Old style BAR NBA thread(NBA Wednesday and other thoughts)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, took Tuesday off. Considered the Bulls and should have played them. I watched the Knicks-Detroit game twice late last night and had myself convinced but never pulled the trigger.

First, this is the way I cap this card and many cards this time of year. Lets eliminate the games which I have ZERO interest in:

Philadelphia @ Boston
Dallas @ Minnesota

You can make your point for Minnesota due to Dallas kinda playing these like exhibitions but the fact is Minny has no interest either. I am not gonna 'hope' that Minny plays well and Dallas struggles w/o key members. Boston and Philly is same kinda game. You can't predict what these teams are going to do.

Now, the next phase is talking about the chalk games:

Sacramento @ San Antonio
Seattle @ Phoenix

Believe it or not(and I will talk about this more later in the thread) the Spurs still have an outside chance at the two seed out west. They know they can win @ Phoenix but HCA is still reassuring to any team. These games are meaningful to both Phoenix and San Antonio. Their opponents are merely playing out the string. The question becomes back-dorr covers and what-not. Tonight, in the exact same type of affair the Bulls took care of New York. Its your choice to figure out if either or both the Suns/Spurs can do that.

Now, I;ll look at the games where injuries may confuse us:

Washington @ Miami
Denver @ Utah

All four of these teams need to win. The problem is injuries as 3 of the 4(sans Nuggets) have injuries or sit-outs right now of relevence. I won;t go near these games as you have two teams that should care going against each other in both games.

Now, that leaves three games. Out of those 6 teams, three are in must win situations:

Orlando @ Detroit
Indiana @ Milwaukee
Houston @ Portland

Indiana and Houston could be grouped in the 'injury' category but on the same token they are playing tanking teams. Detroit will win the one seed. Its just a matter of when. I do think they would rather get it over now instead of facing a surging/hungry Raptor team twice. Either way it will happen at some point. Orlando is the only side in this game. They are fighting for their lives. Now, Orlando matches up horribly with the Stons. Thats a problem. Haven't seen a line yet. Houston is in a dogfight with Utah for HCA in round one. This is the game I am eyeing for tomorrow most. The Pacers somehow are still within shouting distance. They should be like ORL and own the glass. Once again I want to see the injury report. My problem with Indiana is how bad they have been. I don;t think they have a total urgency for the playoffs.

So, there ya go. Thats how I break the card down. Plays, if any, will have to wait till tomorrow as more information becomes available.

Lets take a look at the playoff picture. Many interesting things are happening and we already started some good conversation in Handyland.

I mentioned that Phoenix is no lock for the 2nd seed. They have four games left after the Seattle game tomorrow. Those four are ALL against teams that most likely will have to win( LAL,@Utah,@Hou and LAC). They are gonna get those teams best efforts. Meanwhile, the Spurs will also have four games left after tomorrow(Sac, @Minny, @Dallas, @Memphis and Denver). Only perhaps Denver to close the season will 'need' to win. Very interesting.

New Jersey is basically in. Its gonna be their fight for staying at 7 spot or possibly garnering the 6th seed which could be like a domino effect. I believe they can catch the Wizards for 6th. If they do, they will alter other plans as well. New Jersey hosts the Bulls, goes to Cleveland and hosts Indiana here in the last week of the season.

The Cleveland-New Jersey game will determine a lot as well. New Jersey wins that and they prolly get to the 6th seed. That will mean they are right there and will be playing their regular rotation up to the end of the season. They lose their and then in fact Orlando with what looks like a 4-1 finish to me could sneak up there. Washington, with only one gimme could still wind up as an 8 seed.

Its going to be an interesting finish to the season...there are some teams heading into playoffs with momentum and others who are not..

Teams such as Utah, Washington and the LA lakers are playoff bound but whats to get excited about. Its been miserable for all three as of late and sometimes its hard to just garner 'quick' momentum. Washington reminds me of the 200 Detroit Pistons. They played Miami in round one as a 7 seed. G Hill broke his ankle and the series was soo anticlimatic. There was nothing to be excited about. Utah has lost all momentum and is playing terrible. Houston will be a HUGE series bet for me. Maybe my only one of the first round. The Lakers have the star-power and a rematch of last year is possible. Thats about the only thing to look forward to.

