Saratoga 7/22-9/5

R10 Win #9

Nobody Move was featured on NYRA's trips and traps 7/29 R7: slow start, trailed, 9-10 wide turn

From Nyra.com

Fields are taking shape for Travers Day this Saturday at Saratoga Race Course, comprised of seven graded stakes and anchored by the traditional summer showcase of the nation's top 3-year-olds, the Grade 1, $1.25 million Travers.

With as many as 14 eyeing a start in the 147th running of the "Mid-summer Derby" on Saturday, August 27, this year's edition looks to attract one of the largest fields in the race's storied history. The largest field in the Travers was in 1977, when 14 went to post. In 1965 and1990, 13 horses started in the Travers, and in 1956 and 2008, there were 12 runners.

Leading the list of probable contenders is multiple Grade 1 winnerExaggerator, who took the Haskell Invitational last time out by 1 ½ lengths on a sloppy and sealed track for owners Big Chief Racing and trainer Keith Desormeaux.

Chad Brown, currently the leading trainer at Saratoga, could be represented by as many as three runners in the 1 ¼-mile Travers asConnect and Gift Box, the respective 1-2 finishers of the Curlin on July 29, are likely to be joined by My Man Sam, who was beaten a neck coming off an 11-week layoff in a July 23 allowance.

Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert is likely to ship Haskell runner-upAmerican Freedom and impressive allowance winner Arrogate from his California training base, while newly inducted Hall of Famer Steve Asmussen is also likely to send a pair of contenders in Grade 1 Belmont winner Creator and Grade 2 Louisiana Derby winner Gun Runner.

Also pointing to the Travers are multiple Grade 2 winner Mohaymen for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin; Belmont runner-up Destin for two-time Travers-winning trainer Todd Pletcher; Laoban, the front-running upset winner of the Grade 2 Jim Dandy on July 30, trained by Eric Guillot; Jim Dandy runner-up Governor Malibu for trainer Christophe Clement;Forever d'Oro, a half-brother to multiple graded stakes winners Unbridled Forever and Forever Unbridled for the Dallas Stewart barn; and Mikhail Yanakov trainee Anaximandros, fourth last time out in the Grade 2 West Virginia Derby. Mo Tom is also possible.

Also on Travers Day, Juddmonte Farm's Flintshire will look to defend his title in the Grade 1, $1 million Longines Sword Dancer, one of five additional Grade 1 contests Saturday afternoon and a "Win and You're In" qualifier for the Breeders' Cup Turf. Confirmed to take on Flintshire areGrand Tito, runner-up to Flintshire in the Grade 2 Bowling Green on July 30, Applicator, and Inordinate.

The Grade 1, $750,000 Personal Ensign, which carries a "Win and You're In" berth into the Distaff, is expected to feature a salty showdown between multiple graded stakes winners Cavorting, Curalina, Forever Unbridled, I'm a Chatterbox and Paid Up Subscriber.

The undefeated Lady Eli will step into the starting gate for the Grade 2, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa as she looks to make her first start since winning the Grade 1 Belmont Oaks in July 2015. Also likely for the race are Excilly, Miss Temple City, Sentiero Italia, Strike Charmer, andSweet Acclaim.

A "Win and You're In" event for the Sprint, the Grade 1, $700,000 Priority One Jets Forego is expected to attract A. P. Indian, All Star Red, Anchor Down, Catalina Red, Dannie's Deceiver, Limousine Liberal, Marking,Ready for Rye and Stallwalkin' Dude. Green Gratto and Schivarelli are questionable.

On tap for the Grade 1, $500,000 Ballerina, a "Win and You're In" for the Filly & Mare Sprint, are Birdatthewire, By the Moon, Carina Mia,Haveyougoneaway, Linda Linda, Paulassilverlining, Sarah Sis, Sheer Drama, Spelling Again and Wavell Avenue. Cali Star and Stopchargingmaria are possible.

The Grade 1, $500,000 Ketel One King's Bishop for 3-year-old sprinters is expected to draw Bird Song, Drefong, Economic Model, Fish Trappe Road, Jazzy Times, Mind Your Biscuits, Noholdingback Bear, Rated R Superstar, Star Hill, Summer Revolution and Tom's Ready. Celtic Chaos, Its All Relevant and Voluntario are possible to start.

