NHL 2nd Round - In-Games

bettman really screwed the pooch with the versus contract...

Yeah, we could hear the whimpers of that poor mutt all the way down here in Southern California. What he did to that poor defenseless animal was shameful.

wow canes vs. washington would be exciting,

canes vs. pens would be exciting!!!!!!

Gary Bettman just s**t down his left leg when he realized the Carolina Hurricanes are going back to the Eastern Conference Finals.

bettman really screwed the pooch with the versus contract...

Yeah, we could hear the whimpers of that poor mutt all the way down here in Southern California. What he did to that poor defenseless animal was shameful.
just like selig will do with my bluejays :D

That all said, when ESPN caught up with Gary Bettman after the Pens/Caps game tonight and asked him what his reaction to the game was he reportedly said:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

just an FYI... I hate hockey

I hate good teams that can't close. I hate it in any sport.

I hated it with San Jose in round one, I'm hating it right now with Vancouver, I hated it in Games One and Two with the Pens, I hate it with Boston.

It's the most frustrating thing there is.

just an FYI... I hate hockey

I hate good teams that can't close. I hate it in any sport.

I hated it with San Jose in round one, I'm hating it right now with Vancouver, I hated it in Games One and Two with the Pens, I hate it with Boston.

It's the most frustrating thing there is.

credit where credit is due... reminds me when I was so happy to face teh Canes in the Conference finals... and we all know how that ended:hang:

Agreed.

The Hurricanes are the most underrated team left in the playoffs, and they're playing as good, if not better than anybody.

There was no one, at least no one that I saw, who gave them any chance vs. Boston after that Game One. Yet they've just mucked along, playing good solid hockey, and they're kicking ass.

I'm not crazy about the Whalers being in Carolina, but there are a lot of guys on that team to be happy for.

How about this, if the Pens can find a way to get by the Caps and the 'Canes hold on, it's Staal vs. Staal to go to the Cup.

that would be an interesting line / who to play... Pens -140 is the top of the head line

That feels about right, though you have to figure in the popularity tax. So I'd say Pens -150.

They'd have home ice, plus the Sid hype. I actually don't think I'd bet them as a series play at that number, just try to get them in selected games.

Meanwhile, I'm still playing the over tomorrow, though I'd love to have an idea of what the lineups are going to be.

wooooooooo hereeee we go!!!!

pens/caps

got my pizza
got the rum and coke
it's time to be entertained with sports :shake:

This should be a pretty fun, wide open game.

Some good chances right out of the gate and now we get the first penalty.

Pens' PP coming.

Big chance here.

i do; would like to see some goals here, lots of opportunities just not capitalizing

first goal is goign to trigger a goal fest, hoping it's early :D

and on a side note, i am baffled by the ignorance of some people

first goal is goign to trigger a goal fest, hoping it's early :D

and on a side note, i am baffled by the ignorance of some people

I hope you're right on the first point, agree with you completely on the second.

i was @ pizza pizza picking up dinner for my sister

and this teeanager was waiting to see if they had cheese cslices left and they replied no!

so he's looking at the slices and he goes i don't want anythingwith pork cause i don't fucking want to catch that swine flu shit

so he's looking at the slices and he goes i don't want anythingwith pork cause i don't fucking want to catch that swine flu shit

Genius.

I don't know how we got out of that period scoreless, but we did.

no worries joe, after watching that first period, you could sense goals were coming, varlamov was lucky..kunitz had an open cage missed, and fleury was just specatcular..

Oh, what a move.

Carolina goal. You go home now, Boston.

:eyes:

in all seriousness. in the b's-canes series i think its gonna play out as carolina wins 4-1 or boston wins in 7. boston has shown NO life at all this series. even the first game they came out like shit, but played better in the 2nd and 3rd. we'll see how much they care with their game 5 appearance. they win game 5 i think they battle and win the series. they show no heart again, and its time to break out the golf clubs. imo, 3-1 they take the series is a much better play than the -200 they'll throw out for tomorrows game, if you planned on playing the b's tomorrow (do not know why someone would).

Sami Salo good to go according to Ron MacLean

And ya I think there is going to be a goal fest here in the 2nd as well

That's five straight games the visiting team has scored first in this series.

Bad news for the Pens, the team that doesn't score first is 4-0 in this series.

Back