NHL Draft Live Thread

Teapot9

Not from 63rd
30 mins till the 2019 draft kicks off....

What do you want to see your team do?

I would like to see the Hawks go defense. That Byram kid from Vancouver (WHL) could be the defenseman of the future.

30 mins till the 2019 draft kicks off....

What do you want to see your team do?

I would like to see the Hawks go defense. That Byram kid from Vancouver (WHL) could be the defenseman of the future.

Hoping Byram falls to the Avs

Hoping Byram falls to the Avs

Hes a stud, what he did for the giants in the whl playoffs last year was a man amongst boys

Hes drew doughty 2.0, drew doughty at the 2010 olympics for canada level

Avs D in 2 years is going to be insane

Byram makar
Girard Timmons

They still need some help up front to get to the next level but they are set up for a solid run as a contender, and a fun one at that, byram and makar are both gonna be Norris candidates a lot of years

alex newhook who they got with their own 1st is gonna slot in as a 2nd line c behind MacKinnon in a few years from now as well, hes a great young player

Nashville gives pk subban away to the devils

Deal is two 2nd rounders, santino, and davies. Both are B- prospects so it's really for the 2nds

Really shocked that couldnt be matched by someone else

Nashville needed cap space, they are making a run at duschene and need to resign josi

Marleau will be going back home to San Jose

Hurricanes get him, and will buy him out so he can sign back home

Cost the leafs a 1st, Lou really fucked that deal up, leafs are gonna need cheap talent since their top guys are so expensive

Nashville gives pk subban away to the devils

Deal is two 2nd rounders, santino, and davies. Both are B- prospects so it's really for the 2nds

Really shocked that couldnt be matched by someone else

Nashville needed cap space, they are making a run at duschene and need to resign josi

Add to this, PK near new york media is great for the nhl, hes the most outgoing player the league has

Also, makes it so much more likely taylor hall resigns with them now

Have a clear number 1 d now, a couple young guys like severson , butcher, and vatanen

Up front hall and hughes on line 1, hirscher anchoring line 2 is a very good base

Them vs the rangers and islanders the next 5 years could be real fun

Ugh they went center and took the kid from Saskatoon. We need defense.

shocked they didnt take byram, or if going with a forward, turcotte

Most lists had cozens and zegras ahead of dach

It's a bit of a risk, but if it pays off then it makes sense, cause dachs ceiling is higher, he has great hands, tons of skill and he is a big boy. If he puts it together hes barkov imo. But his skating is behind the other guys right now, his production this year wasnt great either

Must have a few scouts who pushed for him

At least the Rangers couldn't possibly screw up the number 2 pick. I would have preferred Hughes but Kakko looks like he will be a good one.

At least the Rangers couldn't possibly screw up the number 2 pick. I would have preferred Hughes but Kakko looks like he will be a good one.
Kakko a stud and like LRR he is ready now

He can be a top 6 winger next season

To me there was no losing in the top 2, both these guys are gonna be absolute beasts, just different styles, hughes more of a playmaker akin to someone like johnny gaudreau, whereas to me, and I've seen a few scouts say it, kakko could be a power forward on the bertuzzi or forsberg level

Rangers are doing this rebuild so effectively, they are gonna be a playoff team by 2021 imo, think this year they get close, but next year back in

Kakko a stud and like LRR he is ready now

He can be a top 6 winger next season

To me there was no losing in the top 2, both these guys are gonna be absolute beasts, just different styles, hughes more of a playmaker akin to someone like johnny gaudreau, whereas to me, and I've seen a few scouts say it, kakko could be a power forward on the bertuzzi or forsberg level

Rangers are doing this rebuild so effectively, they are gonna be a playoff team by 2021 imo, think this year they get close, but next year back in

I want one more tank year with the 2020 draft supposedly the best in a decade. This past draft was the Rangers first pick this high in about 50 years and I want one more crack at a top pick.

I want one more tank year with the 2020 draft supposedly the best in a decade. This past draft was the Rangers first pick this high in about 50 years and I want one more crack at a top pick.

Ya next years top 4 is insane for a draft, all 4 are 1st overall level guys right now, if they continue on their current pace

Lafreniere, the two swedes Holtz and raymond, and byfield

Back