Saratoga Race Course 2013

SARATOGA 8/17

Very good day of racing both at Saratoga and at Arlington and some very wide open races present an opportunity to maybe be correct in a race or two and profit for the day.

R1: #3,6,7 will all take money and could win but i'll go with #10 Fantastic Eyes - last race is a throw out, it was at 1m this is 5.5f and it was a yielding course, this firm and two races back made up ground vs speed wire to wire winner, three races back was 2nd beaten by 1 length to Frosty Bay, who has since came back to win another NY bred stallion race. I'll be making WIN bets on #10.

R2: Impossible race, 2yo's and mainly 1sters...likely use #1,2,3,4,6,7,8 to kick off early Pk 4.

R3: Using both Levine horses, that are both going turf to dirt...#3 and #6...who is dropping in for a tag. Possible win bet on #3 at decent price but #3,6 in Pk 4's.

R4: #6 Sliver and Onions is facing winners for the first time but did beat a solid msw field last time and has improved in Beyer's in all three of his starts...i'm against both Pletcher horses in here, #3 and #6...#2 could be live for Rudy at a price.

R5: #1,3,9,10,11 are the contenders...#3 live at huge price...#11 interesting because of conditions of race which read...3 yo and up that have not won a race on turf since 2/17 and #11 Livingston Street last won on turf on 2/17, so just slips into condition of race by the day...Johnny V jumps on live shipper who comes into this race off loss to Saintly Love, who has now won 6 in a row. #9 hot trainer and off claim and #10 also hot trainer who has popped at a price during meet in turf races and will be a price in here, has back races that put him in mix.

R6: I really like #2 Iron Power, who had tough trip in last...#3 has four best figs over this course, tough trip off layoff 3 back...mixed feelings on #12, but is coming into this race off two troubled trips.

R7: my top two are #5 Lawyer Jim, race over course running wide vs good field, has faced Jonrah (ran in West Point) in two of last three races...#6 Gold Megillah - was claimed three back by meets leading owner Ken Ramsey for trainer Mike Maker, who is having a solid meet ( 0 for in dirt races though, this turf) and has moved up big time off claim since adding blinkers...layoff after two solid efforts and has been working very sharp, I think layoff means they sharpened up to win at this meet...#3 and #11 are horses i'll use underneath...may look further into #8, off two tough trips.

R8: I like #6 Royal Blessing best in here and possibly one of my better plays on the card... comes into this race after facing my horse I scored w/ opening day and just missed on Weds, Hardest Core...two back beat Adirondack Dancer and Jonrah...both very good...#2 Ampersand figures and the price is #9 Lead Singer - maybe needed race and got that over course off layoff, two back was in very productive Alw race...North Slope, Mills, Stormy Len are all very good, three back on yielding...so throw out and was vs Draw Two and Stormy Len.

R9: #4 Twilight Eclipse is 2 for 2 going 1 1/2 miles on turf, including world record 3/23 @ Gulfstream...4 for 6 on firm turf...#5 Nutello is a French shipper that will be a decent price and 2012 form put him in mix, owners brought him here because the colt didn't like the soft and heavy courses...wants firm and shows as all best races over firm and good soft...which isn't soft or hvy...closer to firm...likely turned over to Pletcher after race as these owners have many horses with him...#8 Optimizer is my sleeper...three back was winner, tough trip vs wire winner then battled w/ Point of Entry...not sure about last race, maybe needed that one after a couple of tough efforts, every right to improve here...at least for a piece considering 3-2-1-0 over Spa turf. Against #10 Boisterous - short price, 1 for 8 firm.

R10:
Really like how #6 Fiftyshadesofhay has run in last two since adding blinkers...Baffert shipping to win, Johnny V jumps on...ships well winning graded stakes at three tracks...should get nice stalking trip on outside...#4 obv and will be used on smaller pk 4's...main play is #6...live longshot could be #2, at least to be 2nd to #6...lol.

R11: 11,12,5,4...defensively use 9 in pk 4's...more thoughts on this race later...

R12:
1,2,3,4,6,10 more thoughts or sort it out later...

More Saratoga coming up...as well as Arlington thoughts...

Last edited:
Here's a key race to watch in order to evaluate some of the euros in Arl Million...3/9 Dubai...Side Glance, The Apache...

[video=youtube;bPjXPTbFrZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPjXPTbFrZM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

most recent was just a prep for Side Glance imo...

[video=youtube;0JG4XJ7etA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JG4XJ7etA8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Replay of Summer Mile...Mull of Killough will be 2nd and Guest of Honour 3rd but boxed inside and then blocked behind wall...

[video=youtube;aNULzU3EzhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNULzU3EzhI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Guest of Honour had a way tougher trip than Mull of Killough and now Guest of Honour adds Lasix... one of the main contenders imo...along with Side Glance...still looking at a few others and may spread in this leg of pk 4's

In the Secretariat...I like #9 Jack Milton the best, comes off a very troubled trip in Va Derby...#7 Yeager is a sneaky shipper coming over from Britian for very sharp trainer...added a tongue tie and blinkers in last race and now adds Lasix...#10 Stormy Len and #12 Draw Two also with a chance.

I may only go two deep in Beverly D...#2 Duntle and #4 Dank...the question for both is can they get the distance...class relief here for Duntle who comes off a 2nd to multiple group 1 winner, Elusive Kate. Marketing Mix is a contender in here bit i'm slightly against her today due to the fact that she hasn't faced anything in California this year.

The American St. Leger run @ 1 11/16 on the turf will kick off the all stakes pick 4 @ Arlington...i'll be going two deep...#4 Dandino and #8 Wigmore Hall.

Replay of Virginia Derby...watch Jack Milton's trip...

[video=youtube;bC4GCZGM5Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC4GCZGM5Cg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Nice field drawn in The Del Mar Oaks...looks to be plenty of speed to set up for nice late run by #6 Kitten's Dumplings.

BOL Play, partying at Put-in-bay so I haven't looked at much. May try tailing a bit before the alcohol kicks in. Bring those winners home!

hope you used #7

crazy price for dangerous connections, should be the speed in here and comes off a 2nd to Danza who ran a solid 3rd in Sar Special

R2: too tough of a pk 4 sequence for me to get involved...would rather save bullets for later...WIN #7

hope you used #7

crazy price for dangerous connections, should be the speed in here and comes off a 2nd to Danza who ran a solid 3rd in Sar Special

And was 12 lengths clear of the show horse in that last race as well, really like the 7 here at the price.

Arlington Race 1: #3 Mongolian Saturday returns to his preferred surface of the Arlington synthetic after a couple of G3 efforts one over dirt and one over turf. Ran big 3 back over the surface and at today's distance, will take a chance at 5-1.

#3 Win

Arlington Race 1: #3 Mongolian Saturday returns to his preferred surface of the Arlington synthetic after a couple of G3 efforts one over dirt and one over turf. Ran big 3 back over the surface and at today's distance, will take a chance at 5-1.

#3 Win
#3 does look good, two huge numbers @ Arl over synth...BOL today :cheers:

Thought Mongolian Saturday was gonna get there. No excuses though, got to the front with a very moderate pace and just couldn't hold on.

Back