Riding assignments for the Grade 1, $1.25 million Travers, in alphabetical order:

[TABLE="width: 569"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR]
[TD]HORSE[/TD]
[TD]JOCKEY[/TD]
[TD]TRAINER[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]American Freedom[/TD]
[TD]Rafael Bejarano[/TD]
[TD]Bob Baffert[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Anaximandros[/TD]
[TD]Leonel Reyes[/TD]
[TD]Mikhail Yanakov[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arrogate[/TD]
[TD]Mike Smith[/TD]
[TD]Bob Baffert[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Connect[/TD]
[TD]John Velazquez[/TD]
[TD]Chad Brown[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Creator[/TD]
[TD]Irad Ortiz, Jr.[/TD]
[TD]Steve Asmussen[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Destin[/TD]
[TD]Javier Castellano[/TD]
[TD]Todd Pletcher[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Exaggerator[/TD]
[TD]Kent Desormeaux[/TD]
[TD]Keith Desormeaux[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Forever d'Oro[/TD]
[TD]Luis Saez[/TD]
[TD]Dallas Stewart[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gift Box[/TD]
[TD]Junior Alvarado[/TD]
[TD]Chad Brown[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Governor Malibu[/TD]
[TD]Joel Rosario[/TD]
[TD]Christophe Clement[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gun Runner[/TD]
[TD]Florent Geroux[/TD]
[TD]Steve Asmussen[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Laoban[/TD]
[TD]Jose Ortiz[/TD]
[TD]Eric Guillot[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Majesto[/TD]
[TD]Ricardo Santana, Jr.[/TD]
[TD]Gustavo Delgado[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]My Man Sam[/TD]
[TD]Manny Franco[/TD]
[TD]Chad Brown[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Seeking Blame[/TD]
[TD]Joe Bravo[/TD]
[TD]Dallas Stewart[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Today's card looks very tough, I've only narrowed down 2 races (2nd and 10th), the rest I have 5-7 reasonable contenders. Gonna be a day where I take the top 2 prices of my contenders and daily double them into the next race. Hopefully I can hit a couple and make the day worthwhile.

Highest price contenders (other contenders)
Race 3 - 8,9 (4,6,7,11)
Race 4 - 6,7 (1,3,4,5)
Race 5 - 1,2 (5,6,7)
Race 6 - 1,5 (6,7,8,10)
Race 7 - 5,9,12 all 10/1+ (2,3,8,11)
Race 8 - 6 (1,4,5)
Race 9 - 6,10 (2,7,8)
Race 10 - 5 (8,11)

If I were to play a bigger ticket Pick 5 today, it would be 4,7 / 11,4,6,7,9 / 1,3 / 5,6,7 / 5,7,10 ($90 for 50 cent base)

Frustrating....draw the rail and I figured Johnny V will send...doesn't so Saez goes and wires field...right idea

Only half inch of rain and it's so warm it shouldn't even be an issue....saving it for tomorrow....1 thing I hate about Spa

Fri 8/26

R1: 4,5 look to be the main contenders in here off their impressive debut wins...I give edge to #4 who broke sharp and was able to rate vs open company....has trained forwardly since with 5 recorded works vs #5 who ran 18 days ago...maybe a cold exacta #4-3 for me....I'll use the red hot Charlie Baker 2nd off his impressive debut win...Baker says has showed promise from day 1 and 6.5 furlongs should suit him well.

R2 I did have some different ideas on turf but on dirt #4 is an Elusive Quality (16% firsters) 2YO filly debuting for Chad/Dubb with solid dirt works....#2 and #8 exit the same race and #8 adds lasix today but ran with track bias in last (S+) while #2 ran vs bias

R3 #1,4,5 look like the main players...I'll side with #1 who's lightly raced and still has room for improvement...off maiden win in debut was ambitiously spotted in NY Derby

Only half inch of rain and it's so warm it shouldn't even be an issue....saving it for tomorrow....1 thing I hate about Spa
I get that they are saving the turf, but as you said it warm enough for the turf to dry, especially for the later races, and there's only 10 racing days left

No clear read with R4 on dirt...#9 looks like a contender but Lisa Lewis is 0/27 on the year....mto #5 is a contender but Clement is ice cold at meet...#1 is a Chad/Klaravich 2nd time starter who was an even money beaten fav as firster

R5: I'll be rooting very hard for a good friend of mine who claimed #1 three back...then 2nd in open company G3 at Mth...then in NY Derby at Flakes last out - didn't break very sharp but secured great inside position but was shuffled back to last to re-rally 3 wide and finish with run vs wire to wire winner (#6)...should get a better pace setup today

