Richard Sherman

that also comes with maturity twinkie. Brady was rocking the backwards hat during the post game celebration of his first SB Win. he doesn't do that anymore (because Giselle won't let him but that's another discussion).

point is, people get older and things change. Prime Time used to rock the gold chains then he turned more professional when he got to SF and Dallas...

yes. Look at the biggest ones. How do they dress?

Let me ask you this. Remember how Ray Lewis used to act and dress? Look at how he dressed at the end of his career and look at where he is now? Any correlation.

None. He probably grew up and stopped killing people. I think I need to step away from this thread because what you've just posted is absolute madness in my mind. Half these guys dress like shit, just because they threw on a suit doesn't mean they look professional.

If you are the QB at a press conference in the champ game, or any game and you rep my franchise.....Id like a suit to be worn.

Is that insane?

dress how you want at work next, lemme know how that goes

analogy doesn't work here I'm afraid. I work in an office. NFL players wear tights for a living and play a children's game.

Can think about 100 people off the top of my head who are very successful and wear whatever the fuck they want, whenever the fuck they want.

None. He probably grew up and stopped killing people. I think I need to step away from this thread because what you've just posted is absolute madness in my mind. Half these guys dress like shit, just because they threw on a suit doesn't mean they look professional.
LOL pray tell

how so?

If you are the QB at a press conference in the champ game, or any game and you rep my franchise.....Id like a suit to be worn.

Is that insane?

It's not insane and I have no problem with that, however it is insane if you think how your QB dresses has anything to do with how he plays

LOL pray tell

how so?

Oh come on. I swear some of them have those Steve Harvey suits on. Some of them wear a suit thats 5 times too big and looks like a parachute. Then there's the guys that are just way over the top. Would be curious with all there money how many actually get tailored, I'm guessing maybe 10%

You didn't say half of the guys. You said stars. And yes, in case you didn't know it, how you dress or are perceived matters. It will get you more endorsements, a bigger contract, or keep you around longer. You honestly don't know this? Fyi it applies to others parts of life as well.

Back to the original intent of the thread...

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
Crabtree on Sherman, per quote sheet: "He's a TV guy. I'm not a TV guy. I play ball. He makes one play and he talks. Good play."

analogy doesn't work here I'm afraid. I work in an office. NFL players wear tights for a living and play a children's game.

Can think about 100 people off the top of my head who are very successful and wear whatever the fuck they want, whenever the fuck they want.
Give me a few,,,,who they work for?

It does work...not for you perhaps

Ive seen Cam Newton many times this year...nicely suited lookin daper. NBA has a rule it seems, I agree with it.

Does it have anything to do with performance? Likely not, but maybe so....the Hoodie looks like shit and does a good job

I like the look of being prfessional....Ive said forever Tony Romo looks like shit with the hat and tee sshirt...

Oh come on. I swear some of them have those Steve Harvey suits on. Some of them wear a suit thats 5 times too big and looks like a parachute. Then there's the guys that are just way over the top. Would be curious with all there money how many actually get tailored, I'm guessing maybe 10%
maybe years ago...not now and you know it

He is the front man of the team...the CEO was figure of speech

He is the forefront of the team. The face.

You may not like my choice of words, but essentially he is.

Romo has since changed the dress

So as long as he dresses nice it will flow through to the way he carries himself? Doesnt stop Popovich being a dick to the media. I'd say a coach is at the forefront of a team.

i

If we are talking in general people who are successful and dress like shit? Gates, jobs, Allen.. Can go on forever. Now ljc has changed his answer. You said how you play and how you dress has a correlation. Now you are talking about how you dress and how much money you make has a correlation. I can't dispute that.. I'm well aware of it, far better then you I'm sure.