Meanwhile, the Spurs, Bulls and Raptors are surging. The Raptors if they don;t get Washington will be tested with their youth but its nice to see them in. The Spurs are like clockwork. We'll see if their health holds up and if they can outfoxz the Mavs this time. The Bulls will learn what a liabilty Ben is but right now its shaping up for them to either lose in 1st round to Miami or have a clear path to Conference Finals.

Orlando @ Detroit
Indiana @ Milwaukee
Houston @ Portland

I'm taking all of these. I like Detroit to cover a big # here with the motivation factor similar to that of Dallas v Clippers a few days back. Detroit can finally get the #1 seed out of their hair (even though we all know they will get it). They still want to secure it ASAP, and they can officially plan to get healthy for playoff time.

Houston game will see a spread similar to Seattle. If McGrady is QUES tomorrow, the game will be CIR. You can bank on Tracey playing in that, so that injury wont concern me, Im taking the first # I see (ML).

Indiana has a glass edge, and cant possibly shoot as bad as they did last night.

BAR...

goodpost.gif

from a different site LOL

LMAO..

I ggogled his name the other day for fun and found his new "residence"

Good times.

I am sure he's around here somewhere. He is a crafty one with his IP Blockers and all but thats okay. He can write us a letter of apology around Xmas again...;)

Cakeoff...really a stand up guy your brother is ;)

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1158 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
post_old.gif
07-20-2006, 09:28 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right>#1 <INPUT id=plist_1158 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[1158] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>Austintx_05<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1158", true); </SCRIPT>
Banned

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1158 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Austin's Apology to the Board
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->It has come to my attention that some may have been offended, by my recent choice of word(s) at another posting forum.

Let me assure you that there will be absolutely nothing like that coming from me at this site. I understand for those who were offended and I apologize and take full repsonsibility for my actions. Not that there is a good reason for what I did, but I did it to get banned. I was sick of the bashing and the typical high school BS. I knew by using that word it was a no brainer to ban me. I knew this site was up and running, so I transfered, if you will.

Only time will truly tell form your viewpoint if I will or will not use that language anymore, but I make it a promise to the entire board at cappingthegame, that I will never use that type of language here. If I ever do, I will never post here again. Thats how serious I am about the matter.

I feel there is a great group here at this site. Really the cream of the crop from the former site and I am not including myself in that description. I think this site has a lot of potential and the last thing I want to do is prohibit its growth due to a couple of choice words.

This is my apology to the board. Hopefully you can understand somewhat of where I was coming from and can forgive my actions.

I was out of line last week, but you will not find that type of language here.

Thanks,

Austintx05
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<table class="tborder" id="post1158" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(209, 209, 225); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;">
post_old.gif
07-20-2006, 09:28 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(209, 209, 225); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right">#1 <input id="plist_1158" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle;" value="0" name="plist[1158]" inlinemodid="inlineMod" type="checkbox"> </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(209, 209, 225); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">Austintx_05<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1158", true); </script>
Banned

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1158" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(209, 209, 225);"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Austin's Apology to the Board
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->It has come to my attention that some may have been offended, by my recent choice of word(s) at another posting forum.

Let me assure you that there will be absolutely nothing like that coming from me at this site. I understand for those who were offended and I apologize and take full repsonsibility for my actions. Not that there is a good reason for what I did, but I did it to get banned. I was sick of the bashing and the typical high school BS. I knew by using that word it was a no brainer to ban me. I knew this site was up and running, so I transfered, if you will.

Only time will truly tell form your viewpoint if I will or will not use that language anymore, but I make it a promise to the entire board at cappingthegame, that I will never use that type of language here. If I ever do, I will never post here again. Thats how serious I am about the matter.

