PGA Championship

Any thoughts on Bill Haas at +3500?

I was looking at that as well. He's played well in big tournaments in the past and has been a top-10 machine this year. Just ok off the tee, but rest of his game sets up for making a bunch of pars on a tough course. Only thing I don't like is MC the last 2 majors

I was looking at that as well. He's played well in big tournaments in the past and has been a top-10 machine this year. Just ok off the tee, but rest of his game sets up for making a bunch of pars on a tough course. Only thing I don't like is MC the last 2 majors

agree. off the tee a concern. from everything I am hearing, aren't we really looking a someone who hits fairways from the tee in this one?

I also am looking at Zach Johnson.

Im looking at 3 ball matchups right now. Some interesting pairings. A lot of club pros involved. They likely will miss the cut (im sure a couple will make it), so you are basically getting + odds on some lines. Just reading interviews also. Mahan said he didnt balls much at all the past 9 days. I think Sunday was the first time since he left the range. He did say his game felt good though..

First play: Dont like playing round bets, because usually I lose round 1, but then the guy goes on to finish higher in the event.

Anyway, just a 1 unit bet.

[TABLE="class: Grid"]
<tbody>[TR="class: NonAlt"]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$60.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$50.00[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]8/8/13 6:00am Majors Golf 7109 Matt Kuchar (1st Rnd) -120* <small>vs</small> Sergio Garcia (1st Rnd)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$72.50[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]8/8/13 2:10pm Golf Major 1st Rnd 3 Balls -145 Muttitt/Beljan/De Jonge - Brendon De Jonge*[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
There's one I like, don't love, I am waiting for dimes to put out the reduced odds. What are you guys thinking?

I am thinking about playing the Scott, Rose, and Lefty matchups all at +160 or better against Tiger.

Backing against tiger is dangerous. He had to play badly and the guy you take has to career it. I mean let's be honest how many to 10s in majors does rose have

Some that caught my eye with my book:

Westwood -110 over Kuchar
Keegan -115 over Luke Donald
Zach Johnson EV over Webb Simpson
Horschel +120 over Mahan 1st Round

I kind of like Zach over Webb as well. Still deciding on a few plays but did put two in.

Dufner -115 over Bubba $172.5/$150
And a small stab at Manassero +160 over Van Pelt $50/$80

I'm also trying something else out this week, we'll see how this goes. Put $25 on each of the following Top 20s: Stenson +105, Bradley +125, Westwood +135, Kuchar +150, Dufner +155, Z Johnson +185, Furyk +250, Matsuyama +325, English +365, Sterne +400

Jason Sobel@JasonSobelGC<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
Why did Phil Mickelson show up to Oak Hill in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops? He needed to register. Almost forgot, which would've DQ'd him.

Doug Ferguson@dougferguson405<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">25m</small>
In 5 majors at Oak Hill, only 10 players have finished under par. Jack did it twice. And four of those players were at the US Open.

1.00 units Sneds @ 29.00
.15 units Luiten @ 251.00
.15 units Lingmerth @ 201.00

The only involvement for me pre-tourny. I looked at various ways to back him, and figured this is the best. I think he will be in contention on Sunday, so may as well take the long odds and gamble a bit. Hoping to lay this if it gets down low enough.

Things I looked for:

Total Driving Stats
Scrambling Stats
Form

Guys I wanted to back in some shape or form:

Tiger - odds too low. If Sneds doesn't come into contention, then I will be rooting for him as usual.
Phil - odds too low.
Sneds
Kuchar - chose Sneds instead simply due to putting reliance.
Graham Delaet - Not sure why I didn't at least put a little on him.

Last edited:
Interesting. The fade train is in town.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 8/8[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]7109 Matt Kuchar (1st Rnd)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_94" size="4"> +103 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]7:55AM [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]7110 Sergio Garcia (1st Rnd)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_94" size="4"> -113 [/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Anyway,

Final play is for 2 units. Jason Dufner -120 over Bubba Watson (72 holes). Nice course for Duf. I think Bubba should struggle with small greens and a course with high grass and a lot of trees. The other lean was Senden over Piercy but I just couldnt pull the trigger. GL

I kind of like Zach over Webb as well. Still deciding on a few plays but did put two in.

Dufner -115 over Bubba $172.5/$150
And a small stab at Manassero +160 over Van Pelt $50/$80

I'm also trying something else out this week, we'll see how this goes. Put $25 on each of the following Top 20s: Stenson +105, Bradley +125, Westwood +135, Kuchar +150, Dufner +155, Z Johnson +185, Furyk +250, Matsuyama +325, English +365, Sterne +400

Just noticed your were on the Bubba fade as well. It makes sense. GL this week.

Jason Sobel@JasonSobelGC<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
Why did Phil Mickelson show up to Oak Hill in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops? He needed to register. Almost forgot, which would've DQ'd him.

BRG6kSTCIAA34R0.jpg

Anyway,

Final play is for 2 units. Jason Dufner -120 over Bubba Watson (72 holes). Nice course for Duf. I think Bubba should struggle with small greens and a course with high grass and a lot of trees. The other lean was Senden over Piercy but I just couldnt pull the trigger. GL

Same reasoning here. No other plays for me. Good luck this week everyone.

1st Play for me for the week - Rory McIlroy does not make the Cut +230.

Just a pure fade on Rory. This course is very very frustrating. The way Rory has played this year you can't count on him to do much. Just expecting him to shit the bed. I know the new clubs and all but IMO now it is just mental.

First play: Dont like playing round bets, because usually I lose round 1, but then the guy goes on to finish higher in the event.

Anyway, just a 1 unit bet.

[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$60.00[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]8/8/13 6:00am Majors Golf 7109 Matt Kuchar (1st Rnd) -120* <small>vs</small> Sergio Garcia (1st Rnd) [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$72.50[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]8/8/13 2:10pm Golf Major 1st Rnd 3 Balls -145 Muttitt/Beljan/De Jonge - Brendon De Jonge*[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
see Sergio -120 now....not sure if you are awake

you know golf though craw...just curious

Interesting. The fade train is in town.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 8/8[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]7109 Matt Kuchar (1st Rnd)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_94" size="4"> +103[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]7:55AM[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]7110 Sergio Garcia (1st Rnd)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_94" size="4"> -113[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
I might just roll with you

what up

Anyway,

like this

Back