NHL 2nd Round - In-Games

no opinion, Slap. But odds are at least 1 road team will win one of these OT games, because both road teams scored 1st, and a greater number of 1st scoring teams win games that go to OT than non-1st scoring teams.

Caps spend a lot of time in their own end trying to control the puck and look for a pass instead of having preset quick breakout plays. It's something you can get away with in the regular season but at the pace they play in the playoffs? Uh, no.

I have the Bruins for the game so I do like them in OT, I havent watched much of the game though only during pens/caps intermissions

PENS GOAL!!!!!

Cam Ward and Luongo are just behind Hiller and Varlamov for me right now on my list of goalies I want on my team in these playoffs.

It's so funny to have an A/B comparison with TSN's coverage immediately after Versus' coverage. It's just dramatically better.

It's so funny to have an A/B comparison with TSN's coverage immediately after Versus' coverage. It's just dramatically better.

Ya I think that one of the big reasons hockey isn't as big in the states has to do with the announcers.

When they show NFL games in canada they dont use crappier announcers they just keep the same ones. If Versus, or when they get it back next year or the year after ESPN, want to grow the game they would be better off just using the TSN feed.

If Versus, or when they get it back next year or the year after ESPN, want to grow the game they would be better off just using the TSN feed.

They would be dramatically better off. I fail to see why they just don't do that. Wouldn't it be cheaper? Is it an admission of failure?

True, but Carolina has played as well as anyone the last 3 months. Cup experience, Ward in goal, looking like the Ducks of the East maybe.

Good comparison on a number of levels, including on the other side of the ice. At times the Bruins, who have the better offensive talent just like the Wings, just look confused and out of sorts--just like the Wings.

no f'ing way would I ever block a shot like that...

Which way, fully exposed ankle with the chance the thing could shoot up into your face, or flat on the ice where it gets to sort of pick a spot on your body?

Back