Richard Sherman

And definitely one of the best post game interviews of all time whether you like what he said or not.

This is clearly racist

If a white dude this there would be no uproar

I disagree. Some are taking this opportunity to be racist. But if some overly jacked white guy, like Watt or Cushing went all roid rage—or Jared Allen, anyone who doesn't have a cuddly image, they'd get buried too.

The volume on the racism is louder because simply by being black Sherman provides the opportunity for racists to be racists. Shit, some of 'em may not have even seen the game. Fucking racists.

You know who'd get buried on this, Riley fucking Cooper. If he said exactly the same things Sherman said. Fucking buried.

Fucking Racist Cooper and his mullet.

I dont think anyone here is being racist

but old white NFL writers have a history of not outright racism but double standards so I definitely think there's a bit of that going on

the hat thing with Kaep last week being exhibit A, he gets called out for a backwards hat, backwards hat is the Tony Romo Uniform of choice and nothing gets said

This is clearly racist

If a white dude this there would be no uproar

I disagree. Some are taking this opportunity to be racist. But if some overly jacked white guy, like Watt or Cushing went all roid rage—or Jared Allen, anyone who doesn't have a cuddly image, they'd get buried too.

The volume on the racism is louder because simply by being black Sherman provides the opportunity for racists to be racists. Shit, some of 'em may not have even seen the game. Fucking racists.

Maybe but I doubt it. I'm not saying ljc is a racist. I'm just saying that if Sherman were white the reaction would be far different and far less

Id like to believe you

Why because I think a man embarrassed himself on TV. If that were my son I'd be pissed at him. When you win you act like you should win and show humility. You don't call a man out on tv. If you have a real problem with him you settle it between you two.

I haven't even looked at Twitter for fear of ShermanOverload but I wouldn't be suprised to see senseless racist comments on the board, I don't care what color this guy is, he was really punkish in his actions.

Sherman is just the villian in a vaudeville act. He knows it and he plays up to it. At least its better then some douche thanking god

If players want to shut him up then beat him.

Why the hell does everyone pull out the race card?????

Isnt it plain old common sense? What Sherman did wasn't against the rules. It was just trash talk. Freedom of speech in my eyes. What could the NFL fine him for?

I don't get this "classy" thing in football, as my girl Christy Tiegen pointed out. Football is a gammmmmeeee. Entertainment. This isn't the military. These guys are on that field for one single purpose , entertainment. I don't care about these guys that go up to the mic and give me the company line. "Well we played a good team, this , that, and the other thing happened and we won."

Fuck that. I don't care about that. I wanna hear how you truly feel. I wish there were more guys in the nfl like Sherman

Now that we are talking about racism, how the fuck do people post those kind of things that are easily viewable by friends and families, more importantly employers doing research.....I just don't get it. I fear for the lives of my children and what this world of idiots being raised by bigger idiots will involve for them.

That deadspin article is spot on, people are so ignorant, and plain dumb.

Arrogant people out there. Some of family is the same way. Can't do much to change them other than express your own views properly and hope it rubs off on them

• Richard Sherman@RSherman_25<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">53s</small>
    Everybody wanna be somebody lol... Then ball.... @DeionSanders

Expand
    • Retweet
    • Favorite
    • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" aria-haspopup="true" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(221, 221, 221);"> More</button>

• Richard Sherman@RSherman_25<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
    "Done saying I'm Done playing"

Expand
    • Retweet
    • Favorite
    • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" aria-haspopup="true" data-original-title="" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(221, 221, 221);"> More</button>

• Richard Sherman@RSherman_25<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">11m</small>
    There was a lot of talk before the game.... Now I'm the bad guy lol.... Well if u judge my character on the field ....So many glass houses

Now that we are talking about racism, how the fuck do people post those kind of things that are easily viewable by friends and families, more importantly employers doing research.....I just don't get it. I fear for the lives of my children and what this world of idiots being raised by bigger idiots will involve for them.

Not to mention that some of the racists think the SuperBowl is next week

Thats the thing with twitter in particular. Similar to what happened to Sherman. People say stupid things at emotional times. But saying racist remarks is inexcusable because the thoughts are there even though they probably shouldn't have let them out.

Welcome to the Internet.

This goes along with the 'why do people play the race card' question above.