R7: I'll be against likely fav #6 who is bred for dirt but will be bet because of her turf races...siding with the maiden vs winners here...#3 adds blinkers and lasix today for Baker...made up ground in debut after poor start in a race that was dominated up front...4 of 5 siblings have won including $548K earner Johannesburg Smile

R8: seems to be a lot of early speed in here so looking for an off the pace runner...#9 last two races were very good vs open company, winner of last has a legit chance in Saturday's G2 Ballston Spa vs Lady Eli....#7 also exits an open company race, won this race last year...hot trainer/jockey combo....also looking at #5 who has turf races vs state bred company that makes her a contender...#13 will take money if drawn in off AE list...comes into race with four race winning streak but has to deal with outside post

R9 #6,10 should keep #2 honest up front.....really needed #4 in last at 7-1 beaten at wire by Bravo who jumps aboard Kharafa today...two back didn't get good position after a good start, was shuffled back three or four spots, very wide

More work to do in R10 but at first glance...#3 will have to get the 1 1/8 but appears to be the lone speed

Travers Day:

Race 1: #3 2nd time out for Asmussen is a nice angle and this one showed something first out with a 2nd place finish behind a nice looking Pletcher horse in Theory and was 4 lengths clear of the show horse. Of course he'll have to beat another Pletcher in #2, a $1.3 million purchase for Repole, Tabor and company, out of Uncle Mo and a stakes winning dam, can't ignore. #4 For Brown and Klaravich is working well and really like the spacing of the works, the last 2 gate drill going 5F look good. The only other one I will consider here is #8 for Shug, whose not known for having firsters geared up but this ones dam won a few G1's and was 5 for 5 at 2 herself.

Race 2: appears most of the early speed will be coming from the outside posts. #6 top 2 tries have come going around 2 turns, 3rd off a layoff and 2nd time blinkers, could see a better start this time out and be put in a good position. #10 finished right behind #6 last time out and now comes back 2nd off a layoff and 2nd time Lasix, has shown some tactical speed which can help secure a good spot and should be able to get the jump off the deep closers. #11 cuts back 2 panels after fading as early speed in last effort, may not be able to clear here from the outside but has shown an ability to come from off the pace In previous 2 starts, probably the one to beat but will have to earn it I think. #4 showed great improvement in latest and up and coming young trainer Liam Benson thought enough to ship up from the Jersey shore for this one. Will need to take another step forward to challenge for top,spot but will be a nice price to include underneath in exotics.

Race 3: I'll take a stand against #2 for Baffert, who also owns this one, think 6.5F might be a little short and if Bob thought that much of the horse he wouldn't have left him with Lukas for a race to run for a tag. #3 has been off since last November, but did win a G2 last year and McLaughlin can have one ready off the break, works seem a little light but wouldn't be shocked. #4 also off a layoff after taking G2 Indiana Derby last summer, won debut at 5.5F so should be able to handle this cut back, should be coming late. #8 was private purchase off the come back win in last and moves to Chad who has put in a nice series of works into for this one.

Race 4: #3 gets some class relief after running in a series of stakes races and facing Time and Motion and Catch a Glimpse, the one to beat. #8 who took a step forward trying turf for first time for Clement in last and just missed against On leave who returned to take the Riskaverse here on Thursday. #5 and #10 deadheated for show last time out behind Fourstar Crook who came back to win the Yaddo yesterday, both are capable but I would consider B horses along with #1.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5, align: center"]SARATOGA RACE COURSE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5, align: center"]SCRATCHES AND PROGRAM CHANGES FOR SATURDAY, 8/27/2016[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: SmallTxt, colspan: 5, align: center"]Last Updated: 9:52:55 AM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="bgcolor: eb162c"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]TRACK CONDITIONS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: f4f4f4"]
[TD="width: 20%, colspan: 1"]Weather:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]MOSTLY SUNNY, 61 (Morning)
11:35 AM (Post)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Track:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]FAST[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Turf:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]FIRM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Turf Races:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]2, 4, 5, 10, 12, 13[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Inner:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Set at 0 Ft[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Mellon:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Set at 0 Ft[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]P6 Carryover:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]NONE Takeout - 15.00 %[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]DAILY NOTES[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]$1 MILLION GUARANTEED PICK 4; $400,000 GUARANTEED PICK 5; $250,000 GUARANTEED PICK 6 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]SCRATCHES[/TD]
[/TR]