NHL Draft and Free Agency 2023

Not a fan of jinxing shit but St Kitts ML +6500 .2* and draw +3500 .5* are bets on the pitch tonight against the US

I seriously have reservations about this US squad being able to score against a team full of slugs

I'd never thought of that, agents tell players in the draft year not to grow a full beard because it's a scouting belief it means they are maxed out physically

Jerry West is the only other name that comes to mind.
Jerry wasn't a good GM and isn't a good one

I guess there's an argument to be made but I think the Lakers could have done so much more when he was there

How are we not including Kevin McHale?

Jerry wasn't a good GM and isn't a good one

I guess there's an argument to be made but I think the Lakers could have done so much more when he was there

How are we not including Kevin McHale?
No titles as a gm/coach

Yzerman built tampa, they already have 2 cups

Reactions: KJ
What's funny is John Lynch was on the same path but he'll never escape the shadow of the Trey Lance move
Ya lynch would be good

Yzerman is on his own though, even if lynch wins one with 49ers, hes maybe a top 20 safety of all time

Yzerman is a top 15-20 all time, captain for 3 cups, 7th in points

Also one of only two retired guys who are top 20 in points scored who did it with only 1 team, mario the other, crosby and ovie probly join them too

Basically need equivalent to be peyton manning, albert pujols, or Dwayne wade level

Ya lynch would be good

Yzerman is on his own though, even if lynch wins one with 49ers, hes maybe a top 20 safety of all time

Yzerman is a top 15-20 all time, captain for 3 cups, 7th in points

Also one of only two retired guys who are top 20 in points scored who did it with only 1 team, mario the other, crosby and ovie probly join them too

Basically need equivalent to be peyton manning, albert pujols, or Dwayne wade level
Oh don't let the Iowa in me fool you

Only teams I played in Sega hockey in college were Buffalo 95%) and Detroilet. Only reason I ventured out to Detroit was Yzerman.

Bure, Hawerchuk, Hasek won me a lot of money but I could make those Wings teams work if needed

Assuming no one was allowed to pick chicago cause roenick was a cheat code for a few years
I went to school in Missouri, it was always against the Blues

No chance any of them would have played with the Hawks, they'd rather lose money

Csnt imagine it would be up anywhere, but I'd look at odds of Andrew Cristall to the Hawks tomorrow

They pick 3rd in 2nd round, he was a projected late 1st, him and bedard played spring hockey together before junior and play in a roller hockey league here still

Dude simply gets it.

Like Ovie
Yep, gotta enjoy it

I bet pep privately doesnt mind either, because when graelish shows up to training next month hes definitely gonna get gassed on fitness tests and its gonna give pep something to point too about team not taking it seriously etc. Perfect motivation for a team coming off a treble

Reactions: KJ
Yep, gotta enjoy it

I bet pep privately doesnt mind either, because when graelish shows up to training next month hes definitely gonna get gassed on fitness tests and its gonna give pep something to point too about team not taking it seriously etc. Perfect motivation for a team coming off a treble
No one really deserves it more. Gotta think as a Villa and T-Mike hero after the transfer, the pressure was huge and he got bagged by every outlet last season. As a fan I'm so happy for the dude to figure it out and come into his own this season. The weight he carried was lifted off his shoulders. Not seen in the sport by me before, where just letting it go shows the immense pressure he was under.

And Pep will love that, you're right. Team will look a lot different next season and it doesn't suck. Gundo's wife hated living in Manchester lol

Ozzie newsome?

Literally taking a shit while typing this and that’s the one that stands out to me
Ya kj mentioned him a few pages back

Definitely fits the gm part, just wasnt anywhere near yzerman as a player, not that he wasnt great, just yzerman sets the bar high

Best example of what would match him I've been able to come up is if you combined Larry Bird and Danny Ainge into one entity, Larry's playing career and Ainge as an exec.

Yzerman just goes unappreciated

Connor brown is a really good signing for edmonton

Cheap cause hes coming off the knee injury, so they could give him league minimum and then bonuses up to 4 million, which wouldnt have to be paid till next season if he meets them anyway

Played with mcdavid in junior

Duschene for 3m on a 1 year deal is a steal for dallas because he was bought out

He had 86 in 78 and 56 in 71 for nashville last 2 seasons

dallas center depth is great now, hintz, pavelski, duschene is an elite 3 down the middle grouping

Seguin can become the cherry picking winger he was always destined to be now

My twitter is down so haven’t really had a chance to see some signings but Erik Johnson hit 3,25 million from the sabres? And I love Ryan reeves but Toronto gave him 3 years?
Meanwhile looks like the rangers are strengthening their AHL team for next year with their signings. Interested in Wheeler and it’s just one year at 825k so I dig it. Rangers have no cap space if they want to keep their key players.

Anytime you can bring in a guy who was stripped of the captaincy, caused the previous coach to quit mid year, and hazed laine so much he demanded a trade, this is all in the last 3 years btw, you just gotta do it if your chris drury I guess

Killorn got paid. 4 years, 6.25m/year. Course he'll probably have to pay up for country club fees since he will not be playing hockey past mid-April any time soon with the ducks

Killorn got paid. 4 years, 6.25m/year. Course he'll probably have to pay up for country club fees since he will not be playing hockey past mid-April any time soon with the ducks
crazy money

Dont blame him at all, hes 33, has 2 cups already

Cash in for the last time

@brewers888

Thoughts on Drury signing blake wheeler, who is widely agreed as the biggest locker room cancer in recent history?

Sure it will end well
For what they paid him no problem with it at all. It’s the other signings and the fact that Wheeler adds yet another guy that can’t skate is what really bothers me.

Amazing how quickly the Rangers went from announcing a rebuild to being an old slow team as usual. Wheeler on its own is fine and it was cheap but they signed a bunch of other guys that can’t skate. Drury has one maybe two years before he’s replaced by the next clown.

Amazing how quickly the Rangers went from announcing a rebuild to being an old slow team as usual. Wheeler on its own is fine and it was cheap but they signed a bunch of other guys that can’t skate. Drury has one maybe two years before he’s replaced by the next clown.
Kinda got unlucky with the drafts

The kaako one missing out on jack hughes, rest of the draft kinda sucked

Byram and seider only 2 from top 10 besides jack who look worthy of a top pick

Kaako has turned into a decent middle 6 player, still hope he becomes a power forward, back in the day iginla and bertuzzi took 3 years to get the man strength

For laf

not a great top 10, stutzle the best player and I know lots of scouts liked him a ton, was never going 1

Back