Simply put: Because they can.

And because it's the internet they know it'll either get a reaction or support—or both—depending on where they say it.

I don't think those people have employment high on their priority lists

Also, let's define unprofessional. Lebron not shaking hands with the Celtics, that's unprofessional. Sherman talking shit after a game to someone he says started it—engh, that's less unprofessional to me than it is just declining to take the high road.
I disagree completely here. I think professionally how you interact with the media as a sports mega star eclipses a shake the hand 5 year old thing with an opponent

These people in the deadspin article are either closing their twitter accounts or they are being shut down

I disagree completely here. I think professionally how you interact with the media as a sports mega star eclipses a shake the hand 5 year old thing with an opponent

I agree completely with Twinkie. What Lebron did was smart and it's what Sherman SHOULD have done. But Lebron is a completely different boat. He had enough damage done to him. Why they have to have players go shake hands right after such emotion filled games is ridiculous. It's not possible for these guys to shut their emotions off minutes after the game is over and act like their friends.

I dont think anyone here is being racist

but old white NFL writers have a history of not outright racism but double standards so I definitely think there's a bit of that going on

the hat thing with Kaep last week being exhibit A, he gets called out for a backwards hat, backwards hat is the Tony Romo Uniform of choice and nothing gets said
Not true Cowherd has called him out multiple times and essentially said, You are The CEO of a Billion dollar deal...look the part

Romo has since dressed better I would hope

I agree with Colin as well

Fair point on dealing with the media. Disagree on the handshake thing, it's a sign of respect for the guys on the court/field/ice. Everyone in the game knows, or should know, it takes a shit ton of work to get there and a hell of a lot of effort to get through the playoffs. Being good enough to compete and busting your ass against someone deserves a handshake. Even if you're pissed off that you lost or whatever, that's on you, not them.

That's why, to me, it doesn't bother me that Sherman went off on Crabtree. He believes Crabtree talked shit about him. Well, OK, you talked shit about me and I just owned you, now I'm going to the SB. How you like them apples.

Had Sherman extended it out, called the whole team classless or whatever, then I could see the issue. And I while I can see the point about dealing with the media, they literally grabbed him walking from the field. The play happened minutes ago, the game ended seconds ago and now you're going to the SB. Tough to ask the guy not to be emotional.

Not true Cowherd has called him out multiple times and essentially said, You are The CEO of a Billion dollar deal...look the part

Romo has since dressed better I would hope

I agree with Colin as well

He's no the CEO, he is middle management. He reports to the guy who reports to the guy who reports to the guy that is CEO

Because it is a sign that you give a shit. If you want to be a star in the league, or do better at your job you need to pick up on these cues.

So you have to dress appropriately to be a star in the league?

Fair point on dealing with the media. Disagree on the handshake thing, it's a sign of respect for the guys on the court/field/ice. Everyone in the game knows, or should know, it takes a shit ton of work to get there and a hell of a lot of effort to get through the playoffs. Being good enough to compete and busting your ass against someone deserves a handshake. Even if you're pissed off that you lost or whatever, that's on you, not them.

That's why, to me, it doesn't bother me that Sherman went off on Crabtree. He believes Crabtree talked shit about him. Well, OK, you talked shit about me and I just owned you, now I'm going to the SB. How you like them apples.

Had Sherman extended it out, called the whole team classless or whatever, then I could see the issue. And I while I can see the point about dealing with the media, they literally grabbed him walking from the field. The play happened minutes ago, the game ended seconds ago and now you're going to the SB. Tough to ask the guy not to be emotional.
Agree and I said so early in the thread. Tough spot. Again, I just think you rep a huge industry. Better ways to go. So you give the internet a new "Be happy and" thing ....wooo hooooo

live in the now

So you have to dress appropriately to be a star in the league?

yes. Look at the biggest ones. How do they dress?

Let me ask you this. Remember how Ray Lewis used to act and dress? Look at how he dressed at the end of his career and look at where he is now? Any correlation.

He's no the CEO, he is middle management. He reports to the guy who reports to the guy who reports to the guy that is CEO
He is the front man of the team...the CEO was figure of speech

He is the forefront of the team. The face.

You may not like my choice of words, but essentially he is.

Romo has since changed the dress

Back