Francouer was on the cover of SI and considered one of the top 5 tool prospects in baseball. How soon we forget. His first month up in the bigs he hit .413/.413/.913 with 6 homers.

Behind the glitter, there are some red flags that he will certainly have to improve on cause .500 BABIP aint lasting. All of these numbers are actually inferior to Francouers.

-Puig right now is walking 3.3% of his at bats. He is striking out 20% of his at bats

-He's swinging at 40% of pitches thrown outside of the strike zone

-He's swinging at 58% of pitches overall

-Contact rate of only 70%.

-Swinging and missing at 17% of pitches in the zone

I've also noticed the guy dives in at the plate really hard leaving him vulnerable to pitches on the inner half. Guy has crazy talent and is on an insane heater right now. But, there are red flags that he will have to improve on to become a consistent star.

I'm a Dodgers fan and agree with all of this.

2 thing about Puig today watching the Dodgers/Giants game. One good and one bad, just my opinion.

The good was in that 9th inning, the man hustles big time. He beat the throw to 2nd base, then was smart in taking 3rd base when he saw the 3rd baseman had to leave the base to get the ball. All hustle there.

The bad was when AJ Ellis hit the bases clearing triple in the 9th, the woofing and talking shit to Romo is unnecessary. The rookie will learn to stop that and i'll attribute that to being young. Something must've happened the day before when Romo closed it out, not sure.

2 thing about Puig today watching the Dodgers/Giants game. One good and one bad, just my opinion.

The good was in that 9th inning, the man hustles big time. He beat the throw to 2nd base, then was smart in taking 3rd base when he saw the 3rd baseman had to leave the base to get the ball. All hustle there.

The bad was when AJ Ellis hit the bases clearing triple in the 9th, the woofing and talking shit to Romo is unnecessary. The rookie will learn to stop that and i'll attribute that to being young. Something must've happened the day before when Romo closed it out, not sure.

Romo closed the game two of the series and immediately responded with the Hanley I see you you see me thing towards the dodgers dugout. Puig was probably just letting him know they saw it and returning the favor. You are right in both aspects though. He is brash as hell and he has only one speed 110%.

Romo closed the game two of the series and immediately responded with the Hanley I see you you see me thing towards the dodgers dugout. Puig was probably just letting him know they saw it and returning the favor. You are right in both aspects though. He is brash as hell and he has only one speed 110%.

Yup. Look at this fuckboy

iYIy5n57epWtS.gif

Puig will not fall off.. With he continue to bat .400, no way..

But he will be legit for years to come. Hes built like a brickshithouse and can ran and throw with the best of them. Dodgers really have something special here.

Let me just LOL at any and all NL west slander in this thread.

AL East is the best division, that much is clear. With the dodgers stepping up and showing themselves to be legit, the case can be made the nl west is the second best division.

And if you think the nl west is the clear worst division in baseball, I question if you even know what a baseball is.

Question for you guys. Out of these 3 young phenoms, who would you rather have as a franchise type of guy to play his whole career with on your team? Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, or Yasiel Puig?

Personally I'd take Mike Trout. Can hit for power, hit for average, has speed, smart player and can play every game as he showed last year. Also I like the humble type of guys over the loud brash types. Just my opinion. I'd take Puig second and then Harper. Not that you can go wrong with any, they all got bright futures.

Question for you guys. Out of these 3 young phenoms, who would you rather have as a franchise type of guy to play his whole career with on your team? Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, or Yasiel Puig?

Personally I'd take Mike Trout. Can hit for power, hit for average, has speed, smart player and can play every game as he showed last year. Also I like the humble type of guys over the loud brash types. Just my opinion. I'd take Puig second and then Harper. Not that you can go wrong with any, they all got bright futures.

Trout is certainly the easy answer here because he is by far the most polished out of the three. If I was choosing I'd probably take Trout at this point because we have seen the most of him and he has proven to be both durable and not a flash in the pan. I also don't think Trout plays as recklessly as Puig and Harper who both play so hard that they are an injury risk. Really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three though and I'm sure most GMs would love to have any of them to build around.

Trout is certainly the easy answer here because he is by far the most polished out of the three. If I was choosing I'd probably take Trout at this point because we have seen the most of him and he has proven to be both durable and not a flash in the pan. I also don't think Trout plays as recklessly as Puig and Harper who both play so hard that they are an injury risk. Really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three though and I'm sure most GMs would love to have any of them to build around.

Pretty much the same exact answer I'd give.

I typically hate futures unless I see a horrible horrible price or if a team is about to acquire gamechangers and the price hasn't adjusted-grabbed dodgers +550 to win the west about 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, that sucks... I fucked up on Saturday when I briefly saw them showing him on the screen with other players on the selection show, thought he already made the team. Oh well...

How'd you like that 3 game set we just finished up last night? :-)

dbacks strategically made this a two horse race, now must await your cold spell

we need to get healthy as well, counting on young pitchers and heath bell is a recipe for disaster

Trout was offered twice and turned down, so there's a silver lining for the halos

nah right field is all you can eat. haven't sat in that pavillion yet but i assume with the setup its more family oriented.

left field is hilarious tho. even the female philly fans were getting boo'd as they walked to their seats

After bringing out the brooms in DC over Strasburg, Gonzalez, and Zimmerman, the Dodgers are now...

20-5 last 25 games

30-42 on June 21st

50-47 on July 21st

nah right field is all you can eat. haven't sat in that pavillion yet but i assume with the setup its more family oriented.

left field is hilarious tho. even the female philly fans were getting boo'd as they walked to their seats

went to left field pavillion for first time last year, rowdy crowd.. Its fun to sit there... The view of the game sucks but the crazy fans around there
are funny.. I saw three sets of people get tossed.

I was sitting in left field pav during the zona game where they were fighting.

Back