Saratoga Race Course 2013

some p4's I will play certain combos heavier than others ranking certain horses as A's/B's/C's...A's the best and C's are basically savers, used the lightest
Sar R8 is a great example...#2 is my "A"...#4 is my "B"...and #1,3,5 are "C's"

R10: Pk3 #1,2,5/1,2,3,4,7/2,6 and WIN #5 and EBX #1-2-5 and DD #1,2,5/4,7 DD #1,2,5/4 and Super Box #1,2,3,5

Super impressive for Cross Traffic considering the field and his lack of experience.
disagree and will be against Cross Traffic in the future, great horse w/ great upside but today was a gift imo...still question 2 turns as he was drifting and the fact that early pace changed by Fort Larned not being out there early setting it up for Cross Traffic...dynamics set up his win today imo, but the game needs rising stars...so congrats to him and his connections and hope he stays sound and we see him in the big races down the road...but at a short price in his next, i'll be against if going 2 turns.

Last edited:
disagree and will be against Cross Traffic in the future, great horse w/ great upside but today was a gift imo...still question 2 turns as he was drifting and the fact that early pace changed by Fort Larned not being out there early setting it up for Cross Traffic.

Super impressive might have been a little strong, and I agree everything went his way and will probably be against in the future myself, still think he showed quite a bit in finishing on top in this one. Hernandez seemed a little confused on what he wanted to do out there today with Fort Larned and let him off too easy on the front. Thought it was a good showing for Successful Dan considering he was on his back in the paddock and think he might have been able to get there had Lapreoux let him run a little sooner.

Today's card starts off on the cheap side, but i'll take a few small shots...then gets good later on w/ some tough, wide open races (R5,7,8,9). My buddy owns the likely fav (#4) in Race #6...so rooting for him in a big way. Looking for Albertrani to possibly win a couple today, and maybe decent prices: R3 #5...love this barn w/ 2nd time starting 2yo's...he also trains #1 in that race but no value as the 1A will take action there since he's a half bro to Uncle Mo...but Mott is 0/41 L5 years @ Sar w/ 2yo 1sters in dirt sprints...Albertrani also has a decent shot w/ #4 in R9.

R1: #5 is fav and could win but I don't bet these type of horses at short prices...6 yo drops in class 8 life starts and 5 layoffs, obv has issues...#6 is a huge trainer angle for Gullo, turf to dirt sprint and had a winner w/ that angle on Friday...so @ 6-1 he's live and also using #3, throw out his last 2 races since they were on turf and his back dirt form puts him in the mix here.

R2: im against ML fav #2, he's been beaten fav in his last 3 races...no world beaters in here so had to use 1ster #6...Brown and Klaravich always dangerous but he has some negatives...sale purchase for 85k a year ago, now in for 25k, and debut runners in mdn clm dirt sprints not a strong angle for Chad, #5 looks awful at first but gets a positive jockey switch and could be the controlling speed in the race...#7 turf to dirt cutback and has some solid recent works, 1st dirt start w/ blinkers, and #8 has some dirt races that are good enough to win here.

R3: #6 will take $ and will be tough like all Pletcher 2yo 1sters but I was against this one when entered on Saturday and although this appears to be a weaker spot...I don't mind taking a shot against him with the Albertrani 2nd timer #5. #4 may take some $ and does look like a live 1ster in a weak race but Zito 0/51 L5 years @ Sar w/ 2yo 1sters in msw dirt sprints.

Just some random thoughts as i'm going through the Saturday card...NY based trainers, Weaver and Galluscio continue to win races (and at a great percentage) @ Spa while still paying big prices. Rosario and Javy have a great battle brewing for jockey title. Ramsey likely to win owners title, but most of his horses and other Kentucky shippers continue to be over bet and under perform in a lot of spots. Depressed that we only have 21 racing days left of meet...

I have much respect for trainers Shirreffs, Amoss and Morse, but they are likely gonna have to win a race at this meet before i use them on the top end of my tickets.

Back