Saquon Barkley Scouting Report by VirginiaCavs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget the writer , but it was a prominent college writer say today that’s it’s a two man race between him and mayfield

Props to Barkley backers for watching footage and looking past the lack of flashy stats like Love boasts behind those giant holes his blockers open for him

I forget the writer , but it was a prominent college writer say today that’s it’s a two man race between him and mayfield
Between Barkley and Baker?

Wow, since the opening kick return at the Shoe Barkley has been a no-show(mostly). That is amazing.

Nobody was running through those holes for Stanford in the Oregon State game..

Love missing a game was the biggest evidence that he is the best RB in college football this year...

Cavs. Btw. The guy BAR is talking about is just only the best runnin back ever in the NFL. Goes by the name of Barry sanders

Between Barkley and Baker?

Wow, since the opening kick return at the Shoe Barkley has been a no-show(mostly). That is amazing.

(Mostly)

But when he had the chance to with decent blocking or being put in open space like that insane touchdown vs buckeyes or even when he wasn't but still made big plays anyways.

(Mostly)

But when he had the chance to with decent blocking or being put in open space like that insane touchdown vs buckeyes or even when he wasn't but still made big plays anyways.
Stop with the 'blocking' man.

Go make something happen. If you are that good, you should not run for 20-30-40 yards a game without the usual one big run just about every game.

Hey I'm a huge cowboys fan. Loved emitt. But holy Shit if Barry ran behind that line
Bingo.

Dallas fans knew that too. I was in that area the week after the infamous MNF game at Texas Stadium and all they could talk about was Barry...they were amazed...

194-143 that game ;)

Nobody was running through those holes for Stanford in the Oregon State game..

Love missing a game was the biggest evidence that he is the best RB in college football this year...

Him and Lamar get overrated by being the only playmaker on the team. Nobody else to steal any of the shadow. But yes some are better at running through holes than others. And the difference explodes in magnitude. Give a good running back those holes...

Go make something happen. If you are that good, you should not run for 20-30-40 yards a game without the usual one big run just about every game.

He regularly turns losses into decent gains by eluding more defenders than Love often does in his huge td runs

How bad is this Penn State line ? Apologist seem to make it seem that it is worse than Rutgers ( I have no idea if Rutgers has a bad line or not I just assume they do)

You are grasping now.

Barkley should be better with all these playmakers he has then. It means more open space and the defense has more to concentrate on.

You make the case for Love and Lamar right there. You say they have no one else? Well damn, their job is MUCH tougher.

Alright,

I think we all can admit that Saquon Barkley is the best player in the country at making a 6 yard loss turn into a 4 yard loss.

You are grasping now.

Barkley should be better with all these playmakers he has then. It means more open space and the defense has more to concentrate on.

You make the case for Love and Lamar right there. You say they have no one else? Well damn, their job is MUCH tougher.

Not when defenses play in prevent and Lamar gets a 55 yard td in garbage time vs Wake. Not when fsu defense is so stupid and keeps going for the rb on those option plays. When you're one guy it's so easy to hog the statistics especially in garbage time and against defenses like unc

You are grasping now.

No blockers, hard to get open space

when i watch him, he often refuses to lower his shoulder and drive defenders for a couple extra yds. instead, he's always trying some ridiculous spin move to turn it into a huge play. thus, he turns 5 yd gains into 3 yd gains.

when i watch him, he often refuses to lower his shoulder and drive defenders for a couple extra yds. instead, he's always trying some ridiculous spin move to turn it into a huge play. thus, he turns 5 yd gains into 3 yd gains.

Ive seen him truck opposing defenders so many times, its something he takes pride in doing. He is relied upon at the goalline. Taking stuff outside happens the minority of the time but that proclivity is a flaw in his playing

That is enough Saquon talk for me.

It goes nowhere with a fanboy.

It is what it is.

He has no showcase games left so good luck to him in the draft.

hmm Per my Phil Steele, they have the Penn state offensive line rated #2 in the conference. I admit, that I don't agree with that assessment, but would seem to be quite the reach(-around in the shower?) to make the case that is why he is so drastically under-performing against expectations.

hmm Per my Phil Steele, they have the Penn state offensive line rated #2 in the conference. I admit, that I don't agree with that assessment, but would seem to be quite the reach(-around in the shower?) to make the case that is why he is so drastically under-performing against expectations.
Omg. Here we go

I agree that you shouldn't talk about it if it gets you angry and it doesn't offend you, bar.

Hopefully a non-PSU hater would like to chime in with some calm reasoning.

Feel free to not denigrate me as a fan-boy for every positive thing I say about psu. I re-watched the footage and that's what I have to say about him. Calm disussion.

I agree that you shouldn't talk about it if it gets you angry and it doesn't offend you, bar.

Hopefully a non-PSU hater would like to chime in with some calm reasoning.
I told ya I'm not a Barkley fan

No one is saying that Barkley isn't a good player. No one is saying they don't like him. People are just saying that him being considered for Heisman is ridiculous on its face.

Also Assume that player A is playing behind a worse offensive line than player B and has less offensive talent around him, while playing very similar levels of schedule...

Player A
114 yards per game at 6.3 yards per carry

Player B
96 yards per game at 5.7 yards per carry

Who is the better runner over that sample?

No one is saying that Barkley isn't a good player. No one is saying they don't like him. People are just saying that him being considered for Heisman is ridiculous on its face.

Also Assume that player A is playing behind a worse offensive line than player B and has less offensive talent around him, while playing very similar levels of schedule...

Player A
114 yards per game at 6.3 yards per carry

Player B
96 yards per game at 5.7 yards per carry

Who is the better runner over that sample?
But where do they receive the hand-off?

Not when defenses play in prevent and Lamar gets a 55 yard td in garbage time vs Wake. Not when fsu defense is so stupid and keeps going for the rb on those option plays. When you're one guy it's so easy to hog the statistics especially in garbage time and against defenses like unc

They were showing it for scouting reports!!

(COUGH COUGH)

No wonder guys like vk take it upon themselves to troll when the mod does it himself. He tells me not to talk about psu but lets the older guys make tasteless provocations because it suits his own anti-psu bias. But gotta bow down to the man, might is right.
Thanks for trashing my thread bar. Hopefully a more reasonable mod who isn't a compulsive psu hater will clean up your mess

No wonder guys like vk take it upon themselves to troll when the mod does it himself. He tells me not to talk about psu but lets the older guys make tasteless provocations because it suits his own anti-psu bias. But gotta bow down to the man, might is right.
Thanks for trashing my thread bar. Hopefully a more reasonable mod who isn't a compulsive psu hater will clean up your mess
I am not trolling.

This thread was trash when you decided to scout Saqoun. I appreciate the efforts but YOU KNEW exactly how this would go.

I tried talking rational here but that is all over...so I guess to lighten the mood the ole JoePa shit his pants video was in order...

It is not like I said he was "running from the cops"

That would have been trashing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back