Twinkie we both know as far as fashion goes I've got no problems with what you are saying. It's the other shit being said that's honestly making me laugh. I wish I was in better shape to argue , but I just don't care right low

So as long as he dresses nice it will flow through to the way he carries himself? Doesnt stop Popovich being a dick to the media. I'd say a coach is at the forefront of a team.

i
In this day and age I would disagree. Especially for QBs in the NFL. Obviously I am not saying if you dress better you play better, That is dumb. However having a nice appearance at press conferences and post game interviews and wearing a suit for the multi million dollar team you rep and the multi billion org you rep shouldnt be much to ask

And who said Pop dressed nice?

In this day and age I would disagree. Especially for QBs in the NFL. Obviously I am not saying if you dress better you play better, That is dumb. However having a nice appearance at press conferences and post game interviews and wearing a suit for the multi million dollar team you rep and the multi billion org you rep shouldnt be much to ask

And who said Pop dressed nice?

I agree with everything here. Whew. Cya in the style forum and good night

I have no problem whatsoever with the Interview. The problem I had is him going at Crabtree after the play and talking shit and rubbing it in. I wish Crabtree would have ripped off his helmet and beat the shit out of him. You never see that shit in Hockey because you'll get your ass kicked for it.

and Krap has to wear head phones every interview>

GTFO

take that shit off

Also, get off Twink's lawn.

=)

I can just see it now "Sorry, $5 doesn't by my undivided attention, Robert" (scene, Kap exits screen shot wearing headphones and kissing his biceps.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Interview. The problem I had is him going at Crabtree after the play and talking shit and rubbing it in. I wish Crabtree would have ripped off his helmet and beat the shit out of him. You never see that shit in Hockey because you'll get your ass kicked for it.

This x100

Well said. I was going to comment on this but you already did. Sherman can say whatever he wants, he's a trash talker, we all know that. But when he tapped Crabtree on the ass and then started talking shit, that was bush league. Don't touch anybody.

As far as the dressing goes, it's pretty much the younger guys who who dress and speak all fucked up. As they get older and mature, they'll be ok..... hopefully.

It's a football game is my point. Who gives a shit imo. Huge rivalry.

Related shit...Pam Oliver clearly not a fan of Hemmingway.

I think the NFL has succeeded so much at removing the emotion of the game whether it be with limiting celebration, limiting physical play, limiting taunting etc etc that we are conditioned to react to a player talking smack about another player. This is sports. Most of us have played sports on some level and shit talking is part of the game. Whether it was Jordan, Bird, Marino, LT, or one of us on the high school grid iron or local blacktop, shit talking is part of the game.

Yes, on the one hand, you wish he would have been more classy in that moment but on the other hand .... give me the emotion .. allow it ... forgive it .... because I would rather see emotion not necessarily harnessed perfectly vs seeing a robot with pat answers to every question, or who appears to not care ... because that just doesn't do it for me.

Give me celebration, make the receiver of a taunt be the better man instead of the taunter ( make a play and then it is your turn to talk shit and taunt ), let guys talk shit and play the game. We all joke about it being the No Fun League but now we are getting conditioned to accept it and we shouldn't.

So I actually liked it.

I think the NFL has succeeded so much at removing the emotion of the game whether it be with limiting celebration, limiting physical play, limiting taunting etc etc that we are conditioned to react to a player talking smack about another player. This is sports. Most of us have played sports on some level and shit talking is part of the game. Whether it was Jordan, Bird, Marino, LT, or one of us on the high school grid iron or local blacktop, shit talking is part of the game.

Yes, on the one hand, you wish he would have been more classy in that moment but on the other hand .... give me the emotion .. allow it ... forgive it .... because I would rather see emotion not necessarily harnessed perfectly vs seeing a robot with pat answers to every question, or who appears to not care ... because that just doesn't do it for me.

Give me celebration, make the receiver of a taunt be the better man instead of the taunter ( make a play and then it is your turn to talk shit and taunt ), let guys talk shit and play the game. We all joke about it being the No Fun League but now we are getting conditioned to accept it and we shouldn't.

