Yeah I want them to play the Pirates more so than the Cards.. I feel more confident going against the Pirates.

Would of been cool to keep the original thread title.. Especially after Puig's great performance.

The legend of Puig grows. I had a little bit on the Bravos last night. Dozed off just before the 9th (it was late), woke up to Kenley in the game and a different score, dammit. Pretty exciting night in the playoffs last night with the late bombs though.

what was the original thread title?

Its still on there on the first post..

Dodgers finally call up Puig..

I hope its your boys vs my boys Alex, if it is we should have an avatar contest.. :)

The legend of Puig grows. I had a little bit on the Bravos last night. Dozed off just before the 9th (it was late), woke up to Kenley in the game and a different score, dammit. Pretty exciting night in the playoffs last night with the late bombs though.

Puig has played great in the playoffs, he is here to stay.. Superstar player.

Its still on there on the first post..

Dodgers finally call up Puig..

I hope its your boys vs my boys Alex, if it is we should have an avatar contest.. :)

yeah i hope so too

well see tomorrow

you want the title of the thread to be "Dodgers Call Up Puig" ?

I changed it, with my limited powers

though that doesnt seem that fun

let me know if you wanted something else

Great W last night. Fun to watch. Poetic that two of the more maligned players were the stars. Crawford will certainly earn his 20 mil paycheck if he continues to play this way in the playoffs. Uribe has had a really rough go of it in his Dodgers career and he is a clubhouse favorite so it's been nice to see him have a productive season and sweet to see him hit the game winner after he failed to bunt twice.

Cant wait a it to see who they get in the CS, I will for sure be attending at least a game in the CS and a game in the WS if they advance.

Tip! Glad to see you're alive bud... Sorry bout your Indians.

So, remember that whole All-Star voting thing?

NLDS

Puig - .471, 5 runs, 2 RBI
Freeman - .313, 4 runs, 0 RBI

Really good team, really hard for me to imagine cards or bucs winning four

That loss was painful, rather have got blowout...

The dodgers core is pretty young..

Dodgers will be great for years... I love this team..

From this point on I'd rather see them start to concentrate on rebuilding the farm system and opening the Latin American pipeline back up. They went out and bought themselves a winner which is what they said they would do and now it's time to let Kasten work his magic and build an organization like he knows how to.

TLANTA — Magic Johnson, one of the Dodgers’ owners, thinks Robinson Cano will get mega-bucks in free agency this winter. But the former basketball great says it’s not coming from the Dodgers.
“You know that guy in New York is going to get paid,” Johnson said, referring to Cano. “Probably not by us, but he’s going to get paid. Hey, when you’re a superstar, you get paid.”
Johnson’s comments, which came about an hour before the Dodgers and Braves were slated to open their National League division series Thursday at Turner Field, are the first public acknowledgement that Cano’s market won’t include the Dodgers, one of baseball’s richest clubs. The Daily News’ Mark Feinsand first reported last week that the Dodgers would not be suitors for Cano.
Johnson started talking about Cano when he was asked about his own star, likely NL Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw. Johnson acknowledged that Kershaw is going to cash in, too, when someone asked about the lefty’s value skyrocketing if he had a dominant postseason. Kershaw is arbitration-eligible in 2014, but will be a free agent in 2015.
“We already know we’ve got to give him a lot of money. What’s a few more zeroes? I mean, really?” Johnson said of Kershaw, chuckling. “I'm hoping he goes 5-0 (in the postseason). I’ll take that all day long. This young man will get paid, no question about it.”

When asked if the Dodgers would make a run at Cano, Johnson said, “When you’ve got to pay Clayton . . . I can’t say anything, because that’s on them. We leave that to Ned (Colletti, the Dodgers’ GM) and Stan (Kasten, the president and CEO). But you can’t have two guys. I mean, come on, anybody who knows numbers. A year from now, two, here comes Hanley (Ramirez).
RELATED: KERSHAW CRUISES AS DODGERS TAKE 1-0 LEAD ON BRAVES IN NLDS
“We've got guys we need to keep. When it’s said and done, the numbers probably don’t add up.”
Johnson added that Kasten and Colletti have already begun talking to Kershaw’s agent. “We'll see what happens,” he said. “But you know we can’t lose our guy. We don’t want to lose him and, unless something crazy happens, we won't lose him.”
The Dodgers have plenty of business to discuss over the winter. They’ll also talk to manager Don Mattingly about his contract situation, which contains a club option for 2014.
“This is not the time to be talking contract right now,” Johnson said. “He knows that after this is over with, everybody sees where they are and go from there.
“Right now, we just want to enjoy this moment. I want Don to enjoy it and we want the players to enjoy it. We’ve always been fair to everybody, as you see.”
Mattingly has done “an amazing job,” Johnson added, citing how the Dodgers roared out of early-season struggles. On June 21, Los Angeles was 30-42 and 9.5 games out of first place.
“Look, it could have went a lot of ways when we were in last place, and Don kept them even-keeled, he kept them pushing, pushing, and then at some point it can’t be all the manager” Johnson said. “And that's when (Yasiel) Puig and Hanley comes back, Zack (Greinke) comes back. What happened was, they all came together.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/magic-cano-article-1.1476033#ixzz2hBlNEvwA

Yeah 300 or so mil for that guy simply isn't worth it. I hope Zach Lee can come around next season and we could have a really good rotation.

Billingsley will be a solid #5 too if he comes back ok..

Donnie cost us game 1 last night. He removes his best RBI man and most consistent hitter to pinch run Gordon and then doesn't even send Gordon for the steal attempt. Because of this move the bat got taken out of Hanleys hands for the rest of the game as he was walked twice in extras and Michael a Young hits into inning ending DPs twice with RISP.

The thing that worries me is the post game interviews. Donnie should have absolutely taken the blame. Instead he defended his move by saying you gotta fire the bullets you have. The players quotes were absolutely things frustrated players say. If you are gonna reap the rewards for a controversial move as a manager you should take the blame for them as well. I sure hope they can move past this today in game 2. If it goes south today they are suddenly looking at a very bad situation having to face Waino in game 3 down 0-2.

After losing game 1 the Dodgers to win the series are +141 at my book. I'm thinking about putting some money on them with your guy's ace on the mound. Wacha's no slouch though. If you win this game, your right back in it. Lose it and it's gonna be tough. Let's go Kershaw!

Last edited:
Greinke tomorrow

Then two LHP's in game 6 and 7, one is named Kershaw.

11 teams have came back from a 3-1 deficit..

Dodgers still have a chance, don't give up on them.

Pitching has not been the problem for them at all this series. Their starters gave up 2 earned runs in the first three games of the series. They can't fucking score runs. Can't score, can't win.

I don't like Ethier in there...team was in a nice flow offensively with Skip.

Puig really pissed me off a couple times tonight... Shoulda been on 2nd off the sac fly in the 4th, if he did, woulda been 3-3 game end if the 4th. Then in the 9th, 2-0 count, swings at ball 3 and grounds into DP. Ugh

I don't like Ethier in there...team was in a nice flow offensively with Skip.

Puig really pissed me off a couple times tonight... Shoulda been on 2nd off the sac fly in the 4th, if he did, woulda been 3-3 game end if the 4th. Then in the 9th, 2-0 count, swings at ball 3 and grounds into DP. Ugh

me either, no pun intended.

Back