Saratoga 7/22-9/5

12 race card at Saratoga on Saturday and a nice card at Del Mar as well

I love Saturday's Saratoga card, plus the pacific Classic card might be the only one I want to bet on all Del Mar meet. I think I might stay home and concentrate on betting

So funny how the locals at the off track treat Del Mar out here like you guys treat Saratoga, although they just love the all day action and are pretty much in on Saratoga as well...but some of these people pour in for Del Mar every day

Now 9 wins w/ 2yo's at meet for Pletcher, winning two 2YO stakes with Monmouth shippers that Beyer wise looked to be on the slower side. Pletcher still only 1 for in turf races at current Spa meet.

R11 #5 shipper trying turf for first time is taking serious money here for a trainer that is very good switching synthetic to turf.

Win #5

Saturday at The Spa 8/20

Looking at Race #7, a MSW race for 2YO colts

#3 Favorable Outcome: debuts for meets leading owner and trainer....Flatter colt was a 2YO in training purchase at Ocala's March sale for $300K selling for 10x the stud fee after working 2F in 21 seconds flat - way off rail turn, strong finish, ears pinned without asking too much (see video below)....was 2nd highest price of 6 sired by Flatter at that sale...solid Saratoga training track works on 7/29, 7/22, 7/16 and nice work pattern as well. ...half to a $175k earner

[video]http://www.obssales.com/marcatalog/2016/246.mp4[/video]

I'll be throwing up some myself. Let me know what you think of Race 11 and if we have a chance

8/20 R11 was originally R8 from 8/13

I'm definitely rooting for you...#2 maybe back to two turns, back to Spa and 1st tag is just what the doctor ordered. Mott is very good stretching horses out on turf.

Speaking of doctor, #6 Dream Doctor is my value pick in this race...+33 Trakus in last race, two back made up ground on a speed favoring turf course...fairhill shippers have been great at this meet...Woolley is a sharp turf trainer with a $4.72 ROI in all turf races over the last year

#3 is clearly the one to beat, a well spotted big class drop for meets leading trainer who is about to pull away in the standings...beaten 3 1/2 lengths in last vs American Patriot (perfect trip winner) who ran huge in Secretariat at Arlington last weekend....looking at running lines you see stablemates Camelot Kitten, Call Provision and Beach Patrol, also see Highland Sky, win vs Giant Run...1st blinkers today and that's a good move for Chad

8/20 R11 was originally R8 from 8/13

I'm definitely rooting for you...#2 maybe back to two turns, back to Spa and 1st tag is just what the doctor ordered. Mott is very good stretching horses out on turf.

Speaking of doctor, #6 Dream Doctor is my value pick in this race...+33 Trakus in last race, two back made up ground on a speed favoring turf course...fairhill shippers have been great at this meet...Woolley is a sharp turf trainer with a $4.72 ROI in all turf races over the last year

#3 is clearly the one to beat, a well spotted big class drop for meets leading trainer who is about to pull away in the standings...beaten 3 1/2 lengths in last vs American Patriot (perfect trip winner) who ran huge in Secretariat at Arlington last weekend....looking at running lines you see stablemates Camelot Kitten, Call Provision and Beach Patrol, also see Highland Sky, win vs Giant Run...1st blinkers today and that's a good move for Chad
:shake2:

R9 Fourstardave, originally R10 8/13

#1 is the speed

#2 8-1 ml last week now 6-1 ml this week, hmm...trainer not having the best meet but definitely is a top contender...ran big two back off layoff in Dixie and I'll dismiss the last which was during the Lynch suspension

#3 I could be way off here but at 20-1 ml I definitely see value here...beaten fav at Monmouth in last but ran without blinkers when better races are with b's...now gets them back today and Elizabeth Voss is 3 for her last 5 when adding blinkers...Beyer figs are more important in dirt races than in turf races imo but matches up w/ most of these, especially considering the price. A win vs Divisidero and Force The Pass (a contender here) three back....beaten 2 1/4 lengths vs Mondialiste (Arlington Million winner) on yielding turf (not best trip) in Woodbine Mile last September, so definitely not out classed here

#4 is a contender for Goldberg who's always dangerous when shipping to Spa...caught chasing wire to wire speed winners in last two races

#5 is facing much better here than in last which was on yielding turf...Clement is ice cold at meet

#6 another one out of Dixie that I like, that was 1st start in over a year so should take another step forward...moves from 10 post to 6 on re-draw

#7 is better sprinting imo

#8 could win but at a short price in a wide open race I'll pass...Mott hasn't been the greatest with favorites lately....winner of last came back to win G2 Eddie Read at Del Mar with a 104 Beyer

#9 I'm against...I thought ran best in Dixie two back but there was give in that ground and he was going to get that give last week but won't get it on Saturday, also moves from 4 post to 9 on re-draw

Last edited:
Had a nice day at Toga

Need Chrome to cash big DD (not payout, way I played it) and saver win Dortmund

On 7/9 Catch a Glimpse time in Belmont Oaks was 1:59.87 quicker than the boys as time for Belmont Derby that same day was 2:00.51

Back