OK, Fantasy Freaks...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Aight, fellas....

Here's the deal.

Got a big fantasy draft down here tomorrow night.

I'm pretty well versed in FFL, considering I've played since my college days in Indiana back in the mid-90s...

(wow, showing my age there for sure, lol)...

Anyways, there is a big league down here that drafts tomorrow night at a local watering hole.... I am pretty well prepped... but will love advice from you guys and if you can give me something I can use, I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to be putting in four figures to this league (counting draft, side bets, transactions, etc.); so if I make out good, I vow to take a portion of the winnings and put it back into CTG contests in 2008 after I get the cheddah........

Help, anyone???

:cheers:

Hmmmm.....not sure what you are looking for here. Need help with something more specific? Draft strategy, sleepers, etc?

How deep is the league?

If you give a couple more specifics, I'll do my best to help out.

Do you get points per reception. How many points for TD's. How many teams. Help us out her CKR

in general terms i think this is a good year to wait on the qb pick. just had a draft the other night where i did not select a qb until the ninth round and ended up with roethlisberger and eli at the position being the last guy to draft a qb. this enabled me to load up on the rb and wr spots when the qb run occurred. this is mute of course if it is a passing league. my two cents for what it's worth

Running backs win championships. They get the most touches and the most points. This year's RB class is weak because of a lot of RBBC situations. Grab 2 RB's with your first 2 picks, even one with your 3rd pick if you have a flex spot.

The QB spot is deep this year. Guys like Leinart, Cutler, Roethlis, and Eli are all set-up for big years, and they can all be had VERY LATE.

Who cares about WR?

Sorry fellas.

It's 14 teams, double-headers each week head to head, traditional league I believe... and I think I draft 11th...

I have an idea of the strategy I want to employ, as I've already drafted a couple of other teams, both of which I am satisfied... this is a deeper league and I have to dig in to find quality players late....

my late strategy in deeper leagues is to draft the backup RBs to use as trade bait. no one has been drafting Micheal Jenkins or Roddy white, but they looked good against that awful cincy D last night.

2cents, worth a lot less...

my late strategy in deeper leagues is to draft the backup RBs to use as trade bait. no one has been drafting Micheal Jenkins or Roddy white, but they looked good against that awful cincy D last night.

2cents, worth a lot less...

theres your answer why they looked good.

CKR if Henry is there at 11 I would grab him. I could see him having 1700 and 12-15TD this year. I would go RB, RB especially in a deep league like that. maybe Bush or Ronnie Brown coming back. GL and keep us posted on who you end up taking

I agree - RB should be the focus. I almost always start with RB, RB, then I reevaluate after that point.

Agree with those that say you can get a QB late. I was also the last to pick a QB and ended up with Romo and Eli.

Don't be afraid to start with 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds either.

No need to stock up on WRs either. I would grab a couple consistent guys, but new players always emerge at this position as the year unfolds. Cincy's 3rd WR is still up in the air, as is the Jacksonville and Tennessee WR core. Someone will emerge out of this during the first couple of weeks.

Also, not sure about anybody else, but there is usually one or two homers at the drafts that will pick all Eagles or Chargers players, etc. Know who these guys are, as you can predict what they will do.

Just some general stuff that popped into my head......

All you need at WR,

Calvin Johnson and/or Braylon Edwards

Get one of those 2 guys late and you're guaranteeing yourself 1300 yards, 10 td's

As far as sleeper 3rd/4th RB's I'd take a look at Lamont Jordan

Had a lot of hype last year and never did much with it, could see him putting up decent #'s this year in Kiffen's new offense

As far as sleeper 3rd/4th RB's I'd take a look at Lamont Jordan

Had a lot of hype last year and never did much with it, could see him putting up decent #'s this year in Kiffen's new offense

Lamont has already started moving up draft boards. Remember he was a high first round pick last year.

PIcking 11th out of 14, I would leave the door open for manning. B2B Rbs are great, but theres no point reaching for RB2. I usually have a list of RBS I take over Peyton (15 deep as far as Im concerned). Recent draft, not 1 of the backs I liked dropped to me; so I had no choice but to take Manning second (Jump took the guy I wanted)

I have a good idea on who I'm taking and what not, but I appreciate some of these sleepers you guys have brought up.

In another league with 10 teams (some of the guys are real screwey) but I turned out pretty good. I am looking for some of these same guys... I drafted third in that one.

1. Joseph Addai (3rd pick) - I think the fantasy steal of the year. This guy is going to get major dosage.

2. Maurice Jones-Drew (18th) - Best back left in my mind at that point.

3. Tom Brady - (23) Yeah some will say it's too early but no receiver is worth it to draft early and I wasn't thrilled with the backs left when you consider that Brady finally has a receiving corps this year.

4. Marshawn Lynch - (38) Shocked that he was still left, as I pondered getting him in the third.

5. Lee Evans - (43) Another Bill, but again, by far the best receiver left at that point. He's a must-start.

6. Plaxico Burress (58) Don't like him or that QB who throws to him but he was best WR left.

7. Santana Moss (63) Ditto above.

8. Jerious Norwood (78) Best back left

9. Alge Crumpler (83) Best TE left - though it was between him and Vernon Davis and this is my only regret. I woulda took Davis if I had it to do over.

10. Isaac Bruce (98) Like I said, bunch of idiots. They just overlooked him cause he should't be my fourth receiver.

11. Vince Young (103). I don't like him one bit but he's a playmaker and a decent backup.

12. D.J. Hackett (118). Best receiver left.

The draft is still in progress. Online thing in this league since we couldn't get all together somewhere.

Oh - and the big league I'm in tonight... The website showed me as Team 11 - but the draft position, we draw for at the bar. Time for my first cocktail. I'll be here for another hour. We draft between 730 and 8 (930-10 Eastern).... advice, thoughts, etc., all welcome...

Plaxico Burress, WR NYG
News: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Plaxico Burress (back) is considered day-to-day. Coach Tom Coughlin did not rule him out for the team's preseason finale at New England. He has missed the first three preseason games already.
Analysis: Expect Burress to miss the finale and be questionable for Week 1 at Dallas. Burress has two sore ankles, back spasms and is getting over the flu -- it's been a rough offseason for him. Expectations should be tempered on him. He's still a No. 2 Fantasy WR, but be careful when drafting him because this preseason has been tough.

Back