Phoenix Open and Saudi International

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Always gotta love the WM Open...great lead up to the Super Bowl. Plenty of guys over in Middle East as well. Took Hovland outright in Phoenix so far.

How many guys are playing in Phoenix that played in Dubai last week? I know Bryson for one, though I'm still stinging from fading him last week. Hovland played overseas last week too didn't he? Could be an angle

How many guys are playing in Phoenix that played in Dubai last week? I know Bryson for one, though I'm still stinging from fading him last week. Hovland played overseas last week too didn't he? Could be an angle
My outright is as well. I don't think too many. I'll cross reference later. I know Phil is already a huge fade but defending next week at Pebble on his 4th straight week of play coming back from middle East...ouch.

Guys I like in Phoenix:
Rahm, Webb, Sneds, Bubba, Morikawa, Sung Jae Im, Brendan Steele, Na

Guys I'm looking to fade:
Bryson, Spieth

Phil is an auto-fade for me. Especially next week, depending on matchup. Hope they pair him with little known guys who are playing much better than he is. Might look to fade Koepka. So so finish there last season, we know he doesn't really get up for non-majors

Ended up not being able to take some of the guys I was circling because of matchups, still managed to have more bets than I planned on.

WM:
JB (EV) vs ZJ
Sneds -115 vs Scheffler
Woodland -125 vs Bryson
Kuchar +110 vs Bryson

Saudi:
DJ -120 vs Koepka
Reed EV vs Koepka
Matt Wallace -135 vs Phil

Fading a couple of guys on travel (Bryson and Phil) and form (Phil, ZJ, and Brooks). Snedeker is playing well and has success at this course, first time for Scottie, wonder how he will react to the atmosphere. Wallace is not playing well, but I'm fading Phil until he makes me regret it

Guys I like in Phoenix:
Rahm, Webb, Sneds, Bubba, Morikawa, Sung Jae Im, Brendan Steele, Na

Guys I'm looking to fade:
Bryson, Spieth

Phil is an auto-fade for me. Especially next week, depending on matchup. Hope they pair him with little known guys who are playing much better than he is. Might look to fade Koepka. So so finish there last season, we know he doesn't really get up for non-majors

How come you don’t like Bryson this week?

Mainly the travel schedule. Woodland and Kuchar were 2 guys I was looking to back as well. Bryson got hit with a slow play warning in Dubai, I'm thinking the crowds might let him know about it this week

Mainly the travel schedule. Woodland and Kuchar were 2 guys I was looking to back as well. Bryson got hit with a slow play warning in Dubai, I'm thinking the crowds might let him know about it this week

Bubba -110 over Finau. Dont like TF at all at this event.
Woodland -125 over Bryson. I'll fade the travel for BC.

Still looking at a few others.

I'd like to take Hideki +105 vs Rickie. But this seems alot like last year where RF was awful at Farmers then rolled at the WM the week later.

Always gotta love the WM Open...great lead up to the Super Bowl. Plenty of guys over in Middle East as well. Took Hovland outright in Phoenix so far.
Woodland as well.

No fades on match-ups this week... just a few flyers

Gary 2427
Hovland 3875

We talked about the travel for Bryson. Same for Reed who went from Cali to Saudi Arabia. +3 so far.

Bubba -110 over Finau. Dont like TF at all at this event.
Woodland -125 over Bryson. I'll fade the travel for BC.

Still looking at a few others.

Peak me betting. Finau would try and finally win after I said this.

You can guarantee this goes to a playoff. I wish they would move the tee times up an hour on Sunday if this tournament.

Webb in the drink on 15. Wow. Looks like Finau finally gets that 1st win. Good for him. Very likable.

Anyone here in any One and Done fantasy leagues? Looking for good research resources.

Buddy invited me to one with nearly 80 dudes in it... ~$3k for 1st.

Wait a minute.....Finau lost? Changed the channel after 16 figuring he had it sewn up. Bummer

I am pretty sure @gps_3 does one.

I used to do one, never could manage to finish in the money. The one I was in had 600 teams, think 1st place took home $30k. I never really found great research sites, usually used the PGA website to look up current form and course history, just like everyone else. I think mainly you just have to be lucky

Back