]
[TD]4/C [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr. [/TD]
[TD]123 [/TD]
[TD]T Albertrani [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]13 [/TD]
[TD]Groomedforvictory (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl14$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl14_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl14$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl14_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO05004812~GROOMEDFORVICTORY"> [/TD]
[TD]8/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]J Castellano [/TD]
[TD]120 [/TD]
[TD]M J. Maker [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]14 [/TD]
[TD]So Scott (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl15$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl15_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl15$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl15_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07014310~SO SCOTT"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]unknown jockey [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]D Jacobson [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]15 [/TD]
[TD]Most Happy Fella (NY) (MTO) [/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl16$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl16_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl16$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl16_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07006050~MOST HAPPY FELLA"> [/TD]
[TD]6/G [/TD]
[TD]L [/TD]
[TD]A O. Solis [/TD]
[TD]118 [/TD]
[TD]R E. Schosberg [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Race 8

4:39 PM STAKES
West Point S.

Purse $150,000 INNER TURF FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE AND APPROVED BY THE NEW YORK STATE-BRED REGISTRY. No nomination fee. $1,500 to pass the entry box. A supplemental nomination fee of $3,000 in addition to the entry fee will be accepted atany time prior to the close of entries. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among the remaining finishers. Three year olds, 118 lbs.; Older, 123 lbs. Turf weights. Non-winners of $60,000 on the turf in 2013 allowed 3 lbs.; a sweepstake on the turf in 2013, 5 lbs.; three races on the turf, 7 lbs. Dirt Weights: Non-winners of a sweepstake on the dirt in 2012-13 allowed 3 lbs.; $30,000 on the dirt in 2012-13 or four races onthe dirt, 5 lbs.; three races on the dirt, 7 lbs. (Maiden, claiming and starter races not considered). A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. The New York Racing Association reserves the right to transfer this race to the Main Track where dirtallowance weights will apply. Closed Saturday, August 3, 2013 with 31 Original Nominations and 2 Supplements.One And One Sixteenth Miles (Inner turf)
<tbody>[TR]
[TH]PP
[/TH]
[TH]Horse
[/TH]
[TH]Virtual Stable
[/TH]
[TH]A/S
[/TH]
[TH]Med
[/TH]
[TH]Jockey
[/TH]
[TH]WGT
[/TH]
[TH]Trainer
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]Mr. Vegas (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl02$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl02_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl02$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl02_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07018311~MR. VEGAS">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Rosario
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]M R. Scherer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]Lubash (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl03$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl03_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl03$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl03_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07005313~LUBASH">
[/TD]
[TD]6/H
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Lezcano
[/TD]
[TD]123
[/TD]
[TD]C Clement
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]Jonrah (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl04$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl04_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl04$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl04_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09010009~JONRAH">
[/TD]
[TD]4/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J R. Velazquez
[/TD]
[TD]116
[/TD]
[TD]D Frisco
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[TD]Barrel of Love (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl05$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl05_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl05$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl05_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07030989~BARREL OF LOVE">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]A O. Solis
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]J O. Hertler
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5
[/TD]
[TD]Hear the Footsteps (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl06$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl06_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl06$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl06_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07014900~HEAR THE FOOTSTEPS">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J L. Ortiz
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]L Rice
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6
[/TD]
[TD]Street Game (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl07$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl07_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl07$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl07_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08008846~STREET GAME">
[/TD]
[TD]5/H
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]E S. Prado
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]P M. Serpe
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7
[/TD]
[TD]Abilio (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl08$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl08_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl08$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl08_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07005803~ABILIO">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Castellano
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]T Albertrani
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8
[/TD]
[TD]Hangover Kid (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl09$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl09_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl09$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl09_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08017766~HANGOVER KID">
[/TD]
[TD]5/H
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]J Servis
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]Mia Poppy (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl10$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl10_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl10$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl10_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09030106~MIA POPPY">
[/TD]
[TD]4/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]D Cohen
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]D Jacobson
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10
[/TD]
[TD]Kharafa (NY)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl11$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl11_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl11$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl11_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09007137~KHARAFA">
[/TD]
[TD]4/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]R Maragh
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]T A. Hills
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11
[/TD]
[TD]Bigger Is Bettor (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl12$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl12_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl12$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl12_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO08016225~BIGGER IS BETTOR">
[/TD]
[TD]5/H
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Rocco, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]123
[/TD]
[TD]R A. Ubillo
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]12
[/TD]
[TD]Awesome Vision (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl13$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl13_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl13$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl13_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO09008527~AWESOME VISION">
[/TD]
[TD]4/C
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]I Ortiz, Jr.
[/TD]
[TD]123
[/TD]
[TD]T Albertrani
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]13
[/TD]
[TD]Groomedforvictory (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl14$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl14_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl14$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl14_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO05004812~GROOMEDFORVICTORY">
[/TD]
[TD]8/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]J Castellano
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]M J. Maker
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]14
[/TD]
[TD]So Scott (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl15$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl15_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl15$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl15_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07014310~SO SCOTT">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]unknown jockey
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]D Jacobson
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]15
[/TD]
[TD]Most Happy Fella (NY) (MTO)
[/TD]
[TD]<input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl16$chkVirtualStable" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl16_chkVirtualStable" type="checkbox"> <input name="CT_Main_0$rptRace$ctl08$gvEntry$ctl16$hdnHorse" id="CT_Main_0_rptRace_ctl08_gvEntry_ctl16_hdnHorse" type="hidden" value="REGNO07006050~MOST HAPPY FELLA">
[/TD]
[TD]6/G
[/TD]
[TD]L
[/TD]
[TD]A O. Solis
[/TD]
[TD]118
[/TD]
[TD]R E. Schosberg
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
pretty nice field drawn for Thursday's West Point...Jonrah was an impressive winner at the meet (8/5 R7) now wheels back on short rest and attracts Johnny V, could be live at a price.

As for Thurs:

Narrowed down the early Pk 4

R3: 3,7,8,9
R4: 1,4,5,8
R5: 3,10
R6: 5,7

Some spot plays at a price:

R4: #4
R6: #7
R9: #6
R11: #9

I'm still sorting out R8: 2 and 10 appear the class...1,3,8 seem live at prices

R9: I like 6 the best, other contenders are: 3 and 4...im against 5

R10: I like 2,6,7 the best still up in air on 1 and 9

R11: 9 the best, others im looking at are 1,7,8 not sure if i'll use 2 or 10 in pk 4's

No love for Teak's North in the 9th? I don't know what he's doing in an optional claimer after running 2nd in a Grade 1, but he finished ahead of the winner of the West Point last out.

if teaks won, not only would it have effed my plays up...but also woulda sucked even more of the price that Big Blue Kitten will be in Sword Dancer

R7: #3 Mavourneen has the look of a horse that needed a race last time, off long layoff and now adds Lasix while dropping 50% in claiming tag...i'll be making a win bet on her.

R8: I like #5 Quiet Ending the best, would be entering this race with a two race win streak if not for nk loss to Effie Trinket - who is 2 for 2 sprinting on turf and most recently ran a bang up 2nd to monster Summer of Fun in 100k stake while stretching out to 1 Mile.

Back