On to the Playoffs...

linewatcher

Pretty much a regular
..and then there were 16...

with the season now over and the playoffs looming on the horizon, i just want to reiterate how great this forum really is. this is by far the elite of all the boards i have been on. congratulations to everyone on a great season and i look forward to continuing our success into the post-season.

by the way, this is my new favorite emoticon ---->:pillow:

here's to a great post-season run...:cheers:

interesting how both the mavs and the spurs took it in the ass against their prospective 1st round opponents in their last game(s).

gs slaughtered dally by 29 on tuesday, while den beat the crap out of san antone by 23 on wednesday....

i foresee a huge game for both home teams in their respective game 1's...

let the games begin...'an_horse'

interesting how both the mavs and the spurs took it in the ass against their prospective 1st round opponents in their last game(s).

gs slaughtered dally by 29 on tuesday, while den beat the crap out of san antone by 23 on wednesday....

i foresee a huge game for both home teams in their respective game 1's...

let the games begin...'an_horse'

I agree. Regardless of the line that comes out, I think both Dallas and San Antonio win the first game by DD.

Cheers!!!

I actually agree on both counts, I just hope it's not a trap.

For the record, I'm much more comfortable with Dallas than SA in that first game and, hopefully, the SA line won't be inflated.

Can I just make it official here. NJ will beat Toronto in round 1.

VC in Toronto is the one match-up I didnt want. I'd much prefer the Raptors to face Miami, Orlando or Washington.

Series wont be a cake-walk, pretty sure hte public are going to be all over the series prop. Especially if NJ comes out at plus juice.

Hey, Believe, everywhere I turn I hear more and more love for Houston. What gives?

Utah is limping into the playoffs. Houston is healthy and has maybe the best 1-2 combo in NBA. Houston plays above-level defense, and is in the top of the league in 3pt'ers. They are about as perfect as the Mavs. Unfortunately, the 2 will meet in round 2.

2 teams I love right now and would have better record and seeds if they were healthy all year:

New Jersey & Houston

I agree on both.

I think NJ brings the fight to Toronto. Chris Bosh can't carry the Raps deep into the play-offs. Houston is a favorite to win the series in Utah.

I'm still sticking to the San Antonio Spurs to win it all thsi season!!!

Let's all have a great run in the play-offs!!!

Cheers!!!

Essentially if NJ was healthy, they would have won the Atlantic, and would have finished 3rd. So, to me, they are the 3 seed and Toronto is the 6.

From a fans stand-point, I want to see Dallas vs. Detroit. That would be a great series to watch some really solid basketball.

miami is hanging by a thread...it's a good thing they have the bulls in the 1st round, otherwise they might have been one and done...

cleveland is nothing with lebron (much like my lakers)...don't think they can advance further than round 2...

the suns still have no defense. as much as stern and his cronies love this team, they will not beat quality teams like dallas or spurs, imo...

cleveland is nothing with lebron (much like my lakers)...don't think they can advance further than round 2...

in his 2nd year and first time into the playoffs he took a much better detroit team of last year to 7 games. you guys need to wake up. he is the real deal. his teams frontline is the best in the league.

you'll come around sooner or later. hopefully sooner.

Cleveland is in the same place the Lakers are. They've got one really dominant player and no one who will step up and be that second, let alone third, option that can take a team to a championship.

The problem with Cleveland is they have the best athelete possily to EVER play this game, and they refuse to get out and run EVERY POSSESSION. Coach Brown keeps trying to run his 100's of half court sets.

why would they give away that look in the regular season?

he's been pacing himself you can see it when he plays. he has himself the easiest route to his ring. now is the time to run it.

cleveland is still developing into a good playoff team. give them a couple more years to mature...this year will be another year to gain experience.

Suns got this Amare and Matrix will take it to another level in the playoffs and Barbosa will hit 3's like crazy to Moose every1 all the time

Suns gonna go off

is this gonna be close to what Futures for teams is gonna be ?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title colSpan=4><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title>2007 PRO BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP (1-Pay)</TD><TD class=lines-contest-title align=right>$100 WIN </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=lines-contest-header><TD vAlign=bottom width="74%" height=25>Series Name <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Sell <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Buy <TD vAlign=bottom width="10%"> <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] DALLAS <TD align=right>33 <TD align=right>37 <TD noWrap align=right> +170 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] PHOENIX <TD align=right>15 <TD align=right>19 <TD noWrap align=right> +426 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] SAN ANTONIO <TD align=right>14 <TD align=right>18 <TD noWrap align=right> +455 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] DETROIT <TD align=right>10 <TD align=right>13 <TD noWrap align=right> +669 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] MIAMI <TD align=right>6 <TD align=right>8 <TD noWrap align=right> +1150 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] HOUSTON <TD align=right>4 <TD align=right>6 <TD noWrap align=right> +1566 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] CLEVELAND <TD align=right>3 <TD align=right>5 <TD noWrap align=right> +1900 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] CHICAGO <TD align=right>2 <TD align=right>4 <TD noWrap align=right> +2400 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] NEW JERSEY <TD align=right>1 <TD align=right>3 <TD noWrap align=right> +3233 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] DENVER <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] LOS ANGELES L <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] GOLDEN STATE <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] WASHINGTON <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] UTAH <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>[PB] ORLANDO <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>[PB] TORONTO <TD align=right>0 <TD align=right>2 <TD noWrap align=right> +4900</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

brewer--

miami already had time-tested veterans and a big man on that roster... name me one veteran on that cleveland team...and don't tell me the king qualifies as a time-tested veteran...

alright...alright. i should have qualified my statement. *succesful* veterans. additionally, a team needs a solid coach to lead them to victory. i honestly believe if pat riley did not coach last year's miami team, they would have not won...

eric snow. larry hughes. big z. donyell marshall. damon jones.

I think he wanted you to name somone that is actually, you know, good.

Sorry, I had to do it.

=)

gary payton and antoine walker are good?

only veteran i would want from miami would be zo but he wouldnt get any minutes on clevelands already packed frontline.

eddie jones is old news.

why, yes, they are...anyway, i don't want to argue any longer. i wish you good luck on your team...they'll need it. :shake:

HERE ARE MY FIRST ROUND PICKS:

Dallas in 6
Houston in 5

Phoenix in 4
San Antonio in 6

Detroit in 5
Miami in 6

Cleveland in 5
New Jersey in 7

Back