Saratoga Race Course 2013

The Mott trainee, Mosler, was the workmate of Sanctify before he went down to Fair Hill. They worked very similarly so was interested in watching that one.

cant pass up price, R7: WIN #2
cuts back from a mile, 2 back is throw out turf race and 3 back beat Crackerjack Jones (Hushion) who came back to win at meet and would be huge fav vs these and 1st time he added Lasix ran a 84, 2 races prior to defeating Cj J...that race would destroy these.

your Sanctify has to be decent to be working w/ million dollar baby...bol bro
Thanks buddy, here are the updates I received about the works together:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ECDEC4, colspan: 2"]Updates as of June 6, 2013[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ECDEC4, colspan: 2"]The 2011 Colt by Pulpit out of AveryMerryMoment had a super nice breeze this morning - it won't be published because we don't have a name for him yet - but he went 3/8ths in 37 along with a big giant War Front Colt owned by Claiborne Farm. Bill really likes the way this horse is coming along - there are no slouches in the Bill Mott barn so you have to work your butt off.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ECDEC4, colspan: 2"]Updates as of June 22, 2013[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ECDEC4, colspan: 2"]Date: June 20, 2013
Track: Saratoga
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:33
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Our 2011 Colt by Pulpit out of AveryMerryMoment had a super nice move out of the gate in company. His workmate and good buddy, a War Front colt by the name of Moseler, owned by Claiborne Farm clocked in at the exact same time. Bill says they are well matched and go good together. So needless to say we are in very good company. [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Date: June 27, 2013
Track: Saratoga
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:55 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Sanctify (the official name of the 2011 Pulpit out of AveryMerryMoment, thanks to one of our very imaginative and creative members!) had a real nice work in company this morning. Bill said the two riders must have had a flashback because they went too fast at the end of the work, like they thought they were in a race, rather then ease up, but Sanctify put the nose in front at the wire. Bill likes the way he is coming along and thinks he is a "neat" horse, so keep your fingers crossed for a Spa debut!

ok, as far as Yellow Mountain...trainer 1/49 on the year, very capable though...same owner/trainer connections of Grand Courtier...1st US start put up a 68 in ylding, then they experiment w/ blinkers in a very live race...North Slope, Stormy Len, Mills came back to win...off layoff, so fresh...and very solid recent turf works...maybe this one sucks and finishes dead last, but at 30-1 ML I think has the looks of a live longshot to at least be used on bottom end of some tickets.
reasons for #8

Only 3 horses had at least 3 turf starts and they finished 1-2-3. That's about the only angle I could come up with for that crew.

I mean I do value turf experience at times, usually with maidens, but geez. There were a few in there that should've shown better on the grass.

Yeah agreed

Too slow a pace for the 2 to close into.

Really want to play against Wise Dan, but not sure how he'll lose. I think he can get boxed in from the 1 hole (think Goldikova in her last BC Mile) by the 2, 6 and 7. But Mr. Commons is the one who would benefit and he's had that problem in the past too. Really wish Za Approval was still in there. But between that, the extra lbs costing a couple of lengths and Saratoga being Saratoga, I just feel like something strange is in the offing. His last effort is beatable.

I was against Dan in this race last year w/ Chad's horse and ran 2nd...Dan better now than then possibly and I would be shocked if he doesn't win...playing 1/4 cold number.

But...maybe 2 and 6 go, 6 main speed and Johnny tucks behind those two and either Prado and/or Rosario keep him in and inside plus weight provide obstacle he can't over come...possible, but not likely...just thinking out loud.

Groupie Doll didn't look very good in her return to the races at Ellis finishing a tired 3rd vs weak bunch

Eh, probably not enough horses in this race to get him into too much trouble. A field of 10 or 12 then maybe.

even though I like 4 under Dan...if Dan were to be beaten I think its King Kreesa...huge fan of Ny state bred and will be controlling speed

no one really changed position in what was a quick pace and time but damn King Kreesa did the dirty work and proved to be a handful for Dan. watch Kreesa down the road...

not going to be on Lea in future, at least vs top class fields...that's what I sort of thought going in...I mean Presumptive? Who has Lea ran w/ and or defeated?

I've had little luck with Del Mar this year. Scoped out a $90 late pick 4 but I don't think I'll play it. For anyone interested I'll post it here:

2,3,4/1,5,6,7,9/2,8,9/3,4,6,8

if 3,4,8,11 win race 11 means I had 3 of 4 and 2nd place in race I lost in both pk 4's today

Yeah you were right in the mix today. The 10 winning the opening leg boosted the pick 4 to over $300, if the 8 had come in it might've been almost a grand.

This Del Mar late Pick 4 has $500-$1000 potential.

As for Sunday...started from the bottom now we here, so working backwards, lol...

Race 11: #10 Amber Morning is a horse ive been waiting for to run back...even though 9-1 in debut, opened 9/2 and that's heavy action for a barn not known for live 1sters...very useful and troubled trip debut, shuffled and steadied in traffic 2x...now adds Johnny V and dam was Spa turf winner for trainer (Serpe).

