Offseason Thread (trades, free agents, rumors, etc)

Owners reaction for the brewers was embarrassing

He's upset, I get it, but if someone offers a guy several million more to do the same job, how can you be mad at him for taking it? I think also, coaches or managers have a shelf life at a certain place and they have to move on at some point, no matter how well it's going.

Braves and Jays now are tied with the best odds to win the WS, +700 at DK

Now they are saying he hasn't made a decision so I will take the blame if he doesn't sign with Toronto.
They are going bananas with flight tracking today and can't even get their stories straight. At first a report said the Dodgers beat guy said he was signing with the Dodgers, then an ESPN guy said that it wasn't done yet. Now the Dodgers beat guy claims he said Jays, not Dodgers all along.

They're now refuting reports of refuting reports. What a circus.

They'll make it up in foreign advertising but from a baseball stand point this is going to be a horrible deal for Toronto or whoever signs him.

They'll make it up in foreign advertising but from a baseball stand point this is going to be a horrible deal for Toronto or whoever signs him.
People underestimate how big of a market toronto is

Its 6 million people, but their footprint for local markets is the whole country, 35 million

The only area where it's a smaller is here in BC where there is a huge amount of mariners fans

add in japan and the advertising and merch will more than make up for it

People underestimate how big of a market toronto is

Its 6 million people, but their footprint for local markets is the whole country, 35 million

The only area where it's a smaller is here in BC where there is a huge amount of mariners fans

add in japan and the advertising and merch will more than make up for it
I get it from a business stand point but purely baseball wise whoever pays him 500 million plus will regret it.

I don't do futures and it's capped at $25 but DK has a freeze on LAD to win the WS at +1000. Doubt you'll see it any lower if that's worth it for you.

I don't do futures and it's capped at $25 but DK has a freeze on LAD to win the WS at +1000. Doubt you'll see it any lower if that's worth it for you.
As of today, who is starting for them next year? Kershaw just had shoulder surgery and is a FA. May and buehler off of TJ.

As of today, who is starting for them next year? Kershaw just had shoulder surgery and is a FA. May and buehler off of TJ.
Don't get me wrong, hopefully they have nothing. That bullpen is far from elite too.

I see +500 currently on DK. I saw +575 earlier this week.

If it was +1000 it has to just be a teaser of sorts that they’re limiting you to $25.

Supposedly huge amt of Ohtani contract is "Unprecedented deferrals" according to Rosenthal. Just reading the tea leaves here but you gotta figure that Ohtani is and has been in contact with Yamamoto right? If the Dodgers are ready to pony up another 300 mil they can have him as well. They can absolutely afford it, no question about that.

Aside from that Ohtani is just the first domino. I think they may end up with another two high end starters before all is said and done. Then you get Buehler back and you have Bobby Miller who looks like he can be good.

That contract is crazy, but good for everyone involved

Shohei gets paid, dodgers fans get the best player in the league

Fans get to watch shohei in the playoffs for max 2 rounds every year

What's not to love

That contract is crazy, but good for everyone involved

Shohei gets paid, dodgers fans get the best player in the league

Fans get to watch shohei in the playoffs for max 2 rounds every year

What's not to love
LOOL you just jerked off to him in Toronto Teed, what the flying fuck are you doing here?

You've flipped to LAD love? God damn you're hare to follow

And I'm flakey as fuck

Are you a Dodgers fan now after sucking the Toronto dildo last night?

This is transformative...kinda. He's not Bonds but he's what he is, a BEAST

Trying to separate fandom from stardom, I'm still more concerned about the Giants than the Dodgers. Pads are treading water at best.

LOOL you just jerked off to him in Toronto Teed, what the flying fuck are you doing here?

And I'm flakey as fuck

Trying to separate fandom from stardom, I'm still more concerned about the Giants than the Dodgers. Pads are treading water at best.
where did I jerk him off? I posted a few tweets and a potential batting order

I'm not a huge blue Jays fan, dont follow them hard but it wild have been fun since they are on tv everyday here, I was a Cubs fan growing up cause of the games on wgn with prior and wood, Canada got wgn out of Chicago, tbs out of atlanta, and wpix out of New York for some reason so you will find a higher than expected number of Cubs, braves, and mets fans up here. Cheer for the mariners a bit too since so many friends do,

not a dodgers fan in anyway, but it's a win for the sport imo, him and trout on the Angels such a waste

I even took a shot at them saying max 2 playoff rounds....

Jays need to pivot fast, need a left handed bat that can legitimately bat 3rd, need a 3rd baseman who can offer anything, chapman had a great first 6 weeks than was terrible last year

Pitching is very solid, they have tiedeman likely coming up early or mid season as well which will be a boost, just need some bats

They almost have to do it too, cant blame money when they were offering 500m plus for 1 guy, also Rogers is a massive company and super rich, think their market cap is 25+ billion

And I'm flakey as fuck

Why would you be concerned with the Giants they suck.

Why wouldn't you be concerned with the Giants? Ever?
From a DBacks standpoint the Giants are not currently a threat at all. Yes they have the finances to be good but they have a weak front office and a roster that as of today just isn't good. You should be concerned with the Giants if and when they hire good executives because as long as Zaidi is running things they most likely will have very limited success.

Reactions: KJ
From a DBacks standpoint the Giants are not currently a threat at all. Yes they have the finances to be good but they have a weak front office and a roster that as of today just isn't good. You should be concerned with the Giants if and when they hire good executives because as long as Zaidi is running things they most likely will have very limited success.
Thanks

I'm fairly confident in our execs and have been for a long time. Now that Kendrick is opening the checkbook they get to have some fun.

Thanks

I'm fairly confident in our execs and have been for a long time. Now that Kendrick is opening the checkbook they get to have some fun.
You have a very good front office but you are still at a big disadvantage to the Dodgers who are also well run and will have payrolls 2-3 times higher than Arizona.

You have a very good front office but you are still at a big disadvantage to the Dodgers who are also well run and will have payrolls 2-3 times higher than Arizona.
Come on, that's a given from day one. I thought educated discussion started after the obvious.

Back