I feel there is a great group here at this site. Really the cream of the crop from the former site and I am not including myself in that description. I think this site has a lot of potential and the last thing I want to do is prohibit its growth due to a couple of choice words.

This is my apology to the board. Hopefully you can understand somewhat of where I was coming from and can forgive my actions.

I was out of line last week, but you will not find that type of language here.

Thanks,

Austintx05
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>
LMFAO are you going to let him back?

BAR, completely agree with Houston owning Utah coming playoffs. Utah is just plain sucking recently and Houston is stepping up right on time. Houston should be able to score at will against Utah, as the mismatch is perfect for them. Utah CANNOT defend a slashing 2-guard (TMac) and have terrible interior defense (Okur on Yao?). If the Warriors take the 8th spot, I think I'll be on Houston to win championship 15:1. Think: Houston easily handles Utah, cruise through 1st round. Warriors give Dallas serious problems, maybe a 7 gamer causing Dallas to tire out and maybe even lose confidence. Houston takes advantage of tired Dallas team and muscles them out fundamentally. SA vs Phoe will be a dogfight and the winner will be emotionally drained and physically tired, perfect setup for Houston to take them out to advance to the finals to beat whomever they play. Believe in Stern conspiracy: imagine headlines: Yao first international Finals MVP. Huge international boost for ratings and everything. Another long shot is GSW 100:1. (beat Dallas, beat Houston/Utah, hope Suns beat SA, take out tired Suns, then the east. not too inimaginable: could very well beat Dallas, has already beaten Phoenix, Utah, and Houston this month. Thought would be appreciated BAR. btw: will be on Houston and probably Denver 2m. Maybe a Denver, Detroit, Houston, Indi longshot ML parley

Before you guys start cashing in your tickets on the Rockets beating the Jazz let me show you one thing that should give you a pause.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=hou
Utah (48-25)​

Houston (47-27)​

86​
<!--
Timeouts: 3​

-->
83​
<!--
Timeouts: 3​

-->

<!-- linscorelength: 5 : 5 --><!-- for gameUpdate, recap, play-by-play and box score, show linescore & clock divs below --><!-- begin linescore (new) --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR id=lineTopRow align=middle><TD class=bbL align=left></TD><TD class=bbL width=30>1</TD><TD class=bbL width=30>2</TD><TD class=bbL width=30>3</TD><TD class=bbL width=30>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>T</TD></TR><TR id=lineAwayRow align=middle><TD align=left>Utah </TD><TD>20</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>27</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD id=lineAwayTotal>86</TD></TR><TR id=lineHomeRow align=middle><TD align=left>Houston </TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>22</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD id=lineHomeTotal>83</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
<!-- end linescore --><!-- Clock and Quarter -->Final

<!-- pageName == nbaboxscore --><!-- END STANDARD GAME HEADER --><STYLE>/* begin main page tabs */ .tabber {width: 750px; font-family: Verdana, Sans-serif; font-size: 10px; padding: 8px 10px 9px 0px;} .tabOn {margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px; width: 90px; height: 15px; border: 1px solid #9B9B9B; border-bottom: 1px solid white; background-color: #FFF; float: left; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;} .tabOff {margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px; width: 90px; height: 15px; border-bottom: 1px solid #9B9B9B; border-top: 1px solid #FFF; background-color: #EEE; float: left; text-align: center;} .tabOff a {color: #444;} .tabOff a:hover {color: #000;} /* end main page tabs */ </STYLE>
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Recap

