Ohhhhhh boy...... Imagine if we can get Cano??? Wowowowow!

Crawford/Ethier
Puig
Cano
Hanley
Gonzalez
Kemp/Ethier

I'm thinking Kemp could become tradeable...hard to really say that, but, imagine getting an upgrade at 3B or C for Kemp? Or maybe Ethier...but obviously Ethier wouldn't have the same trade value and wouldn't bring in as much of an upgrade.

i dunno about trading kemp. been a rough 12 months since he ran into the wall in colorado but he is still that dude. and I doubt we get complimentary value out of a 3b or C for him.

i think they'll resign AJ for sure. 3B is interesting. can't believe im saying this but I wouldn't mind bringing uribe back on a 1 year deal. his D is awesome and he's a solid enough hitter at the 7/8 spot. the list of potential 3b free agents is pretty shitty too.

if we can't sign Cano, thinkin the money would best be spent on a #4 pitcher. someone like ervin santana would be awesome. nolasco is gonna be a FA, so maybe resign him as our #5.

I agree with everything you're saying there... Kemp is still my favorite player and I'd love to see him come back and be the guy that we know he can be. Tough to think we'd keep all 4 starting OFers on the roster past this season.

As for Uribe, agree there as well... Great glove and a pretty decent bat, especially for the 7/8 hole.

Whatta you think about Fife getting in the rotation full-time next year as the #5? He's pitched very well this year when given the opportunity, imo.

yah ive been surprised how solid fife has been. he's a decent option as the #5 next season except unless his shoulder situation turns out to be chronic.

tho i forgot we're gonna get billz back next season. so i guess he locks up one of the spots at the back end of the rotation. it'll be interesting. nolasco or a free agent as the #4 and then billz as the #5 would be a sick rotation.

We are all "witnesses"...

Dodgers making history...

38-8 last 46 games - best 46 game stretch of any MLB team in over 70 years, since 1942

Uribe.gif

Dodgers gonna only lose at most 12 more games the rest of the year and win the division by 15-20 games, obviously :p

Funny looking back at this thread...

Renew said this on 6/30 with 81 games to go...

Well, they're on pace currently...only lost 8 of their last 47 now, and, looks like winning the division by 15-20 games is a strong possibility. Certainly was sarcasm at the time, and funny, but it looks like its coming to fruition.

Me thinks you guys are jumping the gun. They're 9-1 in 10 games. Nothing any team can't pull out of it's ass when the stars align (I remember a shitty SD team a number of years back reeling off 14 straight, only to slip back into old ways once the stars stopped shining). That isn't to say what's happening isn't "for real", but a couple of quick observations -

(1) SF has enough class not to stay as cold as they are forever. Bad news for LA is they have them 7 times near the end of the season, only 3 times on deck coming up shortly, so LA's streak of good form isn't going to benefit much from getting SF while cold.

(2) 2 is the same as 1, except it applies to the D-Bags: they're cold too, but LA has 7 games with them late in the season, only 3 coming up soon, so again LA likely misses out on getting a whole lot of games out of the way against a major rival while that rival is cold (& that's if they're still cold at the time - these coming 3 games are far enough away that AZ has enough time to catch alight before they take place).

If the stars were truly aligning for LA, they'd have a ton of games against both SF & AZ immediately on deck while those teams are as cold as ice; what games they do have coming up are all on the road, in consecutive series (SF gets to suck the wind out of them, then the D-Bags benefit).

While there's also a heap of games against Boston, Tampa, Saint Louis and Cincinnati, I think it'll be found that how they do in those 14 games late vs SF & AZ decides who finishes where in the division. Those 14 games are only broken up by 1 road series @SD. It's a brutal stretch of scheduling.

7/3 ...good stuff here BC, but, its fun re-visiting these posts.

will be shocked if the team doesn't win at least 4 of the next 5 WS

anything less would be shocking, too much talent and youth. feelgood story for sure

will be shocked if the team doesn't win at least 4 of the next 5 WS

anything less would be shocking, too much talent and youth. feelgood story for sure

That's going to be so tough to do in today's day and age in MLB. There's probably too much parity for them to accomplish 4 out of 5. Let's see them get to one, and then win one before we're talking like that.

they were bought for me, awesome game

plenty of orioles fans around, so yeah i enjoyed it

Another unbelievable win...

I don't even know what to say... It's all magical..

i didnt even get home til really after the 9th when either tied it.. put $320 in game, waited a few innings and it was all good. scared me for a bit when they let marmol hit and pitch the next inning... but he pitched well

I got no clue why in the hell we would want Marmol...but, if we get him for pennies on the dollar (which it sounds like we will), I guess a change of scenery certainly couldn't hurt for him. Closer role is locked up anyway. I could only see him as a situational type middle reliever.

(from 7/1)

Well, I guess so far, so good for Marmol... He played a key role in last nights comeback win and was solid.

2 ip, 1 h, 0 bb's, 3k's

I'd say they lose maybe 5-6 games tops the rest of the season

50-30 or better works for me... 60-20? That would be unreal. But, 50-30 to 55-25 certainly doable. Staying healthy the key, of course.

In this post, KK refuses to get carried away. He's tempering expectations to a modest 20 to 30 games over the rest of the way.

From 7/3...this was with 80 games left

braves...doesn't look like you were too far off at the time

tip...you're right, appears I may have actually UNDERestimated this team with my statement

@Friedo790: Yasiel Puig was in the visitors clubhouse here at #Marlins Park & looked at us gathered there and yelled, "F**K the media" and left the room

Will Puig ever hit another bomb or what?

Not certain, but I think the Dodgers' historic run is linked almost to the day of my bashing them in this thread.

Outfield situation worries me a bit... Kemp obviously out, again. Ethier still ailing, could pinch hit, maybe. So that leaves Puig, Crawford, and now Schumaker plugged in at CF. I hope Skip can produce.

Outfield situation worries me a bit... Kemp obviously out, again. Ethier still ailing, could pinch hit, maybe. So that leaves Puig, Crawford, and now Schumaker plugged in at CF. I hope Skip can produce.

Offense took care of biz tonight...

First game of the 2013 playoffs is a big win for the Dodgers that was never in doubt.

Game 1 NLDS:

I was at a car wash almost two years ago and while waiting I was talking Dodgers baseball to this old man for a while. It was very busy that day. I told this old man about Puig, said watch out for this kid he is going to be great..

I wonder if that old man thinks about me..

Back