So I actually liked it.

Good post...

So I actually liked it.

Yup

sherman1.jpg

Sherman makes one play all game vs. a mediocre WR (his words) and feels the need to proclaim himself the best CB in the game along with the other antics after the play/game. If Sherman is the best player at his position, there would be no need to say anything to crab or the public about making an ordinary play vs an ordinary player. The first thing he said was the he's the best CB in the game, not that his team and Defense played so well all game to allow him the opportunity to make a play. Or that malcolm smith was in position to INT the ball to end the game instead of giving SF 3 more chances.

I wish that were Boldin and not Crab in that position at the end of the game. Sherman would have been getting carted off the field instead of giving that interview.

If you're a player on the best defense in the NFL I think you're allowed to act like an animal. I'd rather have a guy make the play and act like an idiot after the game instead of not making the play and acting like a gentleman. I'm sure Seattle fans aren't disgusted with him.

The people that are so up in arms about Sherman, do/did you feel the same about Jordan?

Somebody that isn't on mobile want to post the Jordan gif wagging his finger at Mutombo.

One thing that is really bothering me...

Can people stop pretending Richard Sherman is really smart just because he went to Stanford?

Allen Iverson and Patrick Ewing both attended Georgetown University. Have you ever heard either one of those humans speak?

Argument over.

Also..what Sherman did was completely unprofessional/obnoxious. Anyone defending him is either from Seattle, or had a Seattle -3.5 ticket.

It wasn't the fact that he acted like an uncontrollable imbecile, it was the fact that he felt the need to take a shot at Crabtree after the game. Totally disrespectful and uncalled for.

if crabtree was talkn shit fuck em. Kaep and 9ers showed up the panthers same shit, that's what they get

Now stop bitching and fucking adapt

Adapt? Adapt to being an absolute moron in front of a national audience? It's one thing to be on the field and trash talk where none of us (including young kids) can hear. But then it's another when a pro athlete shows how to act like a complete idiot after making the game winning play. Yea, let's adapt to looking like jackass.

ALeqM5jH1CdumZ4bDNmpwn4lOtObRW8WGQ

the guy that owns that is happy with sherman. that has to mean something.

I literally LOL'ed twice in this post. I honestly don't think that has ever happened before for me. Good stuff.

Well he writes for MMQB and does it well....

There is a very common misconception about me that ends today. It seems some people believe I lack respect, especially for my opponents. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m a football guy, and there are few things I enjoy more than watching tape and breaking down quarterbacks. It’s a long, tedious process, but I believe the way we approach film study in Seattle both sets us apart on the field and enhances my own appreciation for the best players in the NFL.
Before I share my top 5 smartest quarterbacks of 2013, with an emphasis on the most intelligent passers in the game, please understand that I’m not talking about these guys in terms of reputation or highlight reel plays. In Seattle, we chart players the same way scouts do, and we approach games with heads full of tendencies translated from raw data.
For example, we keep track of how many passes the opponent throws down the field 20 yards or more, and what route concepts they like on 3rd and long, medium and short. Does the quarterback go through all of his progressions? Does he stare his targets down? When you’re playing a team more than once in a season, you’ve got to consider that quarterbacks make adjustments depending on the defense they face. They’re considering the reads they’ll make and the times they’ll look to scramble based on their experience against your scheme. Our coaches chart those tendencies and give them to us in scouting reports.

Not bad. I'd switch Rogers and Brady in that article but what do i know. :shake:

what did he do exactly that you're not happy with? crabtree could have been in his ear the entire time sf had the lead ... it's not like this is golf ... they kind of have to get into a mindset that doesn't look too good on tv. no?

don't get me wrong when it happened i think i said ... don't ruin yourself ... but he redeemed himself in the other interviews. it was almost like they knew what he did and wanted to give him another chance on the air.

So I actually liked it.

this is very good, im impressed

Back