Opinion on Fresno at NMSU...

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Been saying from day 1.....NMSU is a D-II Team with an NFL QB.....They have zero speed on offense and defense.....

Fresno is turning the corner and getting back with Boise and Hawaii....Fresno has a shit load of athletes, and is probably faster than Boise and Hawaii (just way younger)...

So Fresno had 4 Losses to Top 25 Teams.....big deal.....3 of them were on the road (Hawaii, Oregon, Tx A&M).....

I was never a fan of Brandstater but after seeing him up close at Hawaii and last week against Kansas State.......kid is playing great ball...

Since NMSU lost All-American WR Chris Williams, NMSU has lost 4 straight and has not been competitive at all in 3 games.....

NMSU has ZERO home crowd.....

Fresno -7 half 330 to win 300

Fresno -13 game 330 to win 300

I hate road chalk......but I think Fresno kills these guys and finishes a very strong 8-4 season....

:hang:

Last edited:
I smell something fishy...over 80% of the wagers are on Fresno but some reverse line movement down to 12.5. On paper NMSU should get worked but I just can't commit to such a big public favorite.

I am with Wiggler

The line/line movement makes no sense. No way Vegas is asking to get their house cleaned tonight on this game.

On the other hand...Fresno "should" absolutley roll/dominate.

I think its a no-play for me. I dont know which logic will hold true tonight.

HG,

Does Fresno have anything to play for? does a win move them into a better bowl or or they just witing to see if Hawaii goes to a bcs?

thanks.

i worry about Hill getting this team UP to play, if NMST was from a BCS conference, they would have no problem getting up. that is the 1 and only concern for me

I think most of these Fresno St players remember last year, and are out to make a statement that the Bulldogs are still a force to be reckoned with in the WAC. Last year, it was Boise St, Hawaii, and Nevada duking it out for the WAC title, with the Bulldogs falling toward the bottom of the barrell. I can give you two reasons that Fresno State will not come out flat tonight...

1. The Bulldogs are playing with a chip on their shoulders, mostly as a result of last season. Players with this kind of attitude don't take any game lightly.

2. Yes, this is a Nationally Televised Friday Nighter. Sure, NM State will undoubtedly play hard...but I think Fresno St will show up with an equal amount of intensity. Who would want to conclude a bounce back season with an embarrassing loss to a 4-win football team that has been blown out by mediocre opponents the past four weeks?

Also, despite the fact that Holbrook is a NFL calibur QB, he no longer has his superstud WR, Chris Williams, to provide explosive plays. The Aggie offense has not been the same since losing him a month ago, I believe.

GL tonight fellas!

:cheers:

I think most of these Fresno St players remember last year, and are out to make a statement that the Bulldogs are still a force to be reckoned with in the WAC. Last year, it was Boise St, Hawaii, and Nevada duking it out for the WAC title, with the Bulldogs falling toward the bottom of the barrell. I can give you two reasons that Fresno State will not come out flat tonight...

1. The Bulldogs are playing with a chip on their shoulders, mostly as a result of last season. Players with this kind of attitude don't take any game lightly.

2. Yes, this is a Nationally Televised Friday Nighter. Sure, NM State will undoubtedly play hard...but I think Fresno St will show up with an equal amount of intensity. Who would want to conclude a bounce back season with an embarrassing loss to a 4-win football team that has been blown out by mediocre opponents the past four weeks?

Also, despite the fact that Holbrook is a NFL calibur QB, he no longer has his superstud WR, Chris Williams, to provide explosive plays. The Aggie offense has not been the same since losing him a month ago, I believe.

GL tonight fellas!

:cheers:
agree completely, and could not have said it better....

ETG, Barnett, wiggler, i hear ya, just hope this works out here..

cashman - everything that aztec just said....I think Fresno is back..

rest of us, gl, lets get this cash..:pillow:

I smell something fishy...over 80% of the wagers are on Fresno but some reverse line movement down to 12.5. On paper NMSU should get worked but I just can't commit to such a big public favorite.

At my book, the line has risen from 13 to 13.5...so, I'm not too worried about that.

You go Big Kahuna. Good luck
surfing.gif

Back