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD style="BACKGROUND: #06143f; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=14>UTAH JAZZ</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>STARTERS</TD><TD width="5%">MIN</TD><TD noWrap width="7%">FGM-A</TD><TD width="7%">3PM-A</TD><TD width="7%">FTM-A</TD><TD width="6%">OREB</TD><TD width="6%">DREB</TD><TD width="6%">REB</TD><TD width="6%">AST</TD><TD width="6%">STL</TD><TD width="6%">BLK</TD><TD width="6%">TO</TD><TD width="6%">PF</TD><TD width="6%">PTS</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Andrei Kirilenko, F</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>3-8</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>2-2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Carlos Boozer, FC</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>4-13</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>5-9</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>13</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Mehmet Okur, FC</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>7-18</TD><TD>1-5</TD><TD>5-8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>20</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Derek Fisher, PG</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>2-7</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>3-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Deron Williams, PG</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>5-15</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>2-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>12</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>BENCH</TD><TD width="5%">MIN</TD><TD noWrap width="7%">FGM-A</TD><TD width="7%">3PM-A</TD><TD width="7%">FTM-A</TD><TD width="6%">OREB</TD><TD width="6%">DREB</TD><TD width="6%">REB</TD><TD width="6%">AST</TD><TD width="6%">STL</TD><TD width="6%">BLK</TD><TD width="6%">TO</TD><TD width="6%">PF</TD><TD width="6%">PTS</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Paul Millsap, F</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>1-3</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Gordan Giricek, SG</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>4-7</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Matt Harpring, GF</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>3-6</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>3-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Jarron Collins, C</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Dee Brown, G</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Rafael Araujo, C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Ronnie Brewer, GF</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>TOTALS</TD><TD></TD><TD noWrap>FGM-A</TD><TD>3PM-A</TD><TD>FTM-A</TD><TD>OREB</TD><TD>DREB</TD><TD>REB</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PTS</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2></TD><TD>30-79</TD><TD>2-7</TD><TD>24-33</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>86</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2></TD><TD>38.0%</TD><TD>28.6%</TD><TD>72.7%</TD><TD colSpan=9>Team TO (pts off): 8 (7)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=14></TD></TR><TR class=stathead><TD style="BACKGROUND: #d40026; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=14>HOUSTON ROCKETS</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>STARTERS</TD><TD width="5%">MIN</TD><TD noWrap width="7%">FGM-A</TD><TD width="7%">3PM-A</TD><TD width="7%">FTM-A</TD><TD width="6%">OREB</TD><TD width="6%">DREB</TD><TD width="6%">REB</TD><TD width="6%">AST</TD><TD width="6%">STL</TD><TD width="6%">BLK</TD><TD width="6%">TO</TD><TD width="6%">PF</TD><TD width="6%">PTS</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Shane Battier, SF</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>2-4</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Chuck Hayes, F</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>3-8</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Yao Ming, C</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>11-24</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>13-15</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>35</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Tracy McGrady, GF</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>9-23</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Rafer Alston, PG</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>2-10</TD><TD>1-7</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>BENCH</TD><TD width="5%">MIN</TD><TD noWrap width="7%">FGM-A</TD><TD width="7%">3PM-A</TD><TD width="7%">FTM-A</TD><TD width="6%">OREB</TD><TD width="6%">DREB</TD><TD width="6%">REB</TD><TD width="6%">AST</TD><TD width="6%">STL</TD><TD width="6%">BLK</TD><TD width="6%">TO</TD><TD width="6%">PF</TD><TD width="6%">PTS</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Dikembe Mutombo, C</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>John Lucas, PG</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Juwan Howard, F</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>4-8</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>2-4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Kirk Snyder, SG</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Jake Tsakalidis, C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Steve Novak, F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Vassilis Spanoulis, PG</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=13>DNP COACH'S DECISION</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>TOTALS</TD><TD></TD><TD noWrap>FGM-A</TD><TD>3PM-A</TD><TD>FTM-A</TD><TD>OREB</TD><TD>DREB</TD><TD>REB</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PTS</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2></TD><TD>31-80</TD><TD>5-17</TD><TD>16-23</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>83</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2></TD><TD>38.8%</TD><TD>29.4%</TD><TD>69.6%</TD><TD colSpan=9>Team TO (pts off): 8 (4)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This game was about 10 days ago. Everything on the line for both teams, Jazz playing like shit just like they still are and what happened? The Jazz went to Houston and beat the Rockets. Look at the #'s. There wasn't any career nights, TMac didn't hurt his back nor were there any other stats that were eye catchers. I'm only writing this as a small word of caution when people think that series is an automatic win for the Rockets. I'd mortgage the house that the Jazz won't go down in 5 games though. The last week will help forecast their playoff hopes as they host Denver, @Dallas, PHO, POR, and finish with the Rockets at home.

