Saratoga Race Course 2013

Race 1: very wide open, all but #4 could win.

Race 2: I like #2 Roman Invader in here...last 3 dirt figs of 90,86,87 makes her a major player in here for Jacobson, who is having a very solid meet...turf to dirt strong trainer angle but there is an even better angle here, he's 5/8 turf to dirt sprint, 2nd off claim L5 years.

Race 3: 5,6,7 will take the bulk of the action, I prefer #1 and #4 though...#1 is 1 for 20 life but that win came over a muddy track @ Spa last year, exits race vs Road Agent who is a two time winner at the meet, now 2nd off layoff and solid work on Aug 1...#4 his 72 in a turf sprint could be a sign that he's rounding back into form.

Race 4: 1 and 4 could be sneaky ones, 2 and 6 are obvious...not sure I want them though.

Race 5: off turf, have to go back through but Jacobson (#7) jumps out at moment.

Race 6: problem here is that Pletcher is only trainer that's good 1st out in here, a lot of poor 1st out guys in here.

Pick 6 today looks chalky, might be worth a cheap ticket. Think the Pletcher baby is a standout in the 6th among all the firsters, and in the 7th the #7 has a significant class edge and experience at the quirky 7 furlong distance. Wise Dan will be tough to beat in the Four Star Dave and I can see Adirondack Dancer wiring a paceless field in the nightcap. That leaves the 8th and 9th races to play for some prices.

The 8th is a weird race. Willy Eliot will want the lead, but does Pontus go with him? He's gone to the front in 3 dirt routes, but has hung back in his only 3 turf routes. If not then Willy Eliot could take them a long way, provided he takes to the grass first time out. Abraham has the class experience but he's trying grass for the first time too. Ghost Hunter and Valid are also nice horses trying grass as well. Leadem In Ken has the Ramsey/Maker connections, but he's trying winners for the first time and really wasn't a well thought of maiden, getting his first win at close to 10-1. Will probably settle on the 3,5,9 here, trying to beat the Ramsey.

The 9th is just a wide open stake. Summer of Fun and Praia have an edge but any of about 7 or 8 are feasible. Don't sleep on Silsita if Johnny V gets him to the front against what looks like might be another paceless field.

yeah, im not a big pick 6 guy...but can see getting involved w/ it today.

only knock on Soul House in R7 is that last race was a huge melt down which benefited 7,8,9 and did not benefit #6 - who did all the dirty work.

will have more thoughts on R9 but agree Praia and Summer of Fun...my goofy one is Joy and even though I liked Silsita in her last race, I don't like her today...thought she had a great setup last time and may not today.

I'll be around most of day but BOL today Gandy :cheers:

still working on 8th, very tough and agree 3 and 5 and agree about taking a shot against 7 but don't leave out #2...1st Lasix angle for McLaughlin is huge past 6 months. 11 could be tough if draws in but #8 could be my longshot of the day...more on that in a bit...

maybe a Jacobson/spread/spread/Jacobson early pk4?

I'm thinking the spread races are the 2nd and 4th. That's a salty group going in the 2nd, and maiden turf routes are by nature ridiculous. I see a pace meltdown aiding the 6 and 9 in the 5th, while in the 3rd the Ramsey favorite just has to repeat his last effort to whip this group.

Have a great day Play! I'll be dabbling but I might lose focus with the PGA going on.

still working on 8th, very tough and agree 3 and 5 and agree about taking a shot against 7 but don't leave out #2...1st Lasix angle for McLaughlin is huge past 6 months. 11 could be tough if draws in but #8 could be my longshot of the day...more on that in a bit...
ok, as far as Yellow Mountain...trainer 1/49 on the year, very capable though...same owner/trainer connections of Grand Courtier...1st US start put up a 68 in ylding, then they experiment w/ blinkers in a very live race...North Slope, Stormy Len, Mills came back to win...off layoff, so fresh...and very solid recent turf works...maybe this one sucks and finishes dead last, but at 30-1 ML I think has the looks of a live longshot to at least be used on bottom end of some tickets.

I'm thinking the spread races are the 2nd and 4th. That's a salty group going in the 2nd, and maiden turf routes are by nature ridiculous. I see a pace meltdown aiding the 6 and 9 in the 5th, while in the 3rd the Ramsey favorite just has to repeat his last effort to whip this group.

Have a great day Play! I'll be dabbling but I might lose focus with the PGA going on.
plus I just noticed The Sixties (R3 #5) has strong trainer angle going for him...Maker 2nd off layoff, 2nd off claim very solid angle for him.

Big scratch of Short Shrift in the nightcap, helps Adirondack Dancer greatly on the front end.

only question I have about Adirondack Dancer is, where did that last race come from...a 101, really? I like North Star Boy quite a bit in there.

Pontus scratched in the 8th, allows Willy Elliot to be lone speed.

Silsita scratched in the 9th, takes away from the pace and makes it an even more wide open affair.

A super cheap Pick 6 tix - 5/7/3,5,9/1,2,3,6,8,9/1/8 $36 dollar ticket, would be surprised if less than 4 connect. With all the chalk it might only pay a grand but not a bad return for the investment.

For the late Pick 4 I'd add the 7 in the 8th, maybe the 3,4 in the 10th, just in case Wise Dan for some reason doesn't fire.

yeah, gonna be tough to beat Dan, I think I like Mr Commons for 2nd.

Did not like Mr Commons in his last start, but that was a good "prep" racing wide and making a pre-mature move vs sneaky good field...back class makes him 2nd best in here but because of his last start, now you may get 10-1 on him.

I cant use #9 in 8th, will be speed but I can see #5,7,11 also on or near early pace...I don't see any turf breeding that would make me like Willy Elliot

Don't have any real reason to think so but if Wise Dan is vulnerable that's going to be the ticket to big horizontal wager payouts.

R1: wide open but #2 gonna be forgotten in wagering...back races put him with others that will take $, his last race was vs Tightend Touchdown...what would he be in here, 1/9? and when was the last time you saw a Penna horse coming into a race off 3 bullets? 2 time dirt winner @ Spa and on board in 4 of 5 Spa starts.

I cant use #9 in 8th, will be speed but I can see #5,7,11 also on or near early pace...I don't see any turf breeding that would make me like Willy Elliot

Forgot about the 11 drawing in, you're right about him being on the pace. That's a tough race, not a lot of similar form to work from. Might have to fall back to the 2,3,7 and 11 and hope one of these lightly raced choices makes a leap.

in R9 really like Praia but also have to use Hedonemewrongsong...both ran well in Va Oaks @ Colonial, Praia a little better considering dynamics but cant leave out Hedonemewrongsong who was debut winner on Spa turf @ 21-1

yesterday...runners from off the pace won most dirt races, today seems like speed could do well in dirt races...too soon to judge, but possibly something to keep an eye on throughout the day...

now that im out of the pk 4's, I don't have a whole lot of interest in R3 but will have to get involved w/ #1

Perfect trip for the 6, cruising behind the hot pace of the 1 and 5. Big effort from the 1.

Early Pick 4 - 1,2,3,4,5/5,6/1,2,4,5,6/12,13

$522.50

Might as well throw in for that Pick 6 ticket now, Za Approval out leaves Mr. Commons as the only one with a punchers chance in the Dave:

5/7/2,3,7,11/1,2,3,6,8,9/1/8 $48

Will follow behind with the Pick 4: 2,3,5,7,9,11/1,2,3,6,8,9/3,4/8 $36

Back