Race 10: Wired Bryan is a good horse... and trainer, Michael Dilger is a star on the rise...being a former Pletcher ast...but things went his way in Sanford being that it turned into a weak field once things went wrong for Debt Ceiling...im against him today and like #3 Candy Dandy the best who beat stable mate (Dunkin Bend) who came back to be impressive winner at meet as well as 3rd place finisher who was impressive going 1 1/16 turf for Stall...in Candy Dandy's debut he was stuck inside and shuffled early while stalking pace then made 3w sweeping move to win going away vs 2 next out winners. #5 Twang was a good looking winner @ meet and now wheels right back...Stall not known to do this but says, " big 2 yo colt should handle it fine"...also says if Twang is forced to rate, no big deal since he's done well in works stalking other horses. The wild card in the race is #1 Lunarwarfare, who seemed to be hard ridden throughout but was very fast thru stretch while being whipped and ridden out vs who knows what?

Race 9: Don't see any reason why #2 Fiftyshadesofgold won't be a special one...hasn't faced anything yet but in debut chased pace and took over 3w while looking head strong to win going away and in most recent start was up on hot 21 pace and won going away impressively...also have to use #4 Who's in Town, who comes in off debut win vs Con Gee (Spa winner R2 on Thurs) and follows same pattern as Matz's Union Rags who came to Sar off Del win and won 2011 Sar Special...in Who's in Town's debut...while breaking from rail, impressive winner...jogged out past wire like wanted more distance.

Race 8: #11 Jess Not Jesse...4 for 4 Spa turf must be used in pk 4's, i'll also use #8 who has back class in his turf sprints and #1 who's very sneaky in here @ 15-1 ML...off the claim for Serpe who has only claimed a few all year, one that won and paid $26+ for me last Saturday (Kate is a Ten) and attracts Rosario in here, also owner Dubb off claim is a huge angle...no turf form or breeding but like other angles besides being inside speed @ a price.

Race 7: looking @ 10-1 ML, #11 Holiday's Jewel...already drew into race since #3 ran on Saturday...2 for 3 w/ a 2nd over Spa turf, now off claim for trainer that's going good at meet...#7 goes for Friedman also, 2nd off layoff drops in class...has faced horses like Hessonite, Shakeira, Assateague...and exits a race w/ rough stretch run...#8 is another one i'll be looking at...strong trainer angle, Motion going synth to turf off a win 12/49 (24% 3.43 ROI) L5 years...#1 also likely has to be looked at in multi race wagers.

Race 6: #1 considering Ramsey/Pletcher/Johnny V, will take tons of action and could win but gonna look at a few others before I get a strong opinion either way on #1...as far as Pletcher's other horse #3...i'll be against him, Pletcher has great numbers w/ everything but not good w/ 2yo 1sters in turf routes...#4 will be on my tickets...Klaravich and Chad, plus Chad great w/ 2yo 1sters in turf routes at this meet but not other meets, something like 8/28 big ROI 2yo 1sters in turf routes @ Spa L5 years vs 2/19 all other meets same angle...speaking of trainer angles, #7 Patent has to be on my tickets...wasn't gonna win dirt sprint debut being sired by A.P. Indy and since trainer way better 2nd out than 1st but was still bet down to 1.85 on $1. Many strong trainer angles for #7...McLaughlin maiden/non 1ster/1st turf is big, mdn 2nd start big, maiden 2nd time sprint to route big but Msw/1st turf/Sprint to route is a huge move. Also comes from strong turf family so the breeding is there too.

Race 5: #2,4,6,9 are my contenders...#3 will be heavy fav but has been 2nd too many times for my liking as far as on front end and last race, which was here @ Spa was vs weak field.

Race 4: have to dig deeper but #3 and #5 sort of jump out, experience vs 1sters and both are class drops even though only 2nd time starters.

Race 3: #3,4,5,7 will be on my early Pk 4 tickets...against #6 who will take money and was vanned off after last race.

Race 2: considering #6 sold for 37.5 times stud fee after working 1f in 10.1, I think she's live for Pletcher...#2 and #5 are others i'll be looking at...and #3 and #8 are the ones i'll be against...#3, McLaughlin not good 1st out and biggest trend in history of Saratoga, NO HORSE SIRED BY A.P. INDY HAS EVER WON A RACE AT 6F OR LESS...and #8, Mott is 0 for L5 Saratoga meets w/ 2yo 1sters in maiden sprints.

Race 1: #2,5,9 are main threats imo, im against #7...Rice has poor numbers off the claim in turf races.

Hope this is helpful and everyone makes some money, BOL :cheers:

Last edited:
Big scratches in the early pick 4, #7 in the 3rd, #5 in the 4th and #4 in the 5th

Early pick 4 looks pretty straight forward if the Pletcher baby is for real in the 2nd: 6/3,4,5,10/2,3,4,8/2,3,9

Pretty much the way Play has described it, except I'll add the 10 on the class drop in the 3rd, the 3 (trainer), 4 (workouts) and 8 (Pletcher) in the 4th to challenge Rosie's horse, and I don't like the 6 in the 5th being 0 for 4 at this level (don't think the cutback helps his slow early style).

BOL everyone!

Great stuff as always guys. I'll be hanging around today so let's hope we all cash some tickets.
Would be sweet it Rexy pops in here.

Back