JPICKS.....you are missing one key ingredient and thats Luther Head not playing in that Rockets game. Look at his games since hes been back in the lineup as well as how much PT he gets in the 4th quarter. He is one of our most clutch players that JVG and TMac have a lot of confidence in

JPICKS.....you are missing one key ingredient and thats Luther Head not playing in that Rockets game. Look at his games since hes been back in the lineup as well as how much PT he gets in the 4th quarter. He is one of our most clutch players that JVG and TMac have a lot of confidence in

You're right. I didn't see that he was out there. Either way they still lost at home to POR and GSW since he's been back and they won @LAC and @LAL without him. I think that HOU/UTA may be the first series ever where the road team wins every game. :) It's amazing how much better the Rockets play on the road.

Not I either.

Killa- I could very well be a homer, but in the end I'm not a passionate fan of the Jazz. It's more of a we live in the same place so I might as well wish them well. I've just seen them go thru hot and cold spells all year. They started 12-1 and then proceeded to go 10-13 (something close) losing 5 of 6 during a stretch. The point is they are young and clearly don't know how to play at a peak level for an extneded amount of time. They fact they are 8-5 ATS over their last 13 as dogs says alot about them. I think they've become quite disinterested and maybe they'll be able to turn it back on, but maybe not. The win in Houston tells me that they can still win against elite teams. Like I've said on here and in other conversations is that you'll know all you need to know about the Jazz's playoff chances over the last week.

BAR, good post.

I agree with this in correlation to Indiana:
I don;t think they have a total urgency for the playoffs.

Even if they have it, shooting 30% last night, being b2b, AND laying 4?

Not for me. I would NEVER play the Bucks since I'm not that sharp :D (I don't think anyone is :D) but I won't side with the Pacers either.

I would however look at the Rockets. One thing that bothers me here, this team has been extremely unkind to me this year...

The plays:
Orlando ML +180
Utah PK -110

both plays for 2 units

Detroit's rotations rest of season will be "exhibition-like" although they are still trying to win games. This means lazier defense to me and thats how we lock ORL down. I think Magic may sneak away with this one.

austintxo5 got banned from our site to cause he talked hell shit to us, he even wanted to sue us for banning him, wtf??

it's not suprised to see him got banned here also.

The plays:
Orlando ML +180
Utah PK -110

both plays for 2 units

Detroit's rotations rest of season will be "exhibition-like" although they are still trying to win games. This means lazier defense to me and thats how we lock ORL down. I think Magic may sneak away with this one.

SEE?1?!?!?!

he's not a homer.

'an_horse'

Can you place any calls at half to the Pistons locker room? I could really use a tank job. My 90:1 parlay really needs them to have a tank job. :)

yup

grabbed jazz early hoping DWill would play

if they can't show up at home with pride against a rival like Melo then they r hopeless...i don't see Sloane lettin his team sleep walk here...he knows histeam needs momentum

gl

Hey Detroit

Though it's only the end of the 3rd quarter, the game's over, you win! We get it, you're better than Orlando. How about letting Orlando back in the game, you know, tease them a little. You guys have f'ed me over enough this year screwing me with last second baskets and overtimes. You owe me one you bastards.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2"><td>Free Throws</td><td align="center">21-35, 60%</td></tr></tbody></table>
Probably the reason the Magic will had absolutely NO success, not even a win in the playoffs. IF they even make it in.

Cant win every night dawg...... Keep ya head up, back at it Friday

I had a feeling I shouldn;t have played tonight...what I really missed was ORL 2nd half..that I mad about..just missed it.

I do have some I love for Friday though.

Im mad bout missing Dallas 2H too..... That team wasnt about to lose to those quitting chumps, no matter who was in there playing.

Back