NHL 2nd Round - In-Games

That shift leading up to the interference call was all Carolina. Pretty even period up until that point. And theres a goal.

The two best goalies in this second round, by far are Varlamov and Hiller.

Every thing even remotely resembling a breakaway in this series Varlamov has stopped. It's been really impressive.

Caps are playing a very Russian style, while the Pens have gone all Canadian on their ass. Caps are trying a lot of backpasses, finesse plays, not really trying to hit and trying to avoid getting hit, while the Pens are banging everything, driving to the net, battling in the corners. A real contrast in styles right now.

Caps are playing a very Russian style, while the Pens have gone all Canadian on their ass. Caps are trying a lot of backpasses, finesse plays, not really trying to hit and trying to avoid getting hit.

definitely right, for the most part thats how weve played all season.

unless brashear's on the ice:smiley_acbe:

Pens have the edge in the first OT, similar to the 2nd period the team benches are in the offensive zone. Their muck and grind style will lead to some long shifts in the D zone for the Caps.

at least Geno showed, Joe.

I'm happy about that, but not to be a jerk about it, that's his job. This guy is supposed to be top tier and he's been out to lunch for a week and a half. Tonight he's there, and I'm very happy about it, because if his confidence grows this team will be hard to stop.

But when he goes into that shell I want to fly to that city and slap him around myself. 'Cause I don't think he'd do anything about it.

I have secretly fallen in love with hockey ONLY because I loved the Canadian announcers I get on the streams...TSN...makes me love it

I have secretly fallen in love with hockey ONLY because I loved the Canadian announcers I get on the streams...TSN...makes me love it

They're so much better than VS. it's not even funny.

Letang is a bit of a liability at that one point spot. That's where the Pens miss